Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I wish to clash on monster island

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

My role did not taste nice. Do not follow mid advice.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

What I'm a crab and everyone else is a volcano or a God

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Puntification posted:

Are you at least a giant crab?

Weak giant crab. The worst of giant crabs.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Play put a donk on it to show him how to make good music

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Also I'm sorry you are having roommate troubles. Mine I can deal with now but a few months ago I was struggling.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

So scum don't know each other. What do we think is the advantage for them to balance this out?

I'm not sure it would be more vanilla mafia than normal as the gimmick would then become SKs who have to share a kill.

I'm thinking stronger powers for the mafia instead. This has the additional problem of town powers being devalued by role blockers, drivers etc. It could just be they get more shots of their powers.

The randomly selected night is interesting. Combined with not knowing each other it opens up the possibility of scum killing their own members.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I think Meinberg should have waited longer to use the vig but the discussion would have still been how much Met would ruin the game if he was still alive.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Nah I disagree with Ernie. Each player has different views of what is and isn't scummy. By saying that everyone should act scummy it just makes the later days harder as anyone can use the defence of "oh I was told to act scummy".

The probability is that a scum won't get killed by their own at night but they won't all vote for the same target anyway. Acting scummy is not the right way to go.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

##volunteer

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

HiipFire posted:

I haven't read through all the posts yet so I'm not comfortable posting any cases/hunches.

OK. Hiip is really standoffish and dismissive and then ends on this. Initial interest was really high but weekend stuff I guess I would like to hear from Motley.

Ernie's argument earlier was really lovely but I think a mafia player would back down after the initial slamming of the idea.

##vote HiipFire

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

EccoRaven posted:

Nah.

Assuming all townies (and survivors) said "success!" and all scum went "failure!", then that means 1 out of the 6 players on the list are scum. That's a worse ratio than by random chance (assuming between 1:3 and 1:4 standard scum:town ratio). It would be better to ignore the volcano people entirely - neither giving them townie cred nor scum suspicion - unless some hard evidence comes up suggesting otherwise.

Yes I'm biased because I know I'm town and I know there's a number of players chomping at the bit to find any reason to vote me, but, it's the truth, do the math.

No. If the result had been 7 sabotage, we would have known that all 7 people were 3p or scum because town has no notice to vote sabotage. With a result like this, scum could have been trying to blend because they expected someone to say what you just said. They have a motive to vote support.

Actually your post is weird. On d1 you rightly had a go at me for the blind mafia discussion but you are doing a similar thing here. The benefit of supporting is unknown.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

(Post preview isn't working on my phone. Sorry for any predictive texting mistakes)

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Whoops Ecco. I thought I had caught you out on something but in my just woke up state now I realise I was just calling you out on something... and then agreeing with it. My bad.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

HiipFire posted:

I was just telling you your math was a bit off.

I feel exclusively hunting for scum in the volcano group is good, because the people in the volcano group were also some of the most active so we'll be able to get the best reads from them(I'll go and write cases tomorrow) and the entire eliminate 6 means that the last 1 is guaranteed scum thing.

Nope, you're making assumptions. 3p may have motivation to not support. Ignoring the majority of the players in this game isn't smart.

What if people didn't volunteer just so they could pull this tactic today?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

The Science of Suck posted:

monathin i would also still like to know why you felt it necessary to mention you had secret hunches and whether or not you can reveal the secret hunches yet

What are your secret hunches then? My top choice to lynch is still Hiip but Meinberg has used his vig and disappeared.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

^the joint vote leader is JJ and while it is a good case, town not communicating is highlighted by merk voting and then disappearing. Yeah he is in the champions game but it doesn't leave much to talk about.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Somberbrero posted:

If it's a good case, why aren't you voting with it?

That's me being rubbish. I forget to actually make the vote until close to deadline and have done it often in SA games. D1 I didn't see a majority being reached used the vote to express who I thought was scummy.

