Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am also in too many games, but CPig and 8bux were the mods of the first two games I ever played, so how can I say no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Confirmed that I am not a miller.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hi Ecco, welcome back.

##vote Ecco

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Vig Met for all our sakes.

I think Somber can be really on point when he actually tries and don't want him vigged, but I also really hate this posting thing he's doing (sorry Somber).

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Geez Asiina, I thought we were girl-bro's but if you can't recognise true brilliance I'm going to have to reconsider.

I don't really like self-imposed post restrictions that make it harder to figure out what someone is saying.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'd believe it in a large game like this.

That said, faking a dayvig is a pretty common and harmless way to generate content on D1, so I'm okay with it even if he's lying.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

Vig Met. Last time he was scum he lurked and poo poo on people. Last time he was town he lurked and poo poo on people.

In my game when he was corrected on using the wrong gender pronoun he said "I don't care" and when people called him a tool for it he accused them about being butthurt SJWs.

Vig Met.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hi Ixt!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

HiipFire posted:

Ok let me rephrase,
this is a loving mafia game and I'm not interested in your drama.

Except this isn't just drama. If someone is going to be a lurker or a distraction to town through their behaviour then best to get rid of them as soon as possible. I don't know if Met is scum, but I know that the game will be a higher quality without him in it.

##vote Met

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I love you, Meinberg.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I agree with Ernie. Anyone who is super obviously town is an easy coordinated attack for scum. The more doubt scum has that town players are actually town, the more likely scum are to hit their own with the night kill.

Everyone needs to walk this line, not just scum.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##volunteer

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Deadline is today so we should probably start talking.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I still agree with Ernie's logic, although I'm not sure how all that meant "therefore we should fullclaim" in an earlier post.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote Ixt

I will check in periodically before deadline, but I doubt it'll matter.

I still think Ecco is scum though.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

I am going to bed as well [/b]##vote ixt[/b]

If we end up no lynching at -1 because of this, I swear to god opop.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm a robot!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Beep boop

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Mad Rancher is Jon Joe and he's currently playing dota.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

##vote Meinberg

Two reasons.

First, his use of the vig was scummy. He didn't attempt to discern player alignment before using it, he just saw a player he could shoot with no blowback and did it.

Second, this post just comes across as awkward and an attempt to say something without actually getting involved in the game.

That sounds fairly normal for Meinberg to me?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote Ecco

See you Day 3.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
These were the events leading up to Meinberg vigging Met.

*a whole bunch of people saying Met should be vigged*

Asiina posted:

Except this isn't just drama. If someone is going to be a lurker or a distraction to town through their behaviour then best to get rid of them as soon as possible. I don't know if Met is scum, but I know that the game will be a higher quality without him in it.

##vote Met

EccoRaven posted:

See while I don't disagree at all in theory, I still feel like we should be trying to actually hunt scum.

Removing worthless, obnoxious, or toxic players is the job of vigilantes (and good-hearted scum), not the town.

Meinberg posted:

I also think that Met is scummy IRL if not in-game. Seriously, is it that much work to apologize when you use the wrong pronoun and correct your behavior? For real man, be a decent human being for a change.

Meinberg posted:

Well, Ecco has failed us. It's time for Meinberg to shine.

You can just call me a Social Justice... Vigilante.

##shoot Met

So I saw it as a townie act. He heard people call for Met to be vigged, and we agreed that distracting players are things that a vig should deal with, so he acted. Also I don't believe that a scum vig would ever blow his shot on D1. His posting also seems right on point with regular Meinberg. I strongly believe he's town.

What else was it you wanted me to do?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
People who are scum: Ecco. Ecco's scumbuddies.

Real talk though, you've said it yourself f_v in that despite the :words: he's just shutting down conversation and turning it into mafia dadding and meta chat.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Ixt is a scum. Makes a bunch of definitive scum calls, has voted for nobody but himself.

Afraid of accidentally cuddling a scumbuddy?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah actually I'm feeling stronger about this.

##vote Ixt

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Ixtlilton posted:

That's because you're either scum or terrible, and actually both now that I think about it.

no u

(Is this what we've resorted to now?)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hello I am in this game. I think the people who have called me scummy but have not voted for me are scum.

Like 3 different people have put me at the top of their scum list but I have yet to receive a single vote.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Who are they?
Are you voting for one of them?

One was Ixt, so yes.

The others I saw are Monathin and Ecco.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

HiipFire posted:

well if you need extra reasons

She hops on the Ixt bandwagon

After the lynch fails Ixt says this

And with only that to go off of she says this to try to restart the bandwagon

Quote 1) I was putting a vote on someone at deadline on D1. Sometimes you just gotta try to avoid a no lynch. Notice the other votes surrounding it.

Quote 2) That's not the only thing I was going off of, please read more carefully.

Asiina posted:

Ixt is a scum. Makes a bunch of definitive scum calls, has voted for nobody but himself.

Afraid of accidentally cuddling a scumbuddy?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Ixt remains super scum. He still has yet to vote a single time and he basically scum claimed, but self-preservation and all that.

##vote JJ

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

This post actually does feel a bit like a "oh woe is me I am just this innocent little townsperson harassed by these big vicious scum," and I'm definitely voting for you come day 3.

It's actually the opposite. People who think I'm scum and declaring I'm scum but aren't voting for me is super weird. If you think someone is scum, vote for them or it's pointless, you are just making noise. The fact that it took Ixt until deadline to make a vote of any kind, nevermind the person he was absolutely sure was scum all drat day is so goddamn scummy.

I will vote Ixt until I die.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am getting genuinely frustrated with how much I'm being suspected because I feel liek I've been trying really god drat hard this game and it feels like one after another I have people just jumping at me throwing "you are 100% a scum" down my throat over something as stupid as "lol ernie died." And then saying "you haven't been scum hunting/genuinely towny."

It's freaking ridiculous especially considering how little I actually scum hunt compared to how much i town hunt and I've had to post with my head on the block the entire game with little space to breathe if at all and it's really difficult to deal with, and I've also been in what feels like MAJOR contention for scum candidate but at the same time no one seems to be trying very hard to lynch me ever since ernie died. none of that strikes you as odd whatsoever? All that's been in the thread is soft pushes/hard stances on asiina but I receive like two votes and then suddenly I'm not a candidate anymore? No one seems to think anything of that?

I have invested a lot of time effort and sleep loss in this game and god damnit I am not going to let the first time I am mislynched in months be the CPig/8bux game because people feel like suspecting me for reasons.

I mean Jfc does no one remember the time I was railroaded into the dirt as town vigilante and claimed serial killer? SOME TIMES I AT SCUMMY AS A TOWN.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

##vote asiina second verse etc.

##vote Ixt

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
A cop, apparently.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Monathin posted:

Knew there was a reason I didn't like the JJ vote.

##vote Asiina

lol @ this post.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Dugong posted:

Tbf he never voted for JJ. He voted for you.

Still, does it have any purpose other than LAMIST?

I didn't start the JJ bandwagon, I jumped on it for self-preservation. My being on that vote has nothing to do with how JJ flipped.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah that is...what?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm also VT. I'm jealous of all these X-shot people.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I suppose I should vote for Somber to once again save myself, but I feel bad that I'm just going to be the vote leader again tomorrow and I'm just VT.

That said, I know I'm town and I don't know what Somber is, so I will not fall upon my sword.

##vote Somber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Agreed Somber, agreed.

• Locked thread