Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
We should. Deadline is in like eight hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I guess we can vote merk but I don't think he'll flip scum. tsos still sounds good.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I still think one of Monathin or Ixt is the right choice.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Remember that today is Majority, so we need seven votes, plus there are probably at least a few people who can't post due to travel or whatever.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Somberbrero posted:

Obviously he's lying, but why make such an obvious lie?

I'm delirious on cold medicine right now but it doesn't make any sense.

Or, if he feels like I do, he's frustrated by the game and just wants it to end.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I still think we should vote Opop.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I still think we should vote Opop.

Strong pass.

###vote Ixtlilton I'm just gonna see what happens with this.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
##vote Ixt

If four more people switch, then we can smash Ixt today. He's probably the most likely path to avoid a no-smash.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Question, given that its friday and the day after a holiday (for some)

would you, the players, like an extension on the deadline?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

No.
##vote ixt

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Still happy with merk vote

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote ixt

Setups where scum don't know each other are boring setups. We can't do anything with flips.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I became the hero of winter driving for this. Hopefully you all had a lovely Thanksgiving if you're an Amerigoon, because I did.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

##vote ixt

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

Strong pass.

###vote Ixtlilton I'm just gonna see what happens with this.

Why strong? Yesterday you were on the fence.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
##vote ixt :redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Good riddance, Ixtlilton!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Ixtlilton
November 17, 20XX Olympia, Kanga Rat Society
Memo from William Kidd, Head of Amalgamated Meatjuice Inc. to Stockholders

Gentlemen,

There comes a time in an industry when something happens that changes the very nature, the very fate of a company for the better. Think about when King Pepsi the VI finally slayed Baron von Spritestein in the great duel or when Yamaha realized The-Dream made a song about comparing a woman's rear end to their bikes and mandated all bikes would play it at start up. Groundbreaking things.

This, I say, is our moment.

The brilliant scientists down in our research division have sent me satellite photos of the supposed "Monster Island." Why I dare say it should be called "Meatjuice Paradise Island" if we should have anything to say about it. Imagine if you will the pictures I have on my desk right now. They are glorious. Giant hogs the size of skyscrapers and, most recently, a cow bigger than even the largest of our yachts. The island is even cooking them to the precise, most delicious temperature for our enjoyment as I speak!

This is the time we need to strike, when we can finally get the advantage over those clods in Meat Futures Enterprises. We send a strike crew and some giant trawlers - grab us enough ribs, ground beef and steaks that we can bring and... I will just say I smell the future and it is MEATY.

I have attached the following mission plan. Please look over it and be prepared to talk about it at the next board meeting.

-William

Ixtlilton (Moothera, The Battle Bovine) Vanilla planet aligned Monster was smashed D4!

It is now night 4, please give me your actions.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Game is hard.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

Game is hard.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
A lot of that was my fault.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

Game is hard.

Game is impossible. There is literally nothing to go on.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I honestly feel like the scum must know each other by now. There must have been some sort of breadcrumb they've given that we can't pick up on. I would be extremely surprised if they were still totally in the dark.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Game is impossible. There is literally nothing to go on.
merk is a liar

That's all I got

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

I honestly feel like the scum must know each other by now. There must have been some sort of breadcrumb they've given that we can't pick up on. I would be extremely surprised if they were still totally in the dark.

Here is my (far fetched) theory, that I only mention for bragging rights if I'm correct: there are no scum, there never were. There is 1 more SK.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

bowmore posted:

merk is a liar

That's all I got

Counterpoint: lawyer

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
A Faded Planet, Floating in the Cold Grasp of Space

It's a wonderful solar system - eight planets, pieces of debris, a few broken mechanical objects (some as large as the moons they are in orbit with). It was once a promising zone with the possibility for great things. It could have even reached enlightenment given a couple more years and a few revolutions.

One planet in particular had great potential - a small orb that use to be filled with blue-green color. Now it's just grey, quiet and calm. Its inhabitants are long gone - either consumed, stomped or destroyed. The things that did this are long gone. Some may have died in the fighting after the fact. Others probably escaped back to their dimension. Nobody knows really.

But let's zoom in on a single island of this small rock. Nobody knows or cares about this now, but it was the very beginning of the planet's terrible destruction. If an ancient traveler wandered on this island they would see thousand of battle scars.

