Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

EccoRaven posted:

I restated the Ernie case last page. I defended it this page.

I said in three posts that Ernie has more votes.

You're being silly.

Gee I find your arguments so convincing when you keep calling me names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Gee I find your arguments so convincing when you keep calling me names.

Post less like someone who wasn't paying attention, then? It's really easy.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

merk posted:

What are you doing?

Who would switch to Hurt? This poo poo is unhelpful.

I don't like the holier-than-thou attitude Ecco is taking with the discussion. The fact that part of Ecco's argument on why Ernie not Ixt was

EccoRaven posted:

Nah I'm ignoring Ixt because I don't find the case that persuasive, and I like my feeling on Ernie, and Ernie is in the lead, so, I have no reason to sabotage it.

I totally understand not feeling the case on Ixt. I don't really feel like it holds water as well. But saying that Ernie is in the lead when he had all of 4 votes when it takes 12 to actually lynch was pretty dumb to cling to. Aside from that Ecco has just been a dick all day and I'm just tired of it.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

EccoRaven posted:

Post less like someone who wasn't paying attention, then? It's really easy.

God forbid someone have a different opinion to you.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Dr. Hurt posted:

Ixt thoughts:

This is the only thing pinging my scumdar right now about Ixt's posts. "this guy is scum, okay see ya!" He never ends up explaining why. I guess you could say throughout his posts he's just dropping reads to make it seem like he's dropping reads and not actually giving any explanation.

I don't think his side chatting is scummy, especially this early in the game. There was nothing wrong with vodkachat or Opop chat. Although him getting mad at Ernie for saying that he was scummy seems like he is on a hair trigger. But I do remember him getting easily frustrated. I'm not really seeing him being scum.

Somber on a side note I'm so bummed that you had to drop your Terrordon PR because you have no access to a laptop.

I'd agree his side chatting is no problem but there is definitely legitimate grounds to criticise his supposed game-related posts, I'll not rehash what's already been said by others but his recent responses have been really unimpressive as well:

Ixtlilton posted:

To lynch town D1, sure.
variants on "I'm town" are the most worthless defences to make, you might as well say nothing if you don't argue why, or even better make genuine reads and cases and let your work speak for itself, but he didn't he felt the need to post something worthless instead, which is pretty much how I feel about this next one too:

Ixtlilton posted:

Also Meinberg's latest post reads like my writing in highschool: way too many commas. Opop is a good person too, although terrible he is a man who does things and therefore cannot be lynched. I'd vote Punti just based his "I'd vote" post and his reasoning for the other guy.
He talks about meinberg's comma usage, why? Is he trying to outdo hal's "I found the use of italics suspicious" argument as most facile reasoning employed in mafia ever? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say no but then it means he's just noticed meinberg posted before him and wanted people to think he was paying attention by commenting on it. Next, now we all like opop, he's a cool guy but that's all this read is saying; it relies on nothing game-related and uses no analysis or reasoning to argue against lynching him. Finally he finishes with an OMGUS, where he doesn't even follow through and vote me, but he doesn't bother justifying what he thinks is wrong with my reasoning about voting hiipfire. ##vote Ixt

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Dr. Hurt posted:

Aside from that Ecco has just been a dick all day and I'm just tired of it.
:( I'm sorry Hurt, I never realized you were an eight-year old.

Ok I promise I'll be nicer from here on out!

I think people should vote for Ernie because I think his posting has been a little scummy. I think he's trying to game the game in the scum's favor, either by giving him an excuse for not posting well ("I don't want to be nightkilled!"), or (deviously) getting town players to post less townie making it harder for us to vote properly.

It's not a 100% solid case, it's maybe a B- Day 1 case, and honestly I'm willing to table it to later (especially if Meinberg actually does get an extra daykill).

The Ixt case to me is like a C+ Day 1 case. It's mostly based around Ixt making a few posts that seem weird, which, they were, but they're not so bad it's damning. I preferred the Ernie case to the Ixt case.

The Ecco case is one part "Ecco is trying to manipulate the game!", which someone might view as silly, but I'm nice now so I'm just saying fiery_valkyrie needs to reread the game because she seemed mistaken about the order of events. Then there's Asiina who voted for me from seemingly being on the "Ernie" side of the Debate. And Ernie's case is kinda scattered, I honestly don't 100% understand it but if people want me to respond to it I can.

And that's about it for cases right now in my view! Hurt did something with Motley that is a total shot in the dark, someone else wants us to vote for HiipFire for being mean... idk. It's a normal day 1.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I like the Ixt case is better than the Ernie case. I think Punt's case is good.

##vote Ixt

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Okay, but try this case:

Opop is scum.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I am literally blown away*

*not really

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I am literally blown away*

*not really

Okay, how about this:

Opop is 100% scum!

