Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hello, Exakt. What are your thoughts on this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
traveling for the holiday, will play when i can

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Can we just make something happen right now?

##vote the science of suck

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote suck

ok

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
##vote sos

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I really don't like this.

This could very well be LYLO.

What are you guys doing?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
With 12 people alive?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

I really don't like this.

This could very well be LYLO.

What are you guys doing?

Somewhere between two and zero players could have changed alignment. It doesn't seem like there's a standard scum team in play. I'm at a loss as to how to make meaningful choices in this situation.

Science was one of the Challenge 7, at least.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Hey Somber. I do have some thoughts on this game. In no particular order:

f_v reads as the towniest player to me. The meltdown they had about the inactivity of other players read as genuine, and they're putting in effort to earnestly scumhunt.

merk I'm not entirely sure about. I haven't played with him at all, and I can't really read him. I'm leaning possible 3p, but again, I can't really read him.

Ixt, Asiina and Monathin read scummy to me

SoS also seems scummy. He's done basically no scumhunting of his own, and most of his posts are low- to no-content one liners. Also, he was on the volcano team and we haven't found anyone else on that team who had a reason to sabotage, so might as well ##vote Science of Suck

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
It's weird you mention merk at all in that post.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Somberbrero posted:

It's weird you mention merk at all in that post.

I tried to give reads on the people who were posting in the last few pages, because that's most of what I read to make those reads :shrug:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hey Exakt what is your role?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Somberbrero posted:

Hey Exakt what is your role?

Busdriver

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Are we just lynching whoever is clearly going to be inactive? Day before Thanksgiving of all days?

I mean, I'll do it, but I won't like it.

##vote The Science of Suck

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Huh.

Targets and results?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Monathin posted:

Are we just lynching whoever is clearly going to be inactive? Day before Thanksgiving of all days?

I mean, I'll do it, but I won't like it.

##vote The Science of Suck

My preference is Opop and then you, will you vote either of those?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'd do ixt or monathin. I don't feel too strongly about any alternatives right now.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Anyone else getting weirded out by Exakt?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Somberbrero posted:

Huh.

Targets and results?

I'm two-shot. I've used one so far, on night two. Targetted you and Ecco. Did anything happen to you that night?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Nothing has happened to me this game. Weaker monsters often find Terrordon 2000's radical attitude intimidating.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

fiery_valkyrie posted:

My preference is Opop and then you, will you vote either of those?

Didn't Opop claim Jailer? Though I guess in the interests of self-preservation I'll stick with SoS or Opop.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Somberbrero posted:

Anyone else getting weirded out by Exakt?

What can I say, I'm a weird monster. Also, I have three heads. That'd weird anybody out.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EXAKT Science posted:

What can I say, I'm a weird monster. Also, I have three heads. That'd weird anybody out.

You claimed your role without your results. You made a point to mention merk when you had nothing to say about him. You showed up to comment on the Terrordon flavor but didn't try to contribute to the game until prompted.

If I had any confidence in what I was doing at all this game, I'd say you were scum.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Monathin posted:

Didn't Opop claim Jailer? Though I guess in the interests of self-preservation I'll stick with SoS or Opop.

His claiming jailer means nothing. He could have that role as scum. He could be lying about jailing Asiina.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

fiery_valkyrie posted:

His claiming jailer means nothing. He could have that role as scum. He could be lying about jailing Asiina.

Hey, did you claim?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

Hey, did you claim?

VT.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

fiery_valkyrie posted:

That's true, I suppose, but I feel like Opop is earnest, that's what my read tells me. I think SoS has been kind of hanging around on the fringes and not really contributing much and, while lynching someone who's being pulled away from the game due to Thanksgiving makes me feel bad, I think he's probably the shadiest-seeming of the three of us, strictly speaking.

Also, since Somber is asking for claims, I'll state I'm a 2-Shot Roleblocker. I used my first on Asiina (probably not the wisest move ever), and still have one more.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Asiina - vt
bowmore - unclaimed
Dugong - unclaimed
EXAKT Science - Busser, swapped Ecco and I to no effect.
fiery_valkyrie - VT.
HiipFire - unclaimed
Ixtlilton - VT
merk - VT
Monathin - Roleblocker, blocked Asiina night one.
Opopanax - Jailor, jailed Asiina night three.
Somberbrero - VT
The Science of Suck - unclaimed

Hope I got all that right.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I blocked Asiina Night 2, after we lynched JJ instead at the last second. Should've specified, but otherwise correct.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am now reasonably convinced that at least one of Monathin or Opop are scum. There's no way all those roles are both real and town, X-shot or not.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Don't think I've ever seen a town Roleblocker

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

And what's your claim then, bowmore?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to go on record and say full claims are stupid as poo poo especially in a game where the scum don't know who the other scum are

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Monathin posted:

And what's your claim then, bowmore?
interesting engagement strategy, how's it working out for you?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

bowmore posted:

interesting engagement strategy, how's it working out for you?

Funny you say that when you're refusing to claim, but I think it's going alright.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

bowmore posted:

I'm going to go on record and say full claims are stupid as poo poo especially in a game where the scum don't know who the other scum are

hey guys he's right you know

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

bowmore posted:

How about going on the record with who you think is scum?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

I am now reasonably convinced that at least one of Monathin or Opop are scum. There's no way all those roles are both real and town, X-shot or not.

Opop was also in the group that went to the volcano.

##vote opop

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

How about going on the record with who you think is scum?
Monathin right now

bad claim mixed with angsty teen engagement clinches it for me

so....##vote Monathin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Your story stinks, bowmore. Between you barely having poked your head in to vote until today despite saying you'd have the free time to play and the fact that you've barely even attempted to case anyone on your own, plus not wanting to claim when most people already have.

##vote bowmore

• Locked thread