Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Coming out of retirement for an unmissable game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I am here and confirmed and it's good to see all of you and I haven't read past page 2 yet but I will right now and I won't even edit posts because I was thinking I was going to edit this one after I read some more but then I remembered I can't but hi.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I have heard Ernie say before that he only claims SK when he's not town. But then I read some more and he claimed it before he got his role pm. Why would you shoot Somberbrero? He's just chilling. Also, Monathin is town, thank me later. You could vig Met I don't remember him all that well has he posted? Apparently he used an incorrect gender pronoun and then was a dick about it. I'm also going to a hockey game tomorrow with some people and maybe it'll be okay but I'm worried our team sucks this year because all of Michigan's teams suck this year. We'll see.

Is anyone around?

Also, the psychadelic octopus is the only person who's pinged me at all for scum.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

In my brief skim of Met's play in a Star Trek game he didn't seem that hard to read or as bad as you guys are saying. Can I get linked to objectionable material?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I'm here

Glad you joined the game.

Oh hi, thanks for sending me the pm to join it, it looks like we have a good player list.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Hi Asiina! My manager offered to sell me his homemade vodka today, should I buy it? y/n

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Well it is 130 proof, so he says. Also, thanks Opop, I heard you moved or are moving or something.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

My professional analysis is that Opop is a trustworthy Canadian who provides accurate information and we should ignore that for the benefit of everyone.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

And by that I mean Met's thing, not Opop giving good information which should be recognized.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I came to chill out for a bit in my first game in months and chatting with people makes me scum, got it.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

30 seconds, Ernest.

CapitalistPig posted:

Scum will NOT know who the other scum are and cannot talk to each other out of thread, The scum kill will consist of all members of the scumteam pming me a kill choice each night, the majority will win, in the event of no majority I will rng the kill from the choices presented.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Ernie. posted:

I feel really bad because I just came out from my secret retirement for this game too and I really didn't want to target you but you are scummy :(

No I'm not, Ernie.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

And if you actually felt bad you wouldn't do it. I'm like 98% certain you've held off of targetting players D1 of large games for reasons before.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also, how is directing discussion towards vodka and stuff people posted for the hour or so I was there scummy?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I could've made mixed drinks with him, you monster. Also, that's fair Ernest and I have to go into work now.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

merk posted:

Vote Ixt.

To lynch town D1, sure.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also Meinberg's latest post reads like my writing in highschool: way too many commas. Opop is a good person too, although terrible he is a man who does things and therefore cannot be lynched. I'd vote Punti just based his "I'd vote" post and his reasoning for the other guy.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Puntification posted:

I'd agree his side chatting is no problem but there is definitely legitimate grounds to criticise his supposed game-related posts, I'll not rehash what's already been said by others but his recent responses have been really unimpressive as well:

variants on "I'm town" are the most worthless defences to make, you might as well say nothing if you don't argue why, or even better make genuine reads and cases and let your work speak for itself, but he didn't he felt the need to post something worthless instead, which is pretty much how I feel about this next one too:

He talks about meinberg's comma usage, why? Is he trying to outdo hal's "I found the use of italics suspicious" argument as most facile reasoning employed in mafia ever? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say no but then it means he's just noticed meinberg posted before him and wanted people to think he was paying attention by commenting on it. Next, now we all like opop, he's a cool guy but that's all this read is saying; it relies on nothing game-related and uses no analysis or reasoning to argue against lynching him. Finally he finishes with an OMGUS, where he doesn't even follow through and vote me, but he doesn't bother justifying what he thinks is wrong with my reasoning about voting hiipfire. ##vote Ixt

I talked about Meinberg's comma useage because it was atrocious, did you read his sentence? It's not even a game thing it's a written English thing. Also, it's not a game unless f_v and I think each other are scum, so it's good to see we have a game going here. And in case you don't know my meta at all, my meta is that I don't vote until really late. And I'm not going to justify disagreeing with your read on a guy with like a paragraph written in this game.

Deadline's in two hours, right?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Dr. Hurt posted:

I actually have voted so you are actually just making things up Merk.

Yeah, you'd think Pig would be on Motley at this point.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Puntification posted:

Yes.

The thing is though of you don't bother explaining the problem you have with my read then how can I or anyone else judge whether the complaint's genuine or not? I didn't like him making GBS threads on activity in the thread without doing anything himself and his last post seemed like a promise of effort in the future as a substitution for doing anything, these are both things I've seen scum do and I think it's fair to call it out and vote someone based on this, if you are gonna say my reasoning is worth voting for me over the onus is on you to argue this isn't true and let the arguments be judged on their merits but you didn't bother so it just looks like a lazy OMGUS sans vote.

