Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Man Dancer
Apr 22, 2008
The recorded play time at the end of the first stage resembles mine. I remember being mortified about missing anything, and I still had a physical reaction when you ended the stage: I could have sworn that you missed a key item here, but it's actually in the second level.

I've recently started playing the Mage Knight board game, and that game definitely gives the same vibe: lots of relatively simple and distinct mechanics almost (but not quite) adding up to a totally overwhelming cognitive load.

This is making me want to break out my busted old fat DS to see if I can get this game running again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Dancer
Apr 22, 2008
Really enjoying the careful, detailed, and deliberate approach to this LP. I don't think this is one that could be presented fast and loose, especially as frontloaded as the mechanics are.

I mean this in the best way: It feels like a great series of Youtube tutorials for some really arcane piece of corporate software.

Man Dancer
Apr 22, 2008
I do watch these videos at 1.5 speed, but don't feel bad; it means the battle sections look like they are being played by a goddamn sorcerer.

Man Dancer
Apr 22, 2008
I have finally been cracking open boxes after a recent move, and I found my original Tome of Lost Souls! Pretty spoily, but it is fun to be able to see all the knightly orders together and figure out where everyone is. The depth of this games' lore and systems are bananas, especially considering that the main production team was a handful of people.

Man Dancer
Apr 22, 2008
Lyzz is my vote as well.

Man Dancer
Apr 22, 2008
We believe in you, HaroldofTheRock!

Man Dancer
Apr 22, 2008
I'm curious, how much are you messing with the weapon crafting/enhancing stuff at this point in the game? Is it just too fussy to manage, taking into account Rush effects, etc.?

Man Dancer
Apr 22, 2008
Do we ever find out if text that appears after a fight accompanied by the creaking (rocking chair?) sound is supposed to represent a particular character speaking to the Wisp?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Dancer
Apr 22, 2008
Thanks Harold. This not only a great LP, it feels like an LP of Record. This definitely seems destined to become one of the seminal historical artifacts/sources for this game along with the Tome of Lost Souls.

• Locked thread