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Well boy howdy sir you have me convinced

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dr. Hurt posted:

This is the only thing pinging my scumdar right now about Ixt's posts.

I guarantee to you that Dr. Hurt is scum based on this sentence.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I've been convinced of myself before, but this might be the most convinced I've been of myself on a day 1 case in many a month.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

I guarantee to you that Dr. Hurt is scum based on this sentence.

For those that don't get it, the scum mind set here is (and I did this myself and recently took it out of my game once I realized it): I really should look like I have something to say about the current majority lynch candidate. What can I say that is completely unhelpful but looks helpful?

Combine that with him willingly diving into an argument with Ecco that does not do even the slightest poo poo towards finding us scum and you have yourself an amazing d1 case - a d1 case that you should vote behind.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I AM SO RIGHT HERE

PLEASE

PLEASE GOONS

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hurt is diving into this Ecco discussion and has not even voted anyone or explained to us who he thinks is scum. He is playing like a Survivor.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Puntification posted:

I'd agree his side chatting is no problem but there is definitely legitimate grounds to criticise his supposed game-related posts, I'll not rehash what's already been said by others but his recent responses have been really unimpressive as well:

variants on "I'm town" are the most worthless defences to make, you might as well say nothing if you don't argue why, or even better make genuine reads and cases and let your work speak for itself, but he didn't he felt the need to post something worthless instead, which is pretty much how I feel about this next one too:

He talks about meinberg's comma usage, why? Is he trying to outdo hal's "I found the use of italics suspicious" argument as most facile reasoning employed in mafia ever? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say no but then it means he's just noticed meinberg posted before him and wanted people to think he was paying attention by commenting on it. Next, now we all like opop, he's a cool guy but that's all this read is saying; it relies on nothing game-related and uses no analysis or reasoning to argue against lynching him. Finally he finishes with an OMGUS, where he doesn't even follow through and vote me, but he doesn't bother justifying what he thinks is wrong with my reasoning about voting hiipfire. ##vote Ixt

I talked about Meinberg's comma useage because it was atrocious, did you read his sentence? It's not even a game thing it's a written English thing. Also, it's not a game unless f_v and I think each other are scum, so it's good to see we have a game going here. And in case you don't know my meta at all, my meta is that I don't vote until really late. And I'm not going to justify disagreeing with your read on a guy with like a paragraph written in this game.

Deadline's in two hours, right?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Eh, ok.

##vote hurt

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

merk posted:

For those that don't get it, the scum mind set here is (and I did this myself and recently took it out of my game once I realized it): I really should look like I have something to say about the current majority lynch candidate. What can I say that is completely unhelpful but looks helpful?

Combine that with him willingly diving into an argument with Ecco that does not do even the slightest poo poo towards finding us scum and you have yourself an amazing d1 case - a d1 case that you should vote behind.

Context helps when looking at the posts.

Somberbrero posted:

Alright, but Ixt also has very little content but that very little content is scummy.

Somber said look at Ixt in response to my push Motley since he had two posts. I did and only found him a little bit sketchy, and didn't think that was strong enough for Somber's push.

merk posted:

Hurt is diving into this Ecco discussion and has not even voted anyone or explained to us who he thinks is scum. He is playing like a Survivor.

I actually have voted so you are actually just making things up Merk.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Dr. Hurt posted:

I actually have voted so you are actually just making things up Merk.

Yeah, you'd think Pig would be on Motley at this point.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

One would assume. No way for us to know since he is a quiet ghost.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Ixtlilton posted:

I talked about Meinberg's comma useage because it was atrocious, did you read his sentence? It's not even a game thing it's a written English thing. Also, it's not a game unless f_v and I think each other are scum, so it's good to see we have a game going here. And in case you don't know my meta at all, my meta is that I don't vote until really late. And I'm not going to justify disagreeing with your read on a guy with like a paragraph written in this game.

Deadline's in two hours, right?

Yes.

The thing is though of you don't bother explaining the problem you have with my read then how can I or anyone else judge whether the complaint's genuine or not? I didn't like him making GBS threads on activity in the thread without doing anything himself and his last post seemed like a promise of effort in the future as a substitution for doing anything, these are both things I've seen scum do and I think it's fair to call it out and vote someone based on this, if you are gonna say my reasoning is worth voting for me over the onus is on you to argue this isn't true and let the arguments be judged on their merits but you didn't bother so it just looks like a lazy OMGUS sans vote.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
*if not of

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Puntification posted:

Yes.

