Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

my dad found the holiday hare 94 version on a shovelware cd and installed it for me. when i played it for the first time and this green rambo rabbit jumped on screen, with groovy soundblaster beat on speakers, i knew this is going to be my favourite game. later we found that the same cd hosts the 95 version too, i liked that one more, even if it had that hard as balls legoland level. but still the music, the attitude, those great 3d bonus levels and wholesome carnage was enough for my 8 year self.

demo of the sequel was on the cover cd of magazine we had subscription for; it was great too.

nowadays i listen more to the soundtracks from the games (thank you whichever game music bundle was that) than playing them proper, because they're kind of bullshit regarding the level design. jj1 gets really hard really fast (tubelectric is the first waking call, and later it gets worse), and there are only couple of good ones in the sequel, along with a lot clipping problems and overall rushed feeling. i still love them to death, have the original one cd-version boxed and the secret files.

of course we assume that gameboy advance thing never happened, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

just listen to the music, then, and enjoy the memories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvI9ww_5gPY

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

i actually kind of agree, there was way too much enemies in the first game and the second ones level design was pretty lackluster in places and had bad collision detection

Seshoho Cian posted:

There was very little jazz in this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5eb_qUg5rY

• Locked thread