Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

merk at least starts with a decent point, even if I don't think it holds up with what happened with Ecco's case on Ernie and what it was based on though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

merk posted:

What does this mean? What happened?

How it happened throughout D1.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Lmao, Asiina. I've made one definitive scum call and that's you.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also, your shitposting this game has been so uncasual. It's not at all casual shitposting. It's just there, kinda awkward. Not at all casual.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Anyway, merk's thing starts with theory that general mafia theory disagreement is both a poor way to case and scummy, but I don't think that's quite how it developed, it was more like Ecco thought it was malicious than anything else and Ernie was doing his 3p thing and playing like his post suggested.

Also Ecco said this and I think he's town and I'm lazy so I was like "Eh, that works".

EccoRaven posted:

I disagree. It started as disagreement over mafia principals, but when he kept pushing it I realized something was up. He wasn't going about the issue like a townie would. He wasn't indicating that he was thinking about it critically, he wasn't trying to actually argue against me, he was just putting the idea out there. I sensed that he was doing it because he had a malicious intent.

Sure, I wasn't 100% about it, but I was ultimately right. He was proposing something that if even a few townies followed would turn the game into a crapshoot. He was doing it because he was not town, and a crapshoot is much more survivable for an individual whose only interests are their own survival.

Nevermind that he almost certainly did part of it as well to make himself appear "scummy but not very scummy" to avoid being voted for a nightkill.

Puntification posted:

You'll have to walk me through it then because to me talking about whether he'd bus or not doesn't make sense. It probably wouldn't survive the trip but I appreciate the offer.

Sincere casing, especially when it's right for the right reasons, in this game is similar to bussing in other games and merk is not known for bussing.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Well at least I'm getting the vote off Ecco and Somberbrero can continue being wrong about me in more words than I'm going to read.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also, I ran a game with Ecco where you were scum and you were so insincere like holy poo poo.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

And that's all the details you guys are getting for today.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

That's because you're either scum or terrible, and actually both now that I think about it.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

jfc, I'm done posting for the day, Somber, you're terrible at reading me.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

That I'm stepping away rather than getting into a slap fight and your points are both terrible and make these huge weird assumptions in your logic and cause me to remember why I left mafia.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Sincere casing from scum would be bussing, not from town. This was all in the context of people saying merk was scum and in the hypothetical merk was scum his actions would be akin to bussing, not that all sincere casing is bussing, I don't even know how you didn't get this from reading through it, like what.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also, Somber's terrible at reading me, this is a historical fact. Like, he quotes my post going back and forth on bowmore like that's a scummy thing from me. He really doesn't know my meta at all.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also, he's a dumb butt who doesn't understand that there are different kinds of lazy and that obviously if I said that bowmore not insulting me was towny for him then I think him doing so would be a scummy behavior.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

And I addressed Asiina's only point which was clearly BS and not even scummy for me if it was true and then she just said she felt more strongly about me. Yeah, she's scum.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

How was giving my thoughts faking content? Also, I remember you being wrong about me twice, if I was scum I was probably totally checked out because that's what I do as scum, so you really don't get credit there either.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also, I'm clearly not going to convince you without slapfighting for like 4 pages like our first game together and I quite simply don't care enough to prioritize this game that highly so I'm not sure why I'm bothering.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Like seriously, this is why I quit mafia. I'm terrible at scum unless I put in a huge amount of effort even for a lurky game so people like JakeP can read me super easily and it takes for frikkin' ever to convince other people and it's terrible for my mood and I do like the community and theory behind it and watching games is kinda fun but it really just isn't worth the stress to play these games for the occasional gratification and chilling with dudes. Which is mainly why I joined this game and then the dudes either aren't chilling or dead.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I'm town, Opop. But you should probably lynch me anyway.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Opop, I'm going to pretend I'm nuzzling your avatar in a very affectionate manner.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Okay, sorry.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I'm down for Dugong or Asiina. I'm going to take a nap now, but I'll be back.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also, what play?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

There's absolutely no way you genuinely think I was responding to the votes there, Somberbrero. Not to mention there were 4.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

##vote Asiina

There's no way you believe either of those things.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Well technically there's no way you believe one of them makes me scum, but same thing really.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

merk I will help your last minute bandwagon attempt if you will vote Asiina if it fails.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

The person who reached the number first gets cuddled, generally.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

How is it scummy Asiina? Seriously, explain in detail how that's from a scum mindset.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Oh wait I guess you had one really incredibly dumb sentence in there about it "If you think someone is scum, vote for them or it's pointless, you are just making noise."

That's stupid and I'll tell you why. One, votes don't count until deadline or majority. All a vote is until that time is the exact same thing as "noise". Two, voting for someone immediately puts them on the defensive and makes it less likely for them to reply or post in any kind of productive way. Three, I feel like voting for someone solidifies that opinion more in your mind and makes you less likely to reconsider it even when you should.

And finally, there are really only two reasons to vote someone before a time your vote matters:

1. To posture.

2. To provide players who aren't paying that close attention a way to gauge peoples' opinions.

In addition to this, I have cultivated my passive-aggressive late voting meta for a long time as 3p and town more than as scum because people like you think it's scummy for stupid reasons. Your absolutism is way more scummy and counterproductive than my lack of voting.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Asiina I invite you to reread your post history if you think you're trying really hard.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I just got home and this is what's happening. Okay.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I'll vote Asiina, but Meinberg, you really brought this on yourself.

##vote Asiina

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

No, I'm not, but if you'd like I can request a modkill tonight.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I was considering just not voting but then I decided to vote. Also, Meinberg brought that cuddle on himself. It's pretty self-explanatory.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

He was obviously town. And to exercise my Constitutional rights.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

There was less than half an hour left, are you kidding?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Why do people vote IRL, f_v? Also, f_v is probably the biggest scum anger faker there is, but this isn't over-the-top scum angry so yeah.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Somberbrero, do you understand that I wasn't reacting to votes, I was reacting to you? I'm pretty sure I've said that and thinking anything else about that situation is so incredibly disingenuous. Not to mention, again, it was 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Yeah, what's to stop the newly minted town from telling everyone about the role? Other than the guy spitefully switching back their alignments I guess, but that's just asking for trouble.

I also went through the list we've got and removed the names I think are town for whatever reason and here we are.

Asiina, Dugong, EXAKT Science, The Science of Suck

I'll be around more tomorrow.

• Locked thread