Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHERE WILL DEAN AMBROSE BE IN 6 MONTHS (05/11/15)
This poll is closed.
HEEL: WWE Champion 5 1.15%
HEEL: Main Eventer (better than where he is now) 11 2.52%
HEEL: Upper midcard (where he is now) 42 9.63%
HEEL: Lower midcarder (worse than he is now) 35 8.03%
HEEL: Jobber or off TV (wayyyyy worse than he is now) 13 2.98%
FACE: WWE Champion 27 6.19%
FACE: Main Eventer (better than where he is now) 60 13.76%
FACE: Upper midcard (where he is now) 95 21.79%
FACE: Lower midcarder (worse than he is now) 43 9.86%
FACE: Jobber or off TV (wayyyyy worse than he is now) 11 2.52%
COMEDY OPTION: Injured. 94 21.56%
Total: 436 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Russev is gonna own when he turns heel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sir Jebus posted:

Rusev is a heel because he's booked as a heel against faces and people boo him.

So is Cena.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Cena is a face because he's booked as a heel against heels and people boo him. Wait what

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

this whole conversation is dumb and I don't know why it keeps coming up

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Rusev is just a big dumb guy being manipulated by a heel manager into hating the US and calling people anuses.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Rusev, Lana and Putin are all cool

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
You know, I wish I could have been there when whoever it was pitched "Grumpy Cat Hosts Raw" to Vince.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
It's a critter who hates everything on Earth and eats nothing but the same disgusting meat every single day - you'll get along fabulously!

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Cena is booked against heels and is (supposed to be) cheered so he is a face.

Cardboard Box posted:

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.

Good Listener posted:

Speaking of faces and heels, I assume the Exotic Express is really awkward now, Where there was bunnies and lollipops and hard iced tea, now there is just Adam Rose angrily doing much harder things. The cheeseburger watching in mute horror as he readies the needle and moves it closer to his veins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1PBN6YiCV0

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

because people want to be SO MUCH SMARTER than the wwe writers + live audience and also like to get sick owns in on America (more like assmerica am i right)

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

What the gently caress are they doing with The Bunny? I'd assume it leads to an unmasking/face turn, but is it still Sami?

Because that'd be awful. Not to mention bizarre.
Was it ever Sami? Its been Justin Gabriel for weeks or months now im not really sure how long this angle has been going

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I think the bunny being Sami Zayn was like a joke Bryan Alvarez made or something and then newz sites started reporting it

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Alouicious posted:

Nobody else notice how Lana and Rusev are heels because, for all Lana poo poo talks America, all the things she poo poo talks it for is also things Russia is guilty of and makes them insanely hypocritical? No? okay sure whatevs

LIES! Russia is a grand and glorious place where people of all races, creeds and sexual proclivity dance and sing under the protective embrace of Papa Sta- er I mean Putin. Everyone has tons of money, in the best of health and oh so happy! No education like Russian Education.

I like taking the piss out of any country really, love the old school Soviet heel vibe and, most importantly, love in ring Rusev and Lana. The hypocritical part is just more icing of hilarity to the overall beefcake.

I wish someone would at least wonder aloud whether they should ask Ambrose to join their team. Don't even have to really ask though it would be nice if they did and he blew them off.

Also someone mentioned a wrestler getting beaten not long ago. Who the hell is Cesaro? Is that some weird spelling of Cena?

edit:

Endorph posted:

(more like assmerica am i right)

rite

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That DICK! posted:

"Austin, you're banned from ringside, if you show up tonight you'll be ARRESTED!"
Austin shows up with a beer truck and murders fools
"John Cena, you're banned from ringside, if y--"
"OK"

"John the match is over you can come save your friend now."
"Nah I'm good."

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

oatgan posted:

Was it ever Sami? Its been Justin Gabriel for weeks or months now im not really sure how long this angle has been going

The bunny's pretty clearly been several different people. It doesn't really matter who's in the suit as much as who unmasks in it.

It's Dean Malenko.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Jerusalem posted:

"John the match is over you can come save your friend now."
"Nah I'm good."

John wants a team of people who can help themselves, not a bunch of sissies who need him to bail them out constantly!

Also to join Team Cena they need to sign this piece of paper saying they will not go after his precious money or house.

(Cena is my hero)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The bunny has definitely been Sami a few times. I could tell by how he jumped over the ropes.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

That party is no longer there of its own volition :ohdear:

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Wait is Renee even with the crew in the UK?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I actually kinda like this angle, as it's by far the most interesting thing Adam Rose has done since debuting.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Good Listener posted:

That party is no longer there of its own volition :ohdear:

The candy's wearing off, through the haze they see that the rose is nothing but thorns

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Blasmeister posted:

I actually kinda like this angle, as it's by far the most interesting thing Adam Rose has done since debuting.

