Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I've been having a good time playing Risen and want more. I've heard the sequels aren't as good, is it just a story & writing problem or did they mess with the gameplay as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

very

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Risen was good because it felt so much like Gothic, the sequels feel nothing like that and have stupid Pirates of the Caribbean poo poo crowbarred in for some reason

Dec 26, 2012

2 is real bad, mostly its the gameplay but the writing is also worse

3 is what 2 should have been but its not very gothicy, gameplay and writing are definitely better

the pirate thing wasnt a terrible idea but idk why they went that direction from a game that didnt have gently caress all to do with pirates outside of like one quest

GewuerzKahn
Jan 7, 2014

My opposable nipples are hurting me.
People are always complaining about the clunky combat. They are right and gay.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i dont know anything about risen 3 but it sure as poo poo isnt worth a cent over 10 bucks

risen 2 was really loving bad

risen 1 owns because you just get to explore and smoke weed and do whatever. it gets really bad towards the end though, when the game forces you to wear a specific set of armor, weapon and shield to take on the final boss rendering all of your other choices in the game pointless

Dec 26, 2012

everything in chapters 3 and 4 in risen is not really worth playing because its just shitloads of lizardmen forever

just play gothic 1+2 tbh. or play them again if you already have, theyre very replayable

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

01011001 posted:

everything in chapters 3 and 4 in risen is not really worth playing because its just shitloads of lizardmen forever

just play gothic 1+2 tbh. or play them again if you already have, theyre very replayable

this is the best thing to do. Struggling with the controls is part of the fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

its a struggle at first but then after re/playing it awhile when i play any other game i keep reflectively pressing action+forward to do anything and wonder why the game thinks im retarded

• Locked thread