Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHERE WILL DEAN AMBROSE BE IN 6 MONTHS (05/11/15)
This poll is closed.
HEEL: WWE Champion 5 1.15%
HEEL: Main Eventer (better than where he is now) 11 2.52%
HEEL: Upper midcard (where he is now) 42 9.63%
HEEL: Lower midcarder (worse than he is now) 35 8.03%
HEEL: Jobber or off TV (wayyyyy worse than he is now) 13 2.98%
FACE: WWE Champion 27 6.19%
FACE: Main Eventer (better than where he is now) 60 13.76%
FACE: Upper midcard (where he is now) 95 21.79%
FACE: Lower midcarder (worse than he is now) 43 9.86%
FACE: Jobber or off TV (wayyyyy worse than he is now) 11 2.52%
COMEDY OPTION: Injured. 94 21.56%
Total: 436 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
PUPPYPALOOZA!!!

(Watch ECW Exposed now).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

PUPPYPALOOZA!!!

(Watch ECW Exposed now).

Yeah, do it. Styles sounds like he wants to kill someone.

Jeses, what the gently caress was WCW doing to ECW that made Heyman sue them so many times?

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Nov 11, 2014

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Instead of watching Raw, I went our and ate a sandwich and a ton of fries. I only regret missing Paige get a big pop.

I did make it home in time to see Luke Harper confirm that his new manager is Teddy Long. Shame that he and Rusev both have to be on Team Authority. Neither of them should eat a pin anytime soon.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Instead of watching Raw, I went our and ate a sandwich and a ton of fries. I only regret missing Paige get a big pop.

I did make it home in time to see Luke Harper confirm that his new manager is Teddy Long. Shame that he and Rusev both have to be on Team Authority. Neither of them should eat a pin anytime soon.

I bet you that Harper ends up taking Ziggler and getting them both counted out/DQing himself hurting Ziggler somehow.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

TheJoker138 posted:

I bet you that Harper ends up taking Ziggler and getting them both counted out/DQing himself hurting Ziggler somehow.

But that leaves Rusev to have his first non-DQ loss. Unless they somehow do two gently caress finishes (not out of the realm of possibility for WWE).

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
They could just go ahead and put Cena over Rusev now and save everyone some time.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

BigRed0427 posted:

Yeah, do it. Styles sounds like he wants to kill someone.

Jeses, what the gently caress was WCW doing to ECW that made Heyman sue them so many times?

Being WCW probably. Tampering? A whole lot of guys from Public Enemy to Mikey Whipwreck ended up as WCW jobbers over the years.

Joey Styles sounded like he wanted to kill everyone who wrote the comedy segments.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I really liked the Luke Harper bit at the end if only cuz it felt like it was actually something make you want to see the next Raw as opposed to just "See you next week!"

It was awesome also because of Luke Harper, but that's the main reason.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Chinston Wurchill posted:

PUPPYPALOOZA!!!

(Watch ECW Exposed now).

Where is this on? The Network? Because all I'm getting is the lovely roster reveal.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Another Person posted:

Where is this on? The Network? Because all I'm getting is the lovely roster reveal.

It's over, it was from after Raw to midnight. Pretty good show although there wasn't much new if you've watched the ECW/Steve Austin/Paul Heyman documentaries.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

oatgan posted:

What exactly were the smartly done vignettes and immediate plan for a program with Ryback because he's turned face, heel, and back to face over the last week to fill space in a tag team match between John Cena and The Authority

• Comes back and establishes himself as strong again with a dominant win
  • Is immediately sought after by both Survivor Series teams, indicating his value
  • Establishes himself as not a lackey to John Cena by initially denying him
  • Establishes himself as not willing to put up with the Authority's poo poo by turning on them
  • is DA BIG GUY

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

They could just go ahead and put Cena over Rusev now and save everyone some time.

I would prefer if they did a real build to the match, however, because it's been the logical end to this angle for months now and would make their match better than it was already going to be

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Maybe they'll swerve us and Team Authority will win?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ryback is bigger than everyone else, it's only logical that they are all asking for his help.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Alouicious posted:

also glad to see the SAF finally got a TV gimmick, probably some kind of Gospel-focused stable called The New Day

I really hope they keep the personalities they've had on the app (the theatre segments owned) and it's not just creative giving all three of them dancing black guy gimmicks

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010
Let's all speculate on Big E's upcoming promo.