You don't find a man wandering around telling people to not be a lemon interesting??

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Adam Rose is gonna unmask the Bunny as Justin Gabriel, revert back to Leo Kruger and reform the Truth Commission

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010
I wish they would have had BNB make a formal announcement about the UK not getting the network last night. His whole gimmick is "haha, gently caress YOU" anyway and the heat from that crowd would have been unrivaled.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Sushipants posted:

I wish they would have had BNB make a formal announcement about the UK not getting the network last night. His whole gimmick is "haha, gently caress YOU" anyway and the heat from that crowd would have been unrivaled.

Isn't he still injured? He might hurt himself worse from laughing too hard

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
It's his shoulder that's dodgy, what if he can't bang his gavel anymore? :ohdear:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Since I have zero investment in Survivor Series, I'm having my usual crew of guys from work who watch PPVs with me over this weekend to watch an Attitude Era PPV instead, since less than half of the people attending (3/8) watched wrestling in the 90s.

I'm trying to come up with a real good PPV to show, and Wrestlemania 17 is obvious, but I feel like it might be too good for a first exposure to the greatest days of wrestling. I've also considered like, Summerslam 2000 and Armageddon 99 and stuff, but it feels like every other PPV doesn't hit all the notes I want it to.

Wrestlemania 17 is just too loving good is the drat problem.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Cabbit posted:

Thought this was pretty cool: Punk's writing for Marvel. Dunno what experiences he'll draw from to write about over-muscled folk locked in eternal, unrealistic conflict but I guess he'll muddle through.

I've already seen a comic writer get all pissy and call Punk a hypocrite because he's using his celebrity status to get a spot that should be going to a full-time writer.

Rusev is seen as a face despite being a heel for the same reason the mass murderers from Devil's Rejects come off looking sympathetic and likeable during the last 20 minutes.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Sockser posted:

Since I have zero investment in Survivor Series, I'm having my usual crew of guys from work who watch PPVs with me over this weekend to watch an Attitude Era PPV instead, since less than half of the people attending (3/8) watched wrestling in the 90s.

I'm trying to come up with a real good PPV to show, and Wrestlemania 17 is obvious, but I feel like it might be too good for a first exposure to the greatest days of wrestling. I've also considered like, Summerslam 2000 and Armageddon 99 and stuff, but it feels like every other PPV doesn't hit all the notes I want it to.

Royal Rumble 2000 is a good choice

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010
Yeah, it seems kind of similar to that whole thing where big movie stars would come in and take main-event spots at Wrestlemania away from the guys who've been working for years in that industry, purely on the strength of their celebrity status. Y'know that thing that Punk was upset about.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Sockser posted:

Set the bar low, start at Wrestlemania 15

Edit: Real answer, Backlash 98

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Cardboard Box posted:

Royal Rumble 2000 is a good choice

At the same time, sitting through an entire Rumble match feels kinda goofy. I thought about Rumble 2000 but then I'd have to find something else to fill in for the Rumble match.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Blasmeister posted:

Same here. The Exotic Express slowly turning into Jonestown where leaving isn't an option and all his entourage are forced to pretend everything is hunky-dory would own. It would be better if it was Bray Wyatt instead but I'm actually interested to see where this goes.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

Same here. The Exotic Express slowly turning into Jonestown where leaving isn't an option and all his entourage are forced to pretend everything is hunky-dory would own. It would be better if it was Bray Wyatt instead but I'm actually interested to see where this goes.

It's one of those angles that has a lot of potential but it will go nowhere and we probably won't ever get a reveal of who the Bunny is anyway.

Maybe I'll be wrong, but we'll see!

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The bunny should go bad and call itself Peter Rottentail.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Rusev owns but I loving hate reading conversations about him. Even if you're not American he is clearly a heel you dorks. And yes, JR is a dork for feeding into this ridiculously dumb conversation.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
the bunny's suit gradually decays, falling off and brazenly showing off more of a human body as time goes on until finally only the head remains on a naked body...

and when they take off the mask

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I love Rusev a lot but he is definitely a heel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

HulkaMatt posted:

7. Tyson Kidd defeated Adam Rose. Great reaction from the UK for Rose. Highlights showed Rose knocking out The Bunny. Erick Rowan came to ringside during the match. The Bunny distracted Rose, allowing Kidd put Rose in the Sharpshooter for the submission victory. Rose attacked The Bunny again...

Am I understanding this? Adam Rose's undefeated streak ends on fuckery to put over a nobody on a free show?

• Locked thread