Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Daddy's home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Hi Opop. Based on my reverse and unsober read-through of the last two pages and subsequent examination of his post history I've decided Mad Rancher looks like a disingenuous and not charming version of myself. He is trying to pass himself off as a smugly effortless townie, and he makes vig jokes lol. I think we should lynch him when the sun rises. What are your thoughts?

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Unless he's a day cop. Mad Rancher, I think you should speak up right now if you're a power role. Otherwise I'm going to kill you with my night action tonight.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

If you don't see this thread and claim your role by the time I wake up tomorrow morning I will kill you.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

:hist101: :hist101: :yayclod:

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Oh well that explains why I rapidly came to hate him.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

What's the in-vogue read on Dugong??

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Page 9 is almost exclusively Ernie/merk/Ecco lol :newfap: :sun: :11tea: :11tea: :suicide:

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Monathin posted:

I've played Mafia games before, but never Goon Mafia games.

Let's rumble.

Monathin posted:

Maybe it's just me being a rookie, but that sounds awfully specific and contrived.

Monathin posted:

I've played Mafia games before

Monathin posted:

Maybe it's just me being a rookie

What are you doing

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Hey Monathin have you ever played Mafia on the website mafiascum.net

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Cool I thought Ernie wasn't town but was scared to be wrong about it

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Monathin have you read any forum Mafia games and/or wikis

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

Fiery I know we're friends here but I want you to consider something, I am going to try to lead you through it. Dugong made the same mistake so this is for his benefit as well.

My maths immediately fail if the assumption is incorrect - true.

So what if my assumption is incorrect? What if at least one scum decided to "hide" by allowing the mission to be a success? If I'm wrong, that means there's at least two scum on the mission. That's all true!

What could be the max number of scum? With Ernie dead, that'd be... six! Six scum, maximum. That would mean five of them - independently - said "I guess I could sabotage it but I want townie cred in the off-chance it succeeds without a hitch," while the sixth one said ":hehe:".

This is all still potentially true!

But, what do we know? We know at least one person sabotaged the mission. We know scum are (reasonably speaking) the only ones who would do it. Therefore we know that there's at least one scum on the team. Could there be more? Sure. Do we have any reason to believe that, though? Do we have any reason to believe there's more than one scum, or conversely that there's just one scum?

I hope you see where I'm coming from, now! Friends help each other out.

It's not really similar; I'm not idly speculating about the game and risking players revealing information about their roles, I'm telling you all "being on the volcano team should be ignored, both as a way to condemn someone, and as a way to dismiss them as town." As in, we shouldn't limit our focus to just those six.

Hope this helps you too!

Shut up lol

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

##vote Monathin

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Puntification posted:

Was this a serious claim and are you the same volcano that the event was centred around?

Just vote him dude

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Hi Monathin.

Peta posted:

Monathin have you read any forum Mafia games and/or wikis

Don't be a gently caress; answer this question! :buddy:

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

- Monithan is a weird one because I sense there's more going on than he's willing to talk about, but he's not willing to share it, and I wish he would, because it's letting people make easy cases against him (Peta comes to mind).

- The cases against Monithan feel opportunistic, too. It screams "vote and forget," a strategy scum can easily do this game where posting is low.

Haha you'd think people who multiple page-long Mafia posts per day would know by now that "easy"/"opportunistic" has long been discredited as an excuse to sideline cases but I guess you're EccoRaven so you skew the data pretty heavily because you are a loving stupid person lol

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Also I have a day job so no, I won't post walls of text like you 24 hours a day. I wish you had a day job too because it would probably improve the quality of your play. The quality of your play would be better because you would less frequently poo poo up the game.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Hey Monathin did you come by EBWOP in a wiki article

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

##unvote

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Mafia Player A: Well, Mafia Player B seems pretty transparently scummy and I think we should vote him.

Mafia Player C, viz., EccoRaven: What a freaking easy and opportunistic case lol. drat. What an outrage to say that thing. Lol, fuuuuckkk. Gah. I say, the case on Mafia Player B is opportunistic. drat. Hot drat

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

Peta I know you don't like me on a personal level but can you please try to avoid stuff like that for now? You've made a weak case on Monathin and that's about it, I never said anything about you personally.

gently caress you idiot I haven't even made a case against him

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Well now I don't even have an easy and opportunistic case to my name so you should probably ask a mod to prod me for my scandalous behavior

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Or just request a replacement and/or post your role PM so that you don't have to tire yourself out with avalanches of holier-than-thou drivel and everyone else doesn't have to pretend to read your terrible posts. Think about it, you could basically make a Jesus-on-the-cross-level sacrifice right now

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

I'm going to bed now but on my way out I implore you to not be a gently caress

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

OK, I thought I could catch you inin lie regarding your EBWOP post once you said you'd never played forum Mafia before. I didn't know until a little while later that it had its own article on the SA wiki. Oh well.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

I'm just gonna make this easy vote since I almost certainly won't be around for the deadline and I don't know how active I can be before then ##vote bowmore

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Ixtlilton posted:

Like seriously, this is why I quit mafia. I'm terrible at scum unless I put in a huge amount of effort even for a lurky game so people like JakeP can read me super easily and it takes for frikkin' ever to convince other people and it's terrible for my mood and I do like the community and theory behind it and watching games is kinda fun but it really just isn't worth the stress to play these games for the occasional gratification and chilling with dudes. Which is mainly why I joined this game and then the dudes either aren't chilling or dead.

What the gently caress lol

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

gently caress it ##vote Mad Rancher

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

At least JJ is dead

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Yo am I still alive

Peta
Dec 26, 2011