Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Dr. Hurt posted:

Ughhh I'm in too many games but I can't say no to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

sounds reasonable.

##vote Ernie

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

EccoRaven posted:

4) a 2-shot vigilante

too easy loal

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

what is this even

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

merk posted:

I'm talking about this game where Met lurked the entire time and then launched personal attacks against winvirus and me when we tried to get him to play. You could arguably excuse his play because he was scum, but then he double downed on it in end game by attacking us again for calling him on it.

ninja: read the whole page, not just the post I linked.

nobody cares

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Ok let me rephrase,
this is a loving mafia game and I'm not interested in your drama.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Puntification posted:

I don't like the way Hiipfire is about and posting but exclusively about how he wants other people to stop talking about things he's not interested in rather than bringing up stuff that he thinks is worth discussing/doing anything useful ##vote HiipFire
I haven't read through all the posts yet so I'm not comfortable posting any cases/hunches.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

I'm sorry, but with 23 players, 2 3ps(probably more?) that makes for 16 town players and 5 scum.
Then there's currently 15 town and 4 scum, so there's about a 1/5 chance we could random lynch scum.
If we take the 1:4 distribution it'll be 17 town and 4 scum and 16 alive town and 3 alive scum, which means we have just under a 1/6 chance for a succesful random lynch, which means that in this case it's good to pay attention to the team because we have a better chance of getting a succesful random lynch from the volcano team than random lynching everyone.

So I'm sure your "let's ignore the guy who voted fail, because it's no use finding him!!!" idea doesn't really pan out that well.

Also math doesn't really help us find scum so thanks for making me write this useless post fuuuuuuck.

The math might be way off because I'm writing this half-asleep but yeaahhhhhh

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

I was just telling you your math was a bit off.

I feel exclusively hunting for scum in the volcano group is good, because the people in the volcano group were also some of the most active so we'll be able to get the best reads from them(I'll go and write cases tomorrow) and the entire eliminate 6 means that the last 1 is guaranteed scum thing.

One thing I'm wondering though, since there are already 2 third party roles dead this might mean that there's a really high amount of third parties thougj, probably not, but it was just a thought I was having.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

I'm probably gonna re-read the thread tomorrow, but I can definitely get behind the JJ scumread.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

EccoRaven posted:

I just want someone to talk to who isn't a loon

am I a loon?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

yeah i havent been paying attention to the thread sorry
im not gonna bother making a long post explaining why to look like im trying

ill post cases for the volcano group sometime around 3PM my time(gmt +1)

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Puntification posted:

This passed ages ago, where you at Hiip?

Also, I have got to get up early to catch a coach tomorrow morning so I'll not be around for the deadline, I'll stay up maybe another 5, maybe 6 hours max.

gently caress RIGHT OKAY I FORGOT

Ernie:

well he isn't the one who failed, because there's no reason for him to risk getting lynched so it's not him.

JJ:

There isn't alot of content here and I have the bad tendency to see lurking as a scumtell, so outside of him backpeddling the "let's lynch a volcano-goer" and for some reason not watching to do it because of Ernie being in the volcano group, which I don't know why that would matter, I'm not gonna say anything about him.

I'm just gonna post these 2 cases so you guys know I'm here, I'll go write more cases(ones with more words) when I get back from dinner(in like 30 minutes)
ALSO YEAH I KNOW THESE CASES SUCK, I literally picked the ones with the least content first because im lazy

HiipFire fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 21, 2014

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

MORE CASES AND poo poo

Asiina

Asiina posted:

Ixt is a scum. Makes a bunch of definitive scum calls, has voted for nobody but himself.

Afraid of accidentally cuddling a scumbuddy?
I'm not gonna lie, but this is post is pretty scummy to me.
I can't see why scumhunting but not voting is a scumtell.

Also she's done barely anything to actually help town outside of telling people that Ecco is shutting down conversation even though Ecco was atleast posting and contributing.

Scummiest out of all the volano-goers tbh

SOS

seems to have done little to nothing outside of calling me and someone else out on talking about hunches and not outing those hunches

Dugong

He called people out for setup speculation and nothing else really.

Opop

My only definite townread, seems to actually scumhunt and he doesn't seem to be cutting corners or anything.

Ecco

My god this motherfucker has alot of posts
I'm not gonna read through 4 pages of posts, so I'm just gonna say I gut-read him as town

SO YEAH IM GOING TO ##vote Asiina

if you want any of these cases to be longer than one/two sentences just ask me thanks!!!!

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

well if you need extra reasons

She hops on the Ixt bandwagon

Asiina posted:

##vote Ixt

I will check in periodically before deadline, but I doubt it'll matter.

I still think Ecco is scum though.

After the lynch fails Ixt says this

Ixtlilton posted:

The scum are probably Asiina, and maybe bowmore or Punti. The other people can wait.

And with only that to go off of she says this to try to restart the bandwagon

Asiina posted:

Yeah actually I'm feeling stronger about this.

##vote Ixt

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

well I don't think that's a good reason and I had already mentioned it so I didn't include it in the 2nd post

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Puntification posted:

These also feel pretty fake to me, asiina is the most scummy but hiip can't be bothered to read ecco's posts because there are too many so hiip's saying they have a gut-read of town on him based on not reading?
as in I'm not re-reading his posts.

also when talking about cutting corners im talking about not cutting corners when actually casing

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Asiina posted:

I am getting genuinely frustrated with how much I'm being suspected because I feel liek I've been trying really god drat hard this game and it feels like one after another I have people just jumping at me throwing "you are 100% a scum" down my throat over something as stupid as "lol ernie died." And then saying "you haven't been scum hunting/genuinely towny."

It's freaking ridiculous especially considering how little I actually scum hunt compared to how much i town hunt and I've had to post with my head on the block the entire game with little space to breathe if at all and it's really difficult to deal with, and I've also been in what feels like MAJOR contention for scum candidate but at the same time no one seems to be trying very hard to lynch me ever since ernie died. none of that strikes you as odd whatsoever? All that's been in the thread is soft pushes/hard stances on asiina but I receive like two votes and then suddenly I'm not a candidate anymore? No one seems to think anything of that?

I have invested a lot of time effort and sleep loss in this game and god damnit I am not going to let the first time I am mislynched in months be the CPig/8bux game because people feel like suspecting me for reasons.

I mean Jfc does no one remember the time I was railroaded into the dirt as town vigilante and claimed serial killer? SOME TIMES I AT SCUMMY AS A TOWN.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

I mean if you say so

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

what

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Is the voting plurality again or no?

also
##vote Asiina

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

everyone wanted JJ dead apparently

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

dead motherfucker

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

bowmore posted:

I'm going to go on record and say full claims are stupid as poo poo especially in a game where the scum don't know who the other scum are

hey guys he's right you know

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

merk is roleplaying as thingyman from 2+2 now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

well i sucked this game

• Locked thread