My money's on blue suited black motivational speaker.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Raw was a really weird show, the crowd muting was silly and took away from what were some good matches.

I did like that even though HHH and Steph are concerned about their position/authority, they still can't help but lord it over everybody and antagonize even their own team and rub their noses in the fact they're their bosses. Well, apart from Luke Harper, they really have no idea how to respond to Luke Harper showing up in his Sunday best.

Just started watching ECW Exposed and it opens with the old shaky camera :allears:

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Luigi Thirty posted:

Being WCW probably. Tampering? A whole lot of guys from Public Enemy to Mikey Whipwreck ended up as WCW jobbers over the years.

Joey Styles sounded like he wanted to kill everyone who wrote the comedy segments.

Yeah was it just me or was there some weird vibes going round that Exposed. I couldn't tell if Styles was going off the reservation a little or no. Heyman seemed very controlled. Sometimes he seemed legit annoyed and other times just tight lipped. I liked when Heyman mentioned Cena and Styles went "really?" Cena as the the rear end kissing Big Time Champion would have gotten insane heat. People would have just loved to see him destroyed by anyone. Comedy option: Match Vs New Jack. Enjoyed it and wanted more of course. Glad they rightly gave props to CM Punk and Daniel Brian. Raven VS Punk was such a great rivalry that should have been on ECW tv. Best moment was playing Cactus going on the kiddie rides "We're Harcore!" I really wish WWE could find a way around the music licences thing as the music was such a large part of ECW. I still mark out to Thunder Kiss 65 and that Nashville Network TV Anthem.

WCW had some great matches but that company was freakin poison to its talent long before Hogan showed up. Reading about the various reigns of Super Bookers is really fascinating. Watts to Sullivan to Flair to later gen Bischoff/ Russo/ Hogan era is just bizarre at times.

As a final bit so glad they gave props to Malenko Vs Guerrero. That match was one of the best matches ECDub ever had. Malenko was bloody amazing and Guerrero was just so on. Surprised nobody sent in questions about Mike Awesome.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Nov 11, 2014

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Von_Doom posted:

As a final bit so glad they gave props to Malenko Vs Guerrero. That match was one of the best matches ECDub ever had. Malenko was bloody amazing and Guerrero was just so on. Surprised nobody sent in questions about Mike Awesome.

Aren't they doing these all week? i'm sure we will get there.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Grumpy Cat

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Welcome to Da Big Time, Big Guy!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

BIG LATS
GRUMPY CATS

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Luigi Thirty posted:

If I remember right Tod Gordon was being paid under the table by WCW to sabotage the ECW locker room and recruit guys over to WCW. Also WCW signed Mike Awesome while he was ECW champ and Heyman says he had to fight to keep the title off WCW TV and keep them from pulling a Madusa (or for the sake of irony, a Shane Douglas). All of this which lead to the bizarre deal where Taz came over on loan from WWF, won the title, and then Vince snuck a win over him by the WWF Champ HHH.

Styles and Heyman also just had a huge thing about railing against the mainstream, big money companies who were taking their talent and doing nothing with them, but since WWF had a working arrangement with ECW they ended up directing most of their heat on WCW. In the end I kind of feel like Heyman and Styles basically ended up really buying into the WWE narrative that WCW was the devil trying to destroy everything good and right in wrestling since they both ended up WWE employees and had the Gordon/Awesome things to fuel them.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Please have a pic of Big E watching Triple H and Steph watching Grumpy cat.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Sigma posted:

Be a shame if someone overcame them

"Some nice odds you've got there...shame if someone....overcame them."

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Please have a pic of Big E watching Dean Ambrose watching Nikki Bella watching Triple H and Steph watching Grumpy cat.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

If I remember right Tod Gordon was being paid under the table by WCW to sabotage the ECW locker room and recruit guys over to WCW. Also WCW signed Mike Awesome while he was ECW champ and Heyman says he had to fight to keep the title off WCW TV and keep them from pulling a Madusa (or for the sake of irony, a Shane Douglas). All of this which lead to the bizarre deal where Taz came over on loan from WWF, won the title, and then Vince snuck a win over him by the WWF Champ HHH.

Oh yeah, that was when they did that weird semi-kayfabe thing where they had Beulah beat up Bill Alfonso on PPV into a bloodbath because he was in on it with Tod Gordon.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Wait did Harper actually show up at any point or was it just the eyes video package?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

NienNunb posted:

Wait did Harper actually show up at any point or was it just the eyes video package?

