Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I don't care what I look like. I'm telling you how an ideal scum player would be playing this game. IF you think I'm doing that, then vote me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Ixtlilton posted:

merk at least starts with a decent point, even if I don't think it holds up with what happened with Ecco's case on Ernie and what it was based on though.

What does this mean? What happened?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
how

what

happened

Can you show some work here? My case on Ecco came in day 2. How does it start from a good point if it's wrong based on what happened on day 1?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hey just vote Ecco.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
How has a lynch not happened in this game yet? It's been like twelve real life days.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dugong posted:

My confidence in the Hiip vote is lessened by the others voting

##vote Dugong

I did this yesterday, and I'll do it again today: :h:I am more confident than I've been in months in a day 2 case that Dugong is scum.:h: This post is the only one you need to read.

Dugong is playing like a Survivor. He picked out one person to case and has lightly gone after that person over the last couple of days. He isn't making any attempt to actually persuade anyone to do anything.

Dugong posted:

So scum don't know each other. What do we think is the advantage for them to balance this out?

I'm not sure it would be more vanilla mafia than normal as the gimmick would then become SKs who have to share a kill.

I'm thinking stronger powers for the mafia instead. This has the additional problem of town powers being devalued by role blockers, drivers etc. It could just be they get more shots of their powers.

The randomly selected night is interesting. Combined with not knowing each other it opens up the possibility of scum killing their own members.

Pointless discussion of the setup.

Dugong posted:

I think Meinberg should have waited longer to use the vig but the discussion would have still been how much Met would ruin the game if he was still alive.

Pointless comment.

Dugong posted:

Nah I disagree with Ernie. Each player has different views of what is and isn't scummy. By saying that everyone should act scummy it just makes the later days harder as anyone can use the defence of "oh I was told to act scummy".

The probability is that a scum won't get killed by their own at night but they won't all vote for the same target anyway. Acting scummy is not the right way to go.

Pointless general mafia disagreement.

Dugong posted:

No. If the result had been 7 sabotage, we would have known that all 7 people were 3p or scum because town has no notice to vote sabotage. With a result like this, scum could have been trying to blend because they expected someone to say what you just said. They have a motive to vote support.

Actually your post is weird. On d1 you rightly had a go at me for the blind mafia discussion but you are doing a similar thing here. The benefit of supporting is unknown.

Dugong posted:

Nope, you're making assumptions. 3p may have motivation to not support. Ignoring the majority of the players in this game isn't smart.

What if people didn't volunteer just so they could pull this tactic today?

Pointless argument over a pointless stupid pointless thing with the volcano stupidity.

Here's his reads in the thread so far:

Dugong posted:

What are your secret hunches then? My top choice to lynch is still Hiip but Meinberg has used his vig and disappeared.

That's where he is. He thinks Hiip is scum but maybe Meinberg with that vig you guys I don't know. Come the gently caress on.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dugong posted:

My confidence in the Hiip vote is lessened by the others voting

Oh, this post is scummy because he's waving a hand over other content as scummy but not analyzing any of it. He's trying to make it look like he's figuring out alignment when in reality he's just trying to say small nothings to go unnoticed.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
hi

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Probably.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Vote the guy I'm voting. Come on.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Wow. Have I earned no respect? Dugong will flip scum boys.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Fuuuuuuuuuuuck uuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Dugong

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Opo why don't you like the dugong case

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Opopanax posted:

Right. But merk has been doing a pretty crummy job this game, and voting for him tomorrow if we mislynch on his advice is, uh, really loving stupid

What exactly about my game has been crummy?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Was the Dr. Hurt case "crummy"?

Is the Dugong case "crummy"?

What exactly is crummy about these two cases?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

That's not really what I said. While I get the impression that you're town I think it's disingenuous to say that merk has been doing a bad job.

Why do you think he's town? A hand wave over my play this game as 'crummy' seems like he read a few Ecco posts and wants to follow that without any real thought.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

Gut. In my experience Opop is a very bad at mafia as town and just lurks as scum. Nothing more than a feeling though.

In this game, where scum do not know other scum, isn't this meta stuff completely pointless?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Somb

I think his Opo read is made up.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
How is Ecco still alive?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote bowmore

I am a Random Cop and investigated bowmore last night. He is not town.

n1 I investigated Dr. Hurt, not town
n2 I investigated Asiina, town

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I can't control my target. It is still night but I was given my result.

It would be amazing if I die tonight.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I made that up, was trying to see Asiina's reaction to being called Town (if he was scum he'd think I was his scum buddy). He didn't do anything.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote opo

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
bowmore is a good kill if someone has a kill.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm Vanilla

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am Terrordon too

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I meant that Terrordon is my flavor (even though it's listed under the Role part of the PM because CPig is a bad bad). The "You are" line of the PM says I'm Vanilla.

Player: merk
Role: Terrordon

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I don't even know what Terrordon is.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote suck

ok

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I wasn't lying. Bowmore is scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok I'll come clean. I had my alignment switch with bowmore. I'm town now. I was scum.

##vote bowmore

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I was told.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Last night.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Yup lying again

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote ixt

Setups where scum don't know each other are boring setups. We can't do anything with flips.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

bowmore posted:

merk is a liar

That's all I got

Counterpoint: lawyer

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Game was not fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Once I finally accepted that I was Survivor hunting instead of scum hunting, I lost interest. bowmore was pretty clearly playing like a Survivor. Dugong was just lazy I guess.

• Locked thread