The thing is though of you don't bother explaining the problem you have with my read then how can I or anyone else judge whether the complaint's genuine or not? I didn't like him making GBS threads on activity in the thread without doing anything himself and his last post seemed like a promise of effort in the future as a substitution for doing anything, these are both things I've seen scum do and I think it's fair to call it out and vote someone based on this, if you are gonna say my reasoning is worth voting for me over the onus is on you to argue this isn't true and let the arguments be judged on their merits but you didn't bother so it just looks like a lazy OMGUS sans vote.

The activity was witchhunting that ended in a D1 dayvig ending as D1 dayvigs tend to. He hasn't posted anything since then though, but same with like half the thread. Including the octopus dude who had a weird jokevote fight with a dude and I thought they were scum together until I realized the scum don't know each other.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Going to bed.

##vote Ixt

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Man, I'll vote Ixt, but I am certain of Hurt.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Actually, f_v, are you scum? Now that I think about it you've said before that you don't think I have it in me for a long scum game, but you're voting on D1 here and there's going to either be a lazy bandwagon or a no-lynch coming up.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

Actually, f_v, are you scum? Now that I think about it you've said before that you don't think I have it in me for a long scum game, but you're voting on D1 here and there's going to either be a lazy bandwagon or a no-lynch coming up.

Huh?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I'd find the quote if I weren't lazy, but you've totally said that as a justification to not vote me D1 before.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

The activity was witchhunting that ended in a D1 dayvig ending as D1 dayvigs tend to. He hasn't posted anything since then though, but same with like half the thread. Including the octopus dude who had a weird jokevote fight with a dude and I thought they were scum together until I realized the scum don't know each other.

So, do you think anyone you talked about here is scum? You don't seem to have given any actual opinions.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

I'd find the quote if I weren't lazy, but you've totally said that as a justification to not vote me D1 before.

Dude you have an elephant memory. I have no memory of saying anything like that (not that I doubt you, I just wouldn't remember if I had)

I'm not sure why voting you today makes me scum.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Nope, I have no solid opinions. And guess what? That doesn't matter in this game, the scum don't know each other.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Dude you have an elephant memory. I have no memory of saying anything like that (not that I doubt you, I just wouldn't remember if I had)

I'm not sure why voting you today makes me scum.

Because you said that before and so if you're scum then even if I am scum you get to look like you had super good thoughts without losing a strong ally, and if I'm town then good following that reasoning.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

So aside from Fier and Ixt who is actually here?? Because barring some kind of miracle there's no way we're making it to those 12 votes.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Wait, I do have one solid opinion, that dude I said was town in my first game post is town.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Ixtlilton posted:

It was before the vig, discussing how players play, even though it was in the context of this guy is an arse, is potentially as much informative meta as it is "drama" - if you have the time to post "no one cares", you are clearly paying enough attention to think we could be discussing something you think is useful and could say as much rather than just shut up. You realise that I'm the guy who had the jokevote exchange with EXAKT (the octopus dude) right?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Dr. Hurt posted:

So aside from Fier and Ixt who is actually here?? Because barring some kind of miracle there's no way we're making it to those 12 votes.

And I'm going before deadline because I have a meeting.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Puntification posted:

It was before the vig, discussing how players play, even though it was in the context of this guy is an arse, is potentially as much informative meta as it is "drama" - if you have the time to post "no one cares", you are clearly paying enough attention to think we could be discussing something you think is useful and could say as much rather than just shut up. You realise that I'm the guy who had the jokevote exchange with EXAKT (the octopus dude) right?

Nope, I didn't remember that.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

And I was supposed to call my grandpa tonight and I should've done it when I posted here first but now it's kinda late so I'll have to do it tomorrow since we're on how much better my long-term memory is than my short-term memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Ixtlilton (4): merk, Somberbrero, Ernie., Ernie., merk, Puntification, fiery_valkyrie, EccoRaven
Ernie. (2): EccoRaven, The Science of Suck, fiery_valkyrie, bowmore, fiery_valkyrie, EccoRaven
Puntification (2): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, AtrociousToaster, AtrociousToaster, Opopanax
EccoRaven (2): Asiina, Ernie., fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie
Meinberg (2): Tremendous Taste, AtrociousToaster
HiipFire (1): Puntification, Dugong, Puntification
Dr. Hurt (1): merk, EccoRaven, EccoRaven
Poison Mushroom (1): AtrociousToaster, Poison Mushroom, AtrociousToaster
Motley (1): Dr. Hurt
Opopanax (1): Mad Rancher
Somberbrero (0): Puntification, Puntification, The Science of Suck, The Science of Suck
EXAKT Science (0): Puntification, Poison Mushroom, Puntification, Poison Mushroom
AtrociousToaster (0): Puntification, Puntification

Not Voting (5): HiipFire, Ixtlilton, Meinberg, Monathin, Motley

With 22 alive, it's 12 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 17th, 2014 at midnight EST -- that's in about 55 minutes.

• Locked thread