Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

You turn the corner and see a greenskinned fuckmidget.
Roll for initiative.

Neo New York City, 20XX

Cayden Fujitawa-Romney sits peacefully on his Aeron Egg. Sipping from his Pepsi True(C) bottle the thought pops into his head that life is good and it's all thanks to global warming. Yeah the changes were drastic, but thanks to some good old fashioned ingenuity and the combined technological knowhow of his Intrellex Technologies and the TechnoRepublic of Cyberia everything worked out for the best. The drastic terraforming and weather controls put into place saved billions and made him billions in the process. Not even the sibling combo of Credenza and Gorb Gates can beat him on the "Wealthiest Humans on and off the Planet" list! Cayden activated his hover controls and prepared to travel from his study pod to the bedroom - where he was sure to have a peaceful rest.

The Middle of the Pacific Ocean, the same 20XX

Bubbles have begun to form in a small corner of the ocean rarely trawled by anything except for a few random cargo ships. These bubbles start slowly but begin to surge faster and faster and with an ever-expanding number. It's obvious to any sea life around that some poo poo is going down - or rather RAISING UP. In a matter of hours an island the size of Louisiana has rose from the depths. That would be strange enough, but even stranger is how fast the island becomes filled with life and vegetation - some of which had never been seen before. If scientists knew about the island before the events below occurred they would have noticed the soil's strange composure - almost filled with gamma radiation - and how it mutated the organisms that flopped on its shore.

The Island, now named MONSTER ISLAND, the same 20XX but a few days later

Once again something strange is happening on this mysterious island. As if it were a magical plot device it seems to call out to special individuals. All manner of monster, robot, outer space creature, mutant, and other gigantic things seem drawn to the space. While nobody knows how it is all happening, they all know the reason they are being summoned.

THEY
MUST
BATTLE

Welcome to CLASH AT MONSTER ISLAND - A Capitalist Pig and Eight Dollars collabo!
This will be a 23 player game and you probably don't want to miss this, I mean seriously, come out of retirement for this.

In the words of the poster for Clash of the Titans, "Titans Will Clash" for the fate of the world. Some of the 23 players will be trying to save the Planet(-aligned). Other players will be evil and want only for pure Destruction(-aligned). Still others may have their own plans for this radical rock we all call Monster Island. As this is a CPig game there will be some role craziness and like all 8bux games the majority of your flavor doesn't matter in the least. Go crazy with it!

SA rules and standard mafia rules apply: no talking out of thread, no copy-pasting PMs, no toxxing, no editing,No joke fake rear end day actions either you fucks!

Some specifics:
Days will generally be 24 - 72 hours
Nights will be 24ish hours or earlier depending on when actions come in.
Deadlines will generally be between 10pm and midnight EST
Try not to lurk, I'm a little more lenient than many mods but if you dont say words in the thread in 48 rl hours ill probably be bothering or replacing you (After day 2 I will modkill instead of replace)
Lynches will be assigned randomly and announced at the beginning of each day, they will either be plurality, majority, or lights out and nights will be open.

Now with the power of cpigs crazy setup and 8 dollars flavorful stylings let the signups begin!
If you presigned I forgot and you need to come in here and sign up again.

A few quirky specifics:

Scum will NOT know who the other scum are and cannot talk to each other out of thread, The scum kill will consist of all members of the scumteam pming me a kill choice each night, the majority will win, in the event of no majority I will rng the kill from the choices presented.

ALSO every single power role in this game is x-shot with few exceptions.

Player List
  1. Asiina
  2. AtrociousToaster
  3. bowmore
  4. Dr. Hurt
  5. Dugong
  6. EccoRaven
  7. Ernie.
  8. EXAKT Science
  9. fiery_valkyrie
  10. HiipFire
  11. Ixtlilton
  12. Mad Rancher
  13. Meinberg
  14. merk
  15. Met
  16. Monathin
  17. Motley --Peta
  18. Opopanax
  19. Poison Mushroom
  20. Puntification
  21. Somberbrero
  22. The Science of Suck
  23. Tremendous Taste

CapitalistPig fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Nov 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

whoops, lol

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

Mad Rancher posted:

P.S. for anyone who doesn't know, I'm JJ.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

Ok that's it we have our roster. I'll send out role pms later tonight or tomorrow.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

PM's have been sent, take some time to digest your roles and the game will start tomorrow sometime.