The skeleton of a giant woman.
The remains of three very similar dinosaurs - one older, one hip and with it, and one robotic.
The shell of a humongous crab.
The carapace of a giant moth.

But there are more planets, more things to discover, why focus on this nonimportant hunk of rock when there's a whole universe to explore? I know a station down on Elkin IV where the spacedrinks will blow your mind!

HiipFire (Gargantu-Anne, The 49-ft Tall Woman) 2-shot Planet-Aligned Bulletproof Giant Woman
merk (Terrordon, The Original Giant Dino) Vanilla Planet-Aligned Dinosaur
Asiina (MechaTerrordon, Terrordon but a Robot) Vanilla Planet-Aligned Robot Dinosaur
Somberbrero (Terrordon 2000, Terrordon but American) Vanilla Planet-Aligned Dinosaur
fiery_valkyrie (Red Helen, the Kind of Boring Moth) Planet-Aligned Vanilla Giant Moth
Dugong (Weak Spot, the Giant Enemy Crab) Planet-Aligned Vanilla Giant Crab

...has been destroyed.

and

has been endgamed!

Which means...

Opopanax (Dark Chaos-X, the Ultimate in Evil Technology) Destruction-Aligned 2-Shot Hider/2-Shot Jailer Robot
bowmore (The Great Metaphor for Miscegenation!!!) Destruction-Aligned 2-Shot Poisoner/2-Shot Framer Giant Monkey
EXAKT Science (Sekira, the Three-Headed Dragon) Destruction-Aligned 2-Shot Busdriver/2-Shot Roleblocker Monster!
Monathin (Role: Mnelvth, He Who Catnaps Forever) Destruction-Aligned Backup Multidimenional Being
Science of Suck (Giganticus, the Elder Cyclops) Destruction-Aligned Godfather/2-Shot Bulletproof Cyclops

have won the game!

The Ghost/Mod/Setup doc is here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CfmiB7R0v_nMShwUDZmwl0aasgLUjhISSoh7uWdVarw/edit#gid=0

Mostly this game came from me wanting to see what would happen if scum didn't know each other and there was an alignment swapping role.

Then I thought it might be cool to make everything x-Shot and have a role that recharges them.

I think that were I to run this setup in the future I would give scum and town both a charger and make the bastard the only 3p.

Also, I probably shouldn't have made the cop Robot only considering the only miller and godfather were both not robots.

All In all I think that some of the key roles were gone too soon or not utilised.

It was fun flavor and enjoyable to run.

8bux/cpig mod buddies 2014.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Thanks for running CPig and 8bux!

I guess I was trying a new meta of not lurking but not writing huge posts either. Trying to give opinions but be succinct at the same time. Turns out it just makes me really scummy.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

So scum lurked their way to victory. How exciting.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Don't use alignment switchers, but especially don't when scum don't know each other.
Also something should have happened where scum eventually communicated.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I was only lurking for some of the game, some of

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
merk could have got me if he tried harder

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

bowmore posted:

I was only lurking for some of the game, some of

You went 4 days without posting.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I was reasonably active until there was an alignment switcher, then I kind of lost the plot on what I was doing

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I mayyy have played up my inexperience with the online format of mafia a bit. :shobon:

I am kind of surprised I managed to keep a hunch on two of my fellow scumbuds, though. I felt confident Bowmore was scum and at least tried a meta where I tried my hardest to be town even if I was suspicious myself. It seemed to work well enough for my survival.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

You went 4 days without posting.
two of those days was a weekend man

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Monathin posted:

I mayyy have played up my inexperience with the online format of mafia a bit. :shobon:

I am kind of surprised I managed to keep a hunch on two of my fellow scumbuds, though. I felt confident Bowmore was scum and at least tried a meta where I tried my hardest to be town even if I was suspicious myself. It seemed to work well enough for my survival.
yeah I knew you were scum, thus why I backed off

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Somber, why didn't you ever vote me? You are way too good at guessing my alignment in mafia games, man.

EXAKT Science fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Nov 30, 2014

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EXAKT Science posted:

Somber, why didn't you ever vote me? You are way too good at guessing my alignment in mafia games, man.

No one ever seemed interested in voting you! I lost a lot of my direction halfway through.

Well-played, scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Oh and hey, phenomenal flavor and a good game. Thanks for running it Pig & Bux, I was glad to have a part!

• Locked thread