Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHERE WILL DEAN AMBROSE BE IN 6 MONTHS (05/11/15)
This poll is closed.
HEEL: WWE Champion 5 1.15%
HEEL: Main Eventer (better than where he is now) 11 2.52%
HEEL: Upper midcard (where he is now) 42 9.63%
HEEL: Lower midcarder (worse than he is now) 35 8.03%
HEEL: Jobber or off TV (wayyyyy worse than he is now) 13 2.98%
FACE: WWE Champion 27 6.19%
FACE: Main Eventer (better than where he is now) 60 13.76%
FACE: Upper midcard (where he is now) 95 21.79%
FACE: Lower midcarder (worse than he is now) 43 9.86%
FACE: Jobber or off TV (wayyyyy worse than he is now) 11 2.52%
COMEDY OPTION: Injured. 94 21.56%
Total: 436 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010

I love everything about this gimmick.

Sushipants fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Nov 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
WRONG TAB poo poo

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Probably the fact he and his manager constantly insult America, it's people and leaders. People really like being told their country sucks and is crumbling and that they are stupid. Major babyface thing, that's just patriotism afterall. Ross is stupid.

I mean Lana has never said anything that wasn't true about America.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

sportsgenius86 posted:

Part of me worries that Bryan is worse off than we know and they're doing this to put Ziggler in that role.

Daniel Bryan is dead and they just haven't told us yet

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Jim Ross is apparently going to be at the table for Wrestle Kingdom 9.

https://twitter.com/JRsBBQ

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

sticklefifer posted:

I just want to say that watching people completely turn the corner on the whole "A New Day" thing just because they found out it's Kofi as well as Xavier is like a microcosm of what it's like to read about wrestling on the internet.

you're reading a live game day thread where people post live thoughts on a 3 hour show what do you expect.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Luneshot posted:

Daniel Bryan is dead and they just haven't told us yet

As long as nobody tells Bryan then it ought to be fine.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Good Listener posted:

The Big Bun-E

First he breaks up Cheap Trick, now he breaks up Adam's party :smith:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Chokes McGee posted:

First he breaks up Cheap Trick, now he breaks up Adam's party :smith:

I saw Cheap Trick in Milwaukee earlier this year? :confused:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Timby posted:

I saw Cheap Trick in Milwaukee earlier this year? :confused:

Not with Bun E. you didn't!

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Ambrose and Jericho :allears: vs. Wyatt and Kane?

I'm going to actually watch Smackdown this week just for that

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

Jim Ross is apparently going to be at the table for Wrestle Kingdom 9.

https://twitter.com/JRsBBQ

Holy poo poo, so he is. Now I have no excuse not to start watching New Japan.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Miz should just keep adding people every few weeks. Like come out with Layla dressed as him. I want him to come to the ring with a weird collection of like 6 people at some point.

I also thought the bunny would turn out to be Fandango.

Peanut President posted:

RUSEV is Russian John Cena and that makes him a bad guy because apparently it's still 1983.

He seems to be getting a ton of heel heat so it's working. The "your country sucks" gimmick has worked well for as long as I can remember.

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Cthulhu loves me, this I know, for ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!

Niwrad posted:

I also thought the bunny would turn out to be Fandango.

That... would actually make a lot of narrative sense.

Which is why it obviously won't be him.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 8 days!)

Niwrad posted:

He seems to be getting a ton of heel heat so it's working. The "your country sucks" gimmick has worked well for as long as I can remember.

Kozlov got heat by having an accent.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Koslov also had a totally out of nowhere win over Undertaker.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

DeathChicken posted:

Koslov also had a totally out of nowhere win over Undertaker.

So did Great Khali, I think WWE was just going through a phase of using Taker to try and establish new monster heels quickly.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
Anybody thinking that Rusev face/heel thing is ambiguous forgot that he cheapshotted a vet who tried to stop him from tearing down the US flag.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

triplexpac posted:

So did Great Khali, I think WWE was just going through a phase of using Taker to try and establish new monster heels quickly.
It was like almost a year into Kozlov's run after multiple wwe title matches and just losing for the first time the week before

He just beat the undertaker because really

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm really enjoying the meta-narrative of the Wyatt Family breakup. Bray keeps talking about how he fixed Luke and Erick, but since then Erick is wandering around backstage stalking a women; and Luke deciding to join the Authority, demonstrating that all he wants is another charismatic leader to guide him.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

With Luke, to be fair they've done a lot of stuff in the last year to hint that Wyatt secretly works with the Authority. Then again they've also contradicted a lot of that randomly so it feels more like they change their minds on that relationship week to week.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Fart Radio posted:

Anybody thinking that Rusev face/heel thing is ambiguous forgot that he cheapshotted a vet who tried to stop him from tearing down the US flag.

