Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Me me me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Stop posting Bowmore. Save it until the game starts.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

You sure? I don't want you to use your game quota up before D1.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

It would be very unlike anyone in Australia to have a snowball.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

A schattenjaeger?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Yay. I'm here and I'm a good guy.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Vig PMush so she has time to go mod her games.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Isn't that a bit disrespectful to the people who are making an effort to play your game?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Zap literally anyone else for several reasons.

1) his posting right now is amusing
2) he's an active player when games get started and I'm fed up of playing with lurkers
3) vigging him now would achieve what exactly? If he's town there is nothing to discuss, if he's scum it's a lucky shot.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

Vig Met for all our sakes.

I think Somber can be really on point when he actually tries and don't want him vigged, but I also really hate this posting thing he's doing (sorry Somber).

Geez Asiina, I thought we were girl-bro's but if you can't recognise true brilliance I'm going to have to reconsider.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm here

Glad you joined the game.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

bowmore posted:

Ask for a free sample bottle and lapse into unconsciousness

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I don't think Ernie's mindset is a town mindset. I completely don't agree with his argument that town should try to look a little scummy. I think he is approaching the game from a mindset of how, as scum, does he identify his buddies.

##vote Ernie

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

merk posted:

I generally disfavor arguments that are based on disagreements over general mafia theory. I also disagree with Ernie, but I don't think he's scum for trying to advance that strategy. A better argument for Ernie being scum would be what Ecco said on the last page. What do you think about that argument?

Not sure what you are referring to specifically. Do you mean where Ecco said that townies trying to be scummy is stupid? Because yes I agree with that and I'm not sure how it is a different case for Ernie being scum than what I just said.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

Terrordon sees no merit in your reasoning,

Why not?

Also, I really hope the end result of your naming of those peons (or whatever they are) is Krakatoa.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

It's a game where scum try to make town act against their own best interests. I think that was what you were promoting.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

But Ernie stuff has happened since then, and again, he's in the lead, so.

This is really scummy. It's not scum hunting at all to just dismiss any other cases because someone else has the most votes. Especially when Ernie only has 4 of the required 12.

##vote Ecco

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

The Ernie case is my case you dummy.

I'm not talking about you dismissing the Ernie case, but the Ixt case, you dummy.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

I'm "dismissing" the Ixt case because I didn't like it as much as the Ernie case. That Ernie had more votes is just another boon.

Context is importantttt

It was hardly that many votes that it required you repeating that point instead of, oh I don't know, maybe restating the merits of your case instead.

You're talking about Ernie's lead as if he has so many votes, and anyone else so few that his lynching is almost inevitable. As if people should vote him because there's a case floating out there somewhere and, hey there really aren't many other choices.

I think your posting is designed to make votes on Ernie more likely without having to restate your case, or update it in light of his additional posting.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

I restated the Ernie case last page. I defended it this page.

I said in three posts that Ernie has more votes.

You're being silly.

Gee I find your arguments so convincing when you keep calling me names.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

Post less like someone who wasn't paying attention, then? It's really easy.

God forbid someone have a different opinion to you.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I like the Ixt case is better than the Ernie case. I think Punt's case is good.

##vote Ixt

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I am literally blown away*

*not really

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

Actually, f_v, are you scum? Now that I think about it you've said before that you don't think I have it in me for a long scum game, but you're voting on D1 here and there's going to either be a lazy bandwagon or a no-lynch coming up.

Huh?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

The activity was witchhunting that ended in a D1 dayvig ending as D1 dayvigs tend to. He hasn't posted anything since then though, but same with like half the thread. Including the octopus dude who had a weird jokevote fight with a dude and I thought they were scum together until I realized the scum don't know each other.

So, do you think anyone you talked about here is scum? You don't seem to have given any actual opinions.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

I'd find the quote if I weren't lazy, but you've totally said that as a justification to not vote me D1 before.

Dude you have an elephant memory. I have no memory of saying anything like that (not that I doubt you, I just wouldn't remember if I had)

I'm not sure why voting you today makes me scum.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Dr. Hurt posted:

So aside from Fier and Ixt who is actually here?? Because barring some kind of miracle there's no way we're making it to those 12 votes.

And I'm going before deadline because I have a meeting.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

It's not a 100% solid case, it's maybe a B- Day 1 case, and honestly I'm willing to table it to later (especially if Meinberg actually does get an extra daykill).

EccoRaven posted:

But how could anyone figure out in the first few posts of Day 1 who was scummy and who wasn't?

I don't know Ecco, how did you come up with your solid B- case on Ernie based on his first couple of posts?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

I have two confessions to make.

First, I have barely been reading the thread, because of complicated real life bullshit that have got me avoiding anything too complex or straining. (This is also why I haven't updated my games yet.) So, I skimmed, and I'm going on gut reads, because that's all I've got.

Second, I already put in my night action. I said I can punch monsters, and I told the truth.

I punched Ernie.

Why choose Ernie?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

So you didn't believe his claim/thought he could be scum with that power anyway?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

I'm a robot!

We know you are, but we are talking about flavour in this game.

Thank you folks, I'll be here all week.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Yawn, try harder.

Oh no, was I snarky again? Sorry friend!!!!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

Be nice, f_v. Also, I liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive. The cow's out of the bag, and evil will be udderly destroyed and rent apart in my four stomachs of doooooooooooooom.

Fine, but only since you asked Ixt. Nice puns, btw

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Opopanax posted:

I support killing JJ tomorrow because he was rude to me

Pistols at dawn.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

Nah.

Assuming all townies (and survivors) said "success!" and all scum went "failure!", then that means 1 out of the 6 players on the list are scum.

That's a big assumption and your maths immediately fails if it is incorrect.

I think ruling 6 people out of being lynched based on an unprovable assumption is a bad idea.

Why not just leave everyone in the game up for consideration?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

The case against you is that you ended yesterday seeming really, really, really certain that Opop was probably scum. Sure, maybe you didn't notice the sabotage, and when you did you paused, but you rightly conclude a second later "ernie probably wouldn't sabotage it" (this is an assumption everyone is assuming but it's worth reminding people it's an assumption). So why didn't you immediately turn on Opop?

It's just weird.

I like that you're not a loon though, thank you, it's really not very hard right? Gosh some people.

So your case on JJ is that he didn't immediately double down on his D1 claim that Opop was 100% scum?

I took JJ's 100% comment as a joke response to my post. Why are you so convinced that he was completely sold on Opop as scum that you are basing your whole case on it?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

##vote Meinberg

Two reasons.

First, his use of the vig was scummy. He didn't attempt to discern player alignment before using it, he just saw a player he could shoot with no blowback and did it.

Second, this post just comes across as awkward and an attempt to say something without actually getting involved in the game.

Meinberg posted:

A Sunday deadline? Why I never!

Things have been pretty quiet, so I don't have any new thoughts, but I'll think real hard, and try to come up with something.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Who do you think is scum then?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

Also, rude.

EccoRaven posted:

This is because players are terrible but unfortunately it only takes a few to spoil it for the rest of us.

The cognitive dissonance that Ecco can sustain is quite magnificent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

What's happening is players, aware the setup is unorthodox, rather than rallying together and trying their hardest, are preemptively giving up. "We can't make connections," they're telling themselves, "so what's the point?"

Actually, I made a case on Meinberg. Let's discuss it.

• Locked thread