Ernie.

Clean your loving PMS out bro.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

Day Event: KRAKA-SOW-A

The Tropical Zone

Something is stirring inside the aforementioned volcano in the middle of the zone. Something... porky. Could it be that the great skin of Hogzilla survived its shove into a lava bath? Could Hogzilla's bacon not be as fried as everyone thought?

Nope.

It appears we've got a stew going, and one that's fixin' to overflow it's pot at that! This is bad news for all of Monster Island. If that volcano is allowed to go off it could be extremely dangerous. Who knows what could happen!

It will take 7 Monsters/Robots to stop the volcano from erupting!

Event Rules
  • The first 7 monsters/robots who ##volunteer will be chosen to go up to the volcano to stop it from erupting.
  • If one of the volunteers is smashed/puppy cuddled the next person to volunteer after the flip will take their place.
  • Players who volunteer will be unable to do a night action tonight.
  • During the night each volunteer will send CPig either ##support or ##sabotage the mission.
  • If 7 players choose to support the mission, the volcano will be filled up and there will be a benefit. If less than 7 players choose support the mission will fail and there will be consequences.

CapitalistPig fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Nov 15, 2014

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

One spot left!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

Ernie. posted:

Are we told how many supports or sabotages happen?

Yes

You will not be made aware exactly what the benefit or consequence was however.

Volunteers
Ecco
Ernie.
JJ
Opop
SOS
Asiina
Dugong

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

Meinberg posted:

A Sunday deadline? Why I never!

Technically its a Monday deadline.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

Ernie. posted:

in conclusion: who puts a deadline on a sunday night and also i am off to work

Monday morning.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

Votecount for Day 1

Ixtlilton (9): merk, Somberbrero, Ernie., Ernie., merk, Puntification, fiery_valkyrie, EccoRaven, Dr. Hurt, Ixtlilton, Asiina, bowmore, merk
Puntification (2): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, AtrociousToaster, AtrociousToaster, Opopanax
Meinberg (2): Tremendous Taste, AtrociousToaster
Ernie. (1): EccoRaven, The Science of Suck, fiery_valkyrie, bowmore, fiery_valkyrie, EccoRaven, bowmore
HiipFire (1): Puntification, Dugong, Puntification
Poison Mushroom (1): AtrociousToaster, Poison Mushroom, AtrociousToaster
EccoRaven (1): Asiina, Ernie., fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie, Asiina
Opopanax (1): Mad Rancher
Somberbrero (0): Puntification, Puntification, The Science of Suck, The Science of Suck
Dr. Hurt (0): merk, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, merk
EXAKT Science (0): Puntification, Poison Mushroom, Puntification, Poison Mushroom
Motley (0): Dr. Hurt, Dr. Hurt
AtrociousToaster (0): Puntification, Puntification

Not Voting (4): HiipFire, Meinberg, Monathin, Motley

With 22 alive, it's 12 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 17th, 2014 at midnight EST -- that's in about 14 minutes.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

November 17, 20XX, The Desert Zone of Monster Island

A small tumbleweed rolls across the ground. There is nothing to stop it as it just rolls and rolls and rolls and rolls and rolls and... IT is at peace, happily rolling like nothing else would ever bother it. All this blank empty space, shoulda sent a poet but they just sent a single solitary tumbleweed. Yup

Seven monsters travel up to stop the volcano. What will happen will be discovered after night is done. Send CPig all your actions if you have them!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

Just a reminder.

Nights are open.

Get those actions in.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

PETA Replaces MOTLEY

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

Heres the flip, there will be flavor when 8bux comes around and reads my messages to him.

Dr Hurt - Codename: Waves of Grain - Self Aligned U.S. Military 2-Shot Juggernaut/2-Shot Ninja Serial Killer was killed on N1!