##vote HiipFire

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

HiipFire posted:

yeah i havent been paying attention to the thread sorry
im not gonna bother making a long post explaining why to look like im trying

ill post cases for the volcano group sometime around 3PM my time(gmt +1)

Fine ##unvote

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

^the sincere casing thing just seems like a gambit by Ixt to cast doubt. "wow someone was right about scum, guess we should lynch them!"

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I mean for future lynches. By saying that sincere cases is bussing it just discredits any actual cases/lynches that we may get.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

HiipFire posted:

gently caress RIGHT OKAY I FORGOT

Ernie:

well he isn't the one who failed, because there's no reason for him to risk getting lynched so it's not him.

JJ:

There isn't alot of content here and I have the bad tendency to see lurking as a scumtell, so outside of him backpeddling the "let's lynch a volcano-goer" and for some reason not watching to do it because of Ernie being in the volcano group, which I don't know why that would matter, I'm not gonna say anything about him.

I'm just gonna post these 2 cases so you guys know I'm here, I'll go write more cases(ones with more words) when I get back from dinner(in like 30 minutes)
ALSO YEAH I KNOW THESE CASES SUCK, I literally picked the ones with the least content first because im lazy

So your idea was to case the volcano group which caused some friction ace then just pick 2 of them. You could have just not said the volcano stuff and cased those 2.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Well im getting drunk within the hour.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

My confidence in the Hiip vote is lessened by the others voting

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

This is really happening while I'm pissed

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I dunno merk I think you playing like I survivor. If any other player pulled that would you vote somb?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

##vote JJ

Goodnight

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Hangover of death. Wish you didn't case me after I started drinking merk but ok.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Lol.

Ixt that's a post from the 2+2 forums champion game that merk is in at the moment.

We need 2+2 Mafia, where you can only use quotes from Champions games to communicate.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Asiina posted:

lol @ this post.

Tbf he never voted for JJ. He voted for you.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

merk posted:

Oh, this post is scummy because he's waving a hand over other content as scummy but not analyzing any of it. He's trying to make it look like he's figuring out alignment when in reality he's just trying to say small nothings to go unnoticed.

Yeah no. My confidence in the vote in Hiip lessened because of the 2 other voters, I am unsure on Ecco but more so Monathin. You said that I just use pointless posts, fair enough but Monathin, the person on the vote for Hiip has posted less than you have and most recently been pathetically flipping between Hiip and Asiina. If I hadn't changed to JJ you could have just as easily said that I was acting scummy because I wanted a NL to go through.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

merk posted:

Pointless argument over a pointless stupid pointless thing with the volcano stupidity.

That's what I was saying in the quote. The volcano thing was stupid

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Sorry I didn't vote yesterday. Was working into the night on internship applications then fell straight to sleep

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Just got out of group presentation / feedback session. Catching up

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Monathin posted:

I mean, I'll do it, but I won't like it.

##vote The Science of Suck

This would be OK d1

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Dugong posted:

Weak giant crab. The worst of giant crabs.

I'm a VT giant vulnerable crab.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Awful app was playing up so gave up until I got on the laptop

Monathin posted:

Oh, right, yeah. The alignment switching. That's uh, interesting. I've been trying to figure out how that impacts stuff and figure things out from there. I've never had experience with that before so I'm a bit stumped.

What I don't like about this post is that he is saying "look at me, I'm not as smart as other players. I'm therefore not a good lynch target". A townie doesn't want to say this. It makes the scum kill night target easier because they know he isn't a threat. Furthermore a VT has comparatively very little to lose so shouldn't be painting themselves at useless. They should be more attractive targets than Vanilla PRs. Mona is claiming to only have one roleblock left so is pretty close to VT. It feels to me as an attempt to feign confused town.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I am falling asleep in bed. I check over the pages I missed/ will miss tomorrow because my eyes are not awake

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Hey merk. Why did you go after me D3 and then not mention it again today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Thanks for running the game Cpig/8bux! Sorry I wasn't really around for the last day. Got hit with a silly amount of work.

• Locked thread