Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korthal
May 26, 2011

Like what was seriously going through Iwata's mind when he let Miyamoto take that steamy dump all over his chest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

i dont think the chuckle fucks that post in the imp zone can have a serious discussion about wii music. sorry op

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Wii Music was fun the one time I played it with some friends.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Korthal posted:

Like what was seriously going through Iwata's mind when he let Miyamoto take that steamy dump all over his chest?

:stonk:

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I'm still not sure how the hell you play this game. Do you just...move the wiimote in rhythm with the music? Is...is that it?

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

*hitting my hand on my chest and making retard noises* im still not sure how you play wii music

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

its funny how so many music games end up getting so goddamn difficult on the hardest difficulties that it ends up easier to just play the song on a real instrument or learn the dance routine instead of running in place at 20mph and then nintendo comes along and trolls the poo poo out of rhythm gamers with donkey konga and wii music

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

wii music is a lot of fun and you can jam with people that can't play instruments, i'm serious

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
like seriously

I've only ever seen that E3 video and that's it. Is there actual gameplay or is it just a goof-off funsies waggle game? Because that's totally fine, but I just wanna know.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Miyamoto was sad during the GameCube era.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

do you think when pikmen take a hit of e they become pikemen?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Mach2 posted:

like seriously

I've only ever seen that E3 video and that's it. Is there actual gameplay or is it just a goof-off funsies waggle game? Because that's totally fine, but I just wanna know.
youre right its pretty simple

you can play a bunch of different instruments and they all have different ways of using the wiimote, and you goof around and play along with the songs

its kinda neat

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
it almost feels like one of the toys from rhythm heaven or game and wario, but expanded into a full game

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Mach2 posted:

like seriously

its not even a game, you pick a track and you can kinda just do whatever you want on top of it. you can't really choose what note you play but you can go up or down the scale a little to harmonize and have some freedom to rearrange the song. also it has 4 player and you can go back and dub new instruments over the song you just played, and that's sick

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

loving hell

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Like, what would happen if you put the wiimote into a paint shaker, would the game just interpret it as you playing a dragonforce song?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Korthal posted:

Like, what would happen if you put the wiimote into a paint shaker, would the game just interpret it as you playing a dragonforce song?
it would sound bad

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Korthal posted:

I imagine the wiimote would get crushed by the mechanism holding it in place or torn apart by the intense waggle forces you put on it.

You monster.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Korthal posted:

Please respect Wiimotes

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
of all the things that sucked in skyward sword, the wii music minigame poo poo is probably the worst

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
I think the point where you start to have a serious discussion about Wii music is the point that you stop having fun in life.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Can we have a discussion about music from Wii Games?

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Super Smash Brothers Brawl for Nintendo Wii has a soundtrack of over 200 pieces of music, lovingly handpicked from Ninendo's back catalogue and rearranged by some of Japan's top composers.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Aston posted:

Super Smash Brothers Brawl for Nintendo Wii has a soundtrack of over 200 pieces of music, lovingly handpicked from Ninendo's back catalogue and rearranged by some of Japan's top composers.
Yet it still doesn't have a single song from Final Fantasy, what the hell.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

No More Heroes also had a great soundtrack, here are a couple of sick ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSfbb3WHClE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsV9ItRSb-4

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Wii Music is fine as a waggle non-game or whatever but it's pretty funny that at a critical point in the Wii's lifespan Nintendo made that the centerpiece of E3 and had a clearly senile Miyamoto babble about it and then jam onstage with someone called Ravi Drums.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
When I'm playing wii music I'm all

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Wii Music is fun when you are trying to make the songs sound as bad as possible. At least, that's how I played it.

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

I had Guitar Hero for the Wii it was good.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Wii music was fun to mess around with.

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Gimbal lock posted:

When I'm playing wii music I'm all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw_Bd-13YCk

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i'm fantastic at playing the skin flute, definitely the best among my friends

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lets tap lets tap future tapping game

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

BoredDG posted:

I had Guitar Hero for the Wii it was good.

This statement is factually incorrect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Tender Bender posted:

Wii Music is fine as a waggle non-game or whatever but it's pretty funny that at a critical point in the Wii's lifespan Nintendo made that the centerpiece of E3 and had a clearly senile Miyamoto babble about it and then jam onstage with someone called Ravi Drums.

How long do you think it took him to start unconsciously responding to the name "Ravi Drums", like, after he made the conscious decision that he'd ask people to refer to him as "Ravi Drums".

• Locked thread