Poison Mushroom - The Unspeakable Horror - Planet-Aligned Paranoid Gun Owner/2-Shot Night Vigilante was killed on N1!

Ernie. - Lady Liberty - Self Aligned Animated Statue of Liberty - Liberty-Aligned Charger/Survivor was killed on N1

(Charger - Every night you may target a player. If they have a limited ability you will increase the numbers of times they can use their power by one)

Its now Day 2!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

Volcano Results (again more flavor when 8bux comes around)

6 Succeed
1 Sabotage

An unknown effect has happened!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

Hey guys! I forgot to tell you what the lynch method is today!

its ~Plurality~

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

Jj was Planet-Aligned Miller/2-Shot Tracker!

Flavor forthcoming when 8bux gets it ready.

Its night 2, do the thing.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

November 23, 20XX PandoMillisecond.com

Xeeto's IPO Goes Bust, Is This the New Tech Bubble?
by Sarah Lacy Jr.

We can all agree that Silicon Valley is great and never does anything wrong. In a perfect capitalist society anyone who would ever critisize the noble disruptor would be taken aside and sent to the Social media mines digging for likes and favs. Sometimes, however, there comes a bit of evidence that maybe not every whiz kid is what he says.

This is the case for Atticus Toast. It was just a few months ago that Toast was talking about the latest disruption. Xeeto was on everybody's lips at the Grove and at IceBar. He got millions from investors who wanted to see the Giant Robot biz disrupted in a pure way. But it may be that the gleam of the crowdsourced missles got in our eyes, because during it's first betatest Xeeto failed miserably. It barely graces the Top 100 on the app store and the giant robot unions have been protesting.

It also doesn't help that the recent press about Toast claiming that he's "too busy" to take interviews has left a bad taste in the mouth of the technorati and bilennials have rejected it - beferring Xeeto's competitor SnapBotly.

It's this humble reporters opinion Xeeto... is finito.

AtrociousToaster (Xeeto: The Social Robot) Planet-Aligned 2-Shot Robot Cop was modkilled N2!

ALSO

Puntification - Planet-Aligned 2-Shot Lynchproof Robot was smashed last night!!

(awaiting 8bux delicious flavors)

Its day 3, go hog wild.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

Sorry I keep forgetting to do it when the day starts

todays lynch is Plurality again

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

Meinberg Planet-Aligned 2-Shot Day Vigilante was puppy cuddled !

Flavor soon, its night , get em in.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

Just a reminder , its night. Im opening the game at 1100pm est whether or not they are all in or not.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

Ok

Peta - V-128762: The Slime from Beyond the Stars!!! - Chaos-Aligned 2-Shot Bastard/Survivor was modkilled for inactivity!
Bastard = At night you can select two people to target. Those people will then switch alignments

Eccoraven - Beautiful Shining Star Rangers Take Flight - Planet aligned 2 shot doctor was killed on n3!

8bux flavor forthcoming

its day 4

todays randomly generated cuddle style is MAJORITY

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

Question, given that its friday and the day after a holiday (for some)

would you, the players, like an extension on the deadline?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

Ixtlilton
November 17, 20XX Olympia, Kanga Rat Society
Memo from William Kidd, Head of Amalgamated Meatjuice Inc. to Stockholders

Gentlemen,

There comes a time in an industry when something happens that changes the very nature, the very fate of a company for the better. Think about when King Pepsi the VI finally slayed Baron von Spritestein in the great duel or when Yamaha realized The-Dream made a song about comparing a woman's rear end to their bikes and mandated all bikes would play it at start up. Groundbreaking things.

This, I say, is our moment.

The brilliant scientists down in our research division have sent me satellite photos of the supposed "Monster Island." Why I dare say it should be called "Meatjuice Paradise Island" if we should have anything to say about it. Imagine if you will the pictures I have on my desk right now. They are glorious. Giant hogs the size of skyscrapers and, most recently, a cow bigger than even the largest of our yachts. The island is even cooking them to the precise, most delicious temperature for our enjoyment as I speak!