The activity was witchhunting that ended in a D1 dayvig ending as D1 dayvigs tend to. He hasn't posted anything since then though, but same with like half the thread. Including the octopus dude who had a weird jokevote fight with a dude and I thought they were scum together until I realized the scum don't know each other.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Actually, f_v, are you scum? Now that I think about it you've said before that you don't think I have it in me for a long scum game, but you're voting on D1 here and there's going to either be a lazy bandwagon or a no-lynch coming up.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I'd find the quote if I weren't lazy, but you've totally said that as a justification to not vote me D1 before.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Nope, I have no solid opinions. And guess what? That doesn't matter in this game, the scum don't know each other.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Dude you have an elephant memory. I have no memory of saying anything like that (not that I doubt you, I just wouldn't remember if I had)

I'm not sure why voting you today makes me scum.

Because you said that before and so if you're scum then even if I am scum you get to look like you had super good thoughts without losing a strong ally, and if I'm town then good following that reasoning.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Wait, I do have one solid opinion, that dude I said was town in my first game post is town.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Puntification posted:

It was before the vig, discussing how players play, even though it was in the context of this guy is an arse, is potentially as much informative meta as it is "drama" - if you have the time to post "no one cares", you are clearly paying enough attention to think we could be discussing something you think is useful and could say as much rather than just shut up. You realise that I'm the guy who had the jokevote exchange with EXAKT (the octopus dude) right?

Nope, I didn't remember that.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

And I was supposed to call my grandpa tonight and I should've done it when I posted here first but now it's kinda late so I'll have to do it tomorrow since we're on how much better my long-term memory is than my short-term memory.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Over a third of the game has fewer posts than the mod, there are 5 votes on people who can't be lynched, and I'm the voteleader in what is almost definitely going to be a no-cuddle. I'm considering self-voting and going off to play Valkyria Chronicles on steam just so we might actually have a cuddling.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I'll claim right now, I'm VT.

##vote Ix

If it's a no-lynch I'll see you dudes tomorrow. And I'll expect an apology from you Dr. Hurt because I apologized to you when you got lynched on a stupid merk case in our first game together and I lazily voted you.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Be nice, f_v. Also, I liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive. The cow's out of the bag, and evil will be udderly destroyed and rent apart in my four stomachs of doooooooooooooom.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I'm tired and have to be up early but I'll give the game a real read tomorrow with how I'm alive and stuff and there's content.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

EccoRaven posted:

What's happening is players, aware the setup is unorthodox, rather than rallying together and trying their hardest, are preemptively giving up. "We can't make connections," they're telling themselves, "so what's the point?"

This is because players are terrible but unfortunately it only takes a few to spoil it for the rest of us.
Posts like this, e.g.:

That's not what that post meant Ecco, I was saying that my lack of solid opinions at the end of D1 didn't mean anything for my alignment because it's not like they can say "Oh, he's just waiting to see where can put a vote without committing" because in a game where scum don't know each other that kind of reasoning doesn't make sense.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Asiina is the cum (wo)man, I have foreseen. f_v is doing her town thing and so is Ecco. I can't read Somber very well since he just posts up a storm as any alignment but this seems more sincere than his scum posting. merk was right for the right reasons and scum merk would probably be less right for less right reasons maybe, merk's not a busser as far I can remember and casing properly is almost like bussing.

Peta is a guy, hi Peta. Bowmore is lazy as town but this is more like lazy scum bowmore as far as I can tell. Although he didn't insult me before voting me so that gives me pause there. I was about to read PM but then realized he's dead.

Pig, if I update the alive lists every day will you edit the OP by copy/pasting them?

In conclusion, the town are f_v, Ecco, merk, and Motley. The scum are probably Asiina, and maybe bowmore or Punti. The other people can wait.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

In other news, that was the writing of someone who got a 4.5 on the writing part of the GRE, which I emailed to me today.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Hi Ecco! I had a really good dinner tonight and I still have leftover chocolate gateau. I would give you some if you were here, it's good.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Opop, what is the significant difference between SK and scum play in a game like this that merk would risk properly casing the SK? He even said he's playing like a survivor, which seems like a pretty big "slip" for what your going after if he is scum.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also, that case has Town Opop written all over it, but now Opop's going to be scum and be the last guy alive and eat me again and it'll be his lynch-proof game all over again.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Opopanax posted:

Can you rephrase that? I don't knwo what you're asking

Sure, what's the difference between SK and scum behavior in a game like this in your opinion?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Puntification posted:

Your read on merk seems to be ignoring the fact this is a blind game to bus he'd have to have divined who his buddies were first. I will however forgive you this inconsistency if you send me the leftover gateau.

My read specifically states how it's not ignoring that fact. Also, I finished the gateau and it was delicious, but maybe next month I'll go back there and get another slice and send it to you in the mail like a weirdo or something.

Also, I just realized that someone mentioned that Ernie being 3p means there might not be a scum in there, but knowing Ernie's meta he wouldn't betray N1 as a survivor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also, Ecco's not going to flip scum, you guys are silly.

• Locked thread