Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Dr. Hurt posted:

Ughhh I'm in too many games but I can't say no to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

##vote CPig

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

It means tooth, butthead. Not knowing the etymologies of monster name parts, clear scumslip.

##vote Punt

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Puntification posted:

Trap sprung! ##vote EXAKT science for taking my joke vote seriously.

Ha! My vote was a joke as well!

##vote Punt

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Poison Mushroom posted:

Punching an adorable fire sprite is not satisfying. I wanna punch giant technicolor space squids.

Excuse me, but that is very clearly an octopus. All cephalopods aren't the same, don't be specieist!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

PMush did you read Ecco's post?

EccoRaven posted:

Ok jokevoting is now over.

Night 0 I received a one-shot dayvig (some kind of ray gun). The message said I have to use it Day 1 or else it'll blow up in my face and kill me Night 1.

I want to use it now because jokevoting is dumb but unlike literally every other dayvig in the world I am going to use it as the town sees fit.

Who should I shoot? Unacceptable answers: me, merk, asiina, or Ixtlilton.

Shoot PMush, imo.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Poison Mushroom posted:

Did you read mine? Day 1 won't be over for 3 days, and Night 1 isn't about to sneak up on Ecco out of nowhere, since a turbolynch would take 12 votes.

Heh, I read it, but evidently not very well. I thought you were talking about game days, not real days. Sorry PMush :shobon:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

EccoRaven posted:

Gonna rant for a second about my roommate because it's happening right now and it is making me wish I had a raygun irl.

He's I guess trying to be a DJ or something? So he has some program making beats and he occasionally inserts sounds from a synthesizer in a way that clearly says "I am experimenting with sounds!", but the end result is noise garbage on my ears and also the SAME drat "click-click-click, durrr" sound repeated OVER AND OVER AGAIN and it's not that it's loud it's just that I can hear it really really well in my room and it's driving me BANANAS.

I've confronted him about the endless list of lovely things he does in the past but it never changes and now I am just reduced to complaining about it on the internet helplessly slash wishing I had a raygun irl.
]
Our third roommate is usually good at keeping him in line but she's never around anymore :(

Is he unfamiliar with the concept of "wearing some loving headphones?"

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah, and a beautiful human to boot.

A beautiful corpse, more like :c00lbert:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Hey I'm here too. There are just a lot of people posting who are very much better at Mafia than I am, as well as the fact that this is the largest game I've been in yet and it's all a bit intimidating :shobon:

Ecco, I'm not sure how to feel about you, partially because I've never played with you before and thus have no meta whatsoever to go off of. Your D1 callout of Ernie's (imo flawed) "hey everybody let's act scummy" seemed pretty townie to me, but I don't know how to feel about the repeated volleys beetween you and Somber. It seems to me more like two townies going at each other to me than anything else, though.

Hurt's flip is really interesting to me. He came up as Military-Aligned, and while that may just be a third party group of which he was the only member, it could also mean that we're dealing with multiple scumteams.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

##vote JJ

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Might not be here for deadline

##vote Somber

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Come on, it's obviously a parody of Godzilla/Mecha-Godzilla

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Hey Somber. I do have some thoughts on this game. In no particular order:

f_v reads as the towniest player to me. The meltdown they had about the inactivity of other players read as genuine, and they're putting in effort to earnestly scumhunt.

merk I'm not entirely sure about. I haven't played with him at all, and I can't really read him. I'm leaning possible 3p, but again, I can't really read him.

Ixt, Asiina and Monathin read scummy to me

SoS also seems scummy. He's done basically no scumhunting of his own, and most of his posts are low- to no-content one liners. Also, he was on the volcano team and we haven't found anyone else on that team who had a reason to sabotage, so might as well ##vote Science of Suck

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Somberbrero posted:

It's weird you mention merk at all in that post.

I tried to give reads on the people who were posting in the last few pages, because that's most of what I read to make those reads :shrug:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Somberbrero posted:

Hey Exakt what is your role?

Busdriver

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Somberbrero posted:

Huh.

Targets and results?

I'm two-shot. I've used one so far, on night two. Targetted you and Ecco. Did anything happen to you that night?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Somberbrero posted:

Anyone else getting weirded out by Exakt?

What can I say, I'm a weird monster. Also, I have three heads. That'd weird anybody out.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

merk posted:

I wasn't lying. Bowmore is scum.

merk how do you know that?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

merk posted:

Last night.

yawn, try harder

##vote merk

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

We should. Deadline is in like eight hours.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Remember that today is Majority, so we need seven votes, plus there are probably at least a few people who can't post due to travel or whatever.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

##vote Ixt

If four more people switch, then we can smash Ixt today. He's probably the most likely path to avoid a no-smash.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Somber, why didn't you ever vote me? You are way too good at guessing my alignment in mafia games, man.

EXAKT Science fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Nov 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

fiery_valkyrie posted:

You went 4 days without posting.

f_v I'm sorry this game was so frustrating for you. You did really well considering how little people were posting, and how much they (we) got away with it.

• Locked thread