At the very end he threw Ziggler onto a couch and said he was a team playa, joining the Authority.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

oatgan posted:

What exactly were the smartly done vignettes and immediate plan for a program with Ryback because he's turned face, heel, and back to face over the last week to fill space in a tag team match between John Cena and The Authority

I thought the whole Ryback thing was shockingly logical. Better storytelling than you'd expect from current WWE.

He came back as a face with a basic idea that he hated the kind of guy he had become and wanted to be how he was in his most promising days. Business continues as usual for him. Then he's put in a match with Cena and the Authority offer him a spot. Ryback has never had problems with the Authority. He hates John Cena. He will be well compensated for doing what he normally does. On the surface, there is literally no downside to him joining the Authority other than being a hero for the sake of being a hero, like they already did with Ziggler. Already, this turns out to be a bad idea, considering he has friction with nearly all of his teammates. They all give him poo poo except Rusev and then they won't even let him prove that he can beat Cena. He hasn't joined Cena's side, but he's learned that he's most definitely not with the Authority, even if they do sign the checks.

Interestingly enough, Ryback's story here is very similar to how John Cena initially turned face. He was part of Team Lesnar (another team of huge dudes), had a falling out and got recruited into Team Angle. Coincidentally, the original plan was for Cena to be a tweener, as the go-home Smackdown ended with him giving teammate Hardcore Holly the Attitude Adjustment, but fans didn't react well to it, so they cut it out of the program. We'll see if they want Ryback to be a wild card like that or just a regular face. Either way works.

BigDanRTW
Aug 24, 2003
Can't think of a better pairing for an in-ring feud right now than Harper and Ziggler. Harper is big and violent and Ziggler is the best at selling violent offensive maneuvers.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
I only really caught the Rusev vs Sheamus match, but I'm really warming up to Rusev. He has major babyface appeal for some reason.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Tezzeract posted:

I only really caught the Rusev vs Sheamus match, but I'm really warming up to Rusev. He has major babyface appeal for some reason.

He sells better than Cena.

BigDanRTW
Aug 24, 2003

Tezzeract posted:

I think Jim Ross was spot on about Rusev last week:

“It’s interesting as to why WWE apparently feels Rusev should be booed….apparently only because he’s Russian. The powerhouse rarely cheats, is a patriot to his native land, is a beast, isn’t a coward, and has not lost via pin or submission. What is there among those items that I am supposed to dislike? The nationalistic storylines can still work but the ‘foreigner’ still has to have heel tendencies and nuances."

Aside from the fact that Russia isn't his native land I agree with all of that.

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010
I like him because he wrestles like a babyface; all his feuds have been against bigger, stronger guys and he's come out on top without resorting to dirty heel tactics, just straight up beating dudes in honest matches. Also, he's one of the best in-ring performers the company has right now (him, Ziggler and Rollins are loving amazing at selling on offense). If it wasn't for Lana generating nuclear-grade retro heat, he'd basically be Ryback.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

BigDanRTW posted:

I think Jim Ross was spot on about Rusev last week:

“It’s interesting as to why WWE apparently feels Rusev should be booed….apparently only because he’s Russian. The powerhouse rarely cheats, is a patriot to his native land, is a beast, isn’t a coward, and has not lost via pin or submission. What is there among those items that I am supposed to dislike? The nationalistic storylines can still work but the ‘foreigner’ still has to have heel tendencies and nuances."

Aside from the fact that Russia isn't his native land I agree with all of that.

Probably the fact he and his manager constantly insult America, it's people and leaders. People really like being told their country sucks and is crumbling and that they are stupid. Major babyface thing, that's just patriotism afterall. Ross is stupid.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MassRafTer posted:

Probably the fact he and his manager constantly insult America, it's people and leaders. People really like being told their country sucks and is crumbling and that they are stupid. Major babyface thing, that's just patriotism afterall. Ross is stupid.

What if you're Canadian? Why would people outside the US want to boo Rusev?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Fsmhunk posted:

What if you're Canadian? Why would people outside the US want to boo Rusev?

The British crowd seemed somewhat indifferent to Putintron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Luigi Thirty posted:

The British crowd seemed somewhat indifferent to Putintron.

To me Brits seemed to actually be warm on him, until Lana pooped on the UK. However yes, Rusev is a face and I refuse to see it any other way.

• Locked thread