This is the time we need to strike, when we can finally get the advantage over those clods in Meat Futures Enterprises. We send a strike crew and some giant trawlers - grab us enough ribs, ground beef and steaks that we can bring and... I will just say I smell the future and it is MEATY.

I have attached the following mission plan. Please look over it and be prepared to talk about it at the next board meeting.

-William

Ixtlilton (Moothera, The Battle Bovine) Vanilla planet aligned Monster was smashed D4!

It is now night 4, please give me your actions.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

A Faded Planet, Floating in the Cold Grasp of Space

It's a wonderful solar system - eight planets, pieces of debris, a few broken mechanical objects (some as large as the moons they are in orbit with). It was once a promising zone with the possibility for great things. It could have even reached enlightenment given a couple more years and a few revolutions.

One planet in particular had great potential - a small orb that use to be filled with blue-green color. Now it's just grey, quiet and calm. Its inhabitants are long gone - either consumed, stomped or destroyed. The things that did this are long gone. Some may have died in the fighting after the fact. Others probably escaped back to their dimension. Nobody knows really.

But let's zoom in on a single island of this small rock. Nobody knows or cares about this now, but it was the very beginning of the planet's terrible destruction. If an ancient traveler wandered on this island they would see thousand of battle scars.

The skeleton of a giant woman.
The remains of three very similar dinosaurs - one older, one hip and with it, and one robotic.
The shell of a humongous crab.
The carapace of a giant moth.

But there are more planets, more things to discover, why focus on this nonimportant hunk of rock when there's a whole universe to explore? I know a station down on Elkin IV where the spacedrinks will blow your mind!

HiipFire (Gargantu-Anne, The 49-ft Tall Woman) 2-shot Planet-Aligned Bulletproof Giant Woman
merk (Terrordon, The Original Giant Dino) Vanilla Planet-Aligned Dinosaur
Asiina (MechaTerrordon, Terrordon but a Robot) Vanilla Planet-Aligned Robot Dinosaur
Somberbrero (Terrordon 2000, Terrordon but American) Vanilla Planet-Aligned Dinosaur
fiery_valkyrie (Red Helen, the Kind of Boring Moth) Planet-Aligned Vanilla Giant Moth
Dugong (Weak Spot, the Giant Enemy Crab) Planet-Aligned Vanilla Giant Crab

...has been destroyed.

and

has been endgamed!

Which means...

Opopanax (Dark Chaos-X, the Ultimate in Evil Technology) Destruction-Aligned 2-Shot Hider/2-Shot Jailer Robot
bowmore (The Great Metaphor for Miscegenation!!!) Destruction-Aligned 2-Shot Poisoner/2-Shot Framer Giant Monkey
EXAKT Science (Sekira, the Three-Headed Dragon) Destruction-Aligned 2-Shot Busdriver/2-Shot Roleblocker Monster!
Monathin (Role: Mnelvth, He Who Catnaps Forever) Destruction-Aligned Backup Multidimenional Being
Science of Suck (Giganticus, the Elder Cyclops) Destruction-Aligned Godfather/2-Shot Bulletproof Cyclops

have won the game!

The Ghost/Mod/Setup doc is here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CfmiB7R0v_nMShwUDZmwl0aasgLUjhISSoh7uWdVarw/edit#gid=0

Mostly this game came from me wanting to see what would happen if scum didn't know each other and there was an alignment swapping role.

Then I thought it might be cool to make everything x-Shot and have a role that recharges them.

I think that were I to run this setup in the future I would give scum and town both a charger and make the bastard the only 3p.

Also, I probably shouldn't have made the cop Robot only considering the only miller and godfather were both not robots.

All In all I think that some of the key roles were gone too soon or not utilised.

It was fun flavor and enjoyable to run.

8bux/cpig mod buddies 2014.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

Opopanax posted:

It was a couple ideas that would have been good individually but did not work well together. Which would probably make me a hypocrite to complain about

I said that very thing to punt in the ghost doc, The ideas would be much better individually.

• Locked thread