Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Are you at all offended? How do you proceed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
If you're making it gender non-specific, why does that involving disabling the urinals? Clearly it's to make a statement, but can't people use whichever they prefer.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Volcott posted:

I piss on the sign while standing up, then add another sign that penes are gender non-specific too.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'd piss in the sink.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
why cant ladies use urinals? equality please.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Why does it say that they're "offline"? Do they have wi-fi access? What for?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I know someone who took a poo poo in a urinal they're not really that gender specific.

also there is the she-wee

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Popular Thug Drink posted:

I'd piss in the sink.

also lol if you've never done this when there is a queue of guys at a club or party or whatever and you're busting and drunk / high and just skip everyone and whip it out and piss in the sink and then everyone else after you decides to do that.

gently caress yeah.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Probably more annoyed since half the time the shared bathroom stalls on campus were disgusting and as a previous poster mentioned everyone can pee standing up with the proper tools.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
I would shout "owned," fist-pump, and then write about it on my anti-SJW Tumblr page.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Is it some kind of art exhibit

Jerob
Mar 4, 2007
I wonder why the actual gender nonspecific bathroom in my building is out of order and use the toilet like a goddamn civilized human being.

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
If the bathroom is supposed to gender neutral why make it less convient for men to use it? After all neutral does not mean female-only.
I would have peed on the plastic covering if i was there alone.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Making things better for non-men always making it worse for men.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Baudolino posted:

If the bathroom is supposed to gender neutral why make it less convient for men to use it? After all neutral does not mean female-only.
I would have peed on the plastic covering if i was there alone.

Serious guess? Someone was concerned that a woman might walk in on a guy using a urinal and see something they shouldn't.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
What about the victims of the person who takes the middle urinal with 3 urinals? Or the poor sods who get stuck next to a guy who tries to talk to them while they pee?

Won't someone think of the suffering from the bathroom etiquette oppressors?

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Volcott posted:

When people make fun of college liberals: This is what they mean.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I think its stupid because the restroom itself is gender specific.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Volcott posted:

Jokes on you I piss exclusively in empty Gatorade bottles now. Think about how much water that saves, even more than a urinal.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
I would want more information - has it been made unisex because the women's bathroom on that floor is unavailable for the day due to maintenance? If so, OK, whatever, these things happen. If it's some dumb gender issues awareness stunt, I would be quietly annoyed for a bit and lower my opinion of the idiot responsible.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Doctor Butts posted:

I think its stupid because the restroom itself is gender specific.

Agreed. Personally I'm completely in favor of making gender-neutral bathrooms the norm (particularly when it comes to single user bathrooms), but this kind of militant advocacy doesn't make any sense. It raises the topic, sure, but it just alienates anyone that might support you. Walking into women's restrooms and removing all the mirrors doesn't strike a blow for gender equality - it just pisses people off.

Kaal fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Nov 12, 2014

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
gender neutral bathrooms should have a urinal anyway cause you don't want ppl with male genitals urinating on the thing other people sit on

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

JFairfax posted:

I know someone who took a poo poo in a urinal they're not really that gender specific.

also there is the she-wee

shoulda been a sheenis

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
id tear the bag the gently caress down, no one getting between me and a urinal, jfc

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
just move the sign and tear a little hole to pee through then replace the sign so as to blaze a trail for other iconoclasts

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

SET PHASERS TO "GRINDING TEDIUM"
Is it so unreasonable for toilets to be sex-specific (not gender-specific, because gender is stupid), though? I mean, the only argument against desegregated toilets that isn't bigoted or stupid comes from women who don't want to pee in the same room as men. It just so happens to be a pretty good argument. Is it actually that big a problem for women not to want a man and his penis in the bathroom stall next to them, given how many loving horrific things happen in bathrooms to women at the hands of men anyway? What is it with this small minority of (almost exclusively) young transwomen and overzealous allies who make this their pet issue and will make absolutely no concessions to the large number of women who would really rather not pee while sitting three feet away from a dude for quite obvious reasons?

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
If I walked into a bathroom and saw that, I would rip it all down, pee in the urinal, and flush it.

Your right to express your disdain for contemporary norms around bathrooms, does not trump my right to pee without sitting down if I so choose.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I'm gonna be honest, I expected this thread to go in an entirely different direction. I'm glad to see I'm not the odd man out, thinking this is unreasonable.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

im species-nonspecfic and i will smear my waste wherever i please, xir

return0
Apr 11, 2007
It would be funny to see an angry anti-SJW tear off the cover and piss in the urinal only to discover they were unavailable due to a technical fault and their piss backs up and overflows onto their shoes haha

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

return0 posted:

It would be funny to see an angry anti-SJW tear off the cover and piss in the urinal only to discover they were unavailable due to a technical fault and their piss backs up and overflows onto their shoes haha

If the urinals were broken, the sign would probably say that rather than waffling on about the bathroom being "gender non-specific" (seriously, why not use the much less clunky "unisex" ?)

psychofishhead
Oct 30, 2010

Volcott posted:

No.

psychofishhead
Oct 30, 2010

Volcott posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia1KAi01IfQ

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Volcott posted:

I'm gonna be honest, I expected this thread to go in an entirely different direction. I'm glad to see I'm not the odd man out, thinking this is unreasonable.

im glad your dumb thread blew up in your face

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Volcott posted:

I take one down and proceed to piss. Isn't that the obvious solution?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
And just why, exactly, aren't the signs language non-specific too? Seems oddly regionalist of them to leave out the esperanto. We deserve to not be discriminated against too, drat it! :argh:

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
Depends on how strict the local public urination laws are.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I wouldn't be offended, but I do think it's dumb. And I might tear off the plastic and piss there anyhow if the stalls were occupied. All they've managed to do there is reduce the capacity of that particular restroom. You want to make it all non-binary, just rip the signs off and tell everyone to piss in whichever they want.

return0
Apr 11, 2007

LemonDrizzle posted:

If the urinals were broken, the sign would probably say that rather than waffling on about the bathroom being "gender non-specific" (seriously, why not use the much less clunky "unisex" ?)

To goad someone into pissing into your hosed toilet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

return0 posted:

To goad someone into pissing into your hosed toilet.
Seems like not having any sign at all would accomplish that handily.

• Locked thread