A spectator tried to get in the ring with a wrestler. Rusev had no idea if this man was a threat or not (maybe he had weapons on him who knows?) so he rightfully and justifiably kicked him in the face to neutralize a drunk and dangerous individual before things could spiral out of control.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Exactly. Anyone can buy a military uniform and wear it like a phony. Rusev had no idea if this was a trustworthy individual and his first obligation was to protect his fellow co-workers and the fans by kicking him in the face. Which is appropriate, since Rusev is a face.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'm usually the first to say that WWE heels come off as more sympathetic than the faces a lot of the time, but Rusev's clearly a heel.

Being an ultra nationalist who goes far beyond loving your country to the point where you claim that your country is the only decent one and everyplace else sucks along with everyone living there makes you an annoying rear end in a top hat. I felt that way when some American faces did it especially in the wake of 9/11 and it's no different with a foreign heel.

Granted, it's more his manager that's guilty of this, but he's shown no signs of being anything other than 100% in agreement with her.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Thauros posted:

I'm usually the first to say that WWE heels come off as more sympathetic than the faces a lot of the time, but Rusev's clearly a heel.

Being an ultra nationalist who goes far beyond loving your country to the point where you claim that your country is the only decent one and everyplace else sucks along with everyone living there makes you an annoying rear end in a top hat. I felt that way when some American faces did it especially in the wake of 9/11 and it's no different with a foreign heel.

Granted, it's more his manager that's guilty of this, but he's shown no signs of being anything other than 100% in agreement with her.

But what if they're right and Russia is the best country?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

But what if they're right and Russia is the best country?

What if your mother isn't the best mother and Rusev came into your house calling her fat and lazy and that her best days are behind her? You were just born to your mother, why should you have any unrealistic feelings towards her? This guy is just telling the truth, he's a babyface.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nobody else notice how Lana and Rusev are heels because, for all Lana poo poo talks America, all the things she poo poo talks it for is also things Russia is guilty of and makes them insanely hypocritical? No? okay sure whatevs

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Alouicious posted:

Nobody else notice how Lana and Rusev are heels because, for all Lana poo poo talks America, all the things she poo poo talks it for is also things Russia is guilty of and makes them insanely hypocritical? No? okay sure whatevs

When I basically said this a few weeks ago the only response was "LALALA DOESN'T COUNT" so good luck with that argument.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Like I get it, I WANT Rusev to be a face because he's a fuckin awesome wrestler who deserves to be cheered but come on, him and his managers are out-and-out heels.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
How can Rusev be a heel when he isn't a complete chicken who runs from every single confrontation?? Check-and-mate.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

triplexpac posted:

How can Rusev be a heel when he isn't a complete chicken who runs from every single confrontation?? Check-and-mate.

He could be in a black suit and talking very slowly!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

triplexpac posted:

It'll be cool when a year from now everyone in the Rusev is really a babyface camp complains there are no strong heels and they are all chickenshits who run from fights. (Rusev does occasionally back down from fights too, which is part of the reason he isn't a person to be cheered.)

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i thought it was funny a few weeks ago where big show came out and mark henry tried to run away but big show stopped him so mark henry beat his rear end. like why even bother show him running away.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Niwrad posted:

Miz should just keep adding people every few weeks. Like come out with Layla dressed as him. I want him to come to the ring with a weird collection of like 6 people at some point.

Miz's gimmick would actually be far more appropriate for a huge weird entourage than Adam Rose.

That, and MNM's old paparazzi red carpet entrance.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

sticklefifer posted:

Miz's gimmick would actually be far more appropriate for a huge weird entourage than Adam Rose.

That, and MNM's old paparazzi red carpet entrance.

Only if Hornswaggle does the splits to enter the ring.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

What if your mother isn't the best mother and Rusev came into your house calling her fat and lazy and that her best days are behind her? You were just born to your mother, why should you have any unrealistic feelings towards her? This guy is just telling the truth, he's a babyface.

Rusev has insulted absolutely no one. Lana, yes. Rusev just gets very angry and arglebargles when people keep punching him.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

MassRafTer posted:

If my mother was a terrible mother I'd feel that Rusev was right and thank him for motivating me by making me realize that I am not a product of my birth but my own experiences and can thus rise above my terrible upbringing. Thank you, Rusev.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
We have no way of knowing how much English that Rusev speaks. He probably has no idea what Lana is saying and just repeats the English words she tells him to speak. Rusev is actually the victim here, being manipulated into talking trash about the USA.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Like, I guess they're going for a Mr. Fuji and Yokozuna thing here, but Yoko was a meanspirited dickhead who kept hospitalizing people just because he could, on top of Fuji's "Haha, America sucks" stuff. Rusev doesn't really even do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Rusev is a heel because he's booked as a heel against faces and people boo him.

• Locked thread