Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

return0 posted:

To goad someone into pissing into your hosed toilet.

If someone had such a massive piss built up they could manage to fill a broken but otherwise empty urinal to overflowing, best to let that man piss wherever he likes. Better mostly in the urinal than the sink or a trashcan or all down the hallway as the poor misguided bastard runs off in search of a working one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Does this mean you can go into the women's bathroom? Or is it only the men's bathroom that is deemed "gender non-specific?"

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In the garbage, twice as fast if it doesn't have any official letters on it

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The Aardvark posted:

Does this mean you can go into the women's bathroom? Or is it only the men's bathroom that is deemed "gender non-specific?"

You can, but only if you cover up the tampon dispensers.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

My Imaginary GF posted:

I take one down and proceed to piss. Isn't that the obvious solution?

No, the correct answer is to poke the cover so its concave and lying in the urinal and piss into that.
Then leave it for the bitches to come and have to poke holes in it to drain it and get rid of pissy covered plastic.

PATRIARCHY RULES!

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

The Aardvark posted:

For some reason it is a loving crime to have gender specific bathroom fixtures in a bathroom that has been identified for use by a specific gender.

But, technically the bathroom fixtures in a women's room (and the toilets in the men's room that are not blocked off) are gender non-specific.

However, if you ask me, they could do a lot of good to design and implement female specific fixtures from all of the horror stories I've heard of women trying to piss in the ladies room in a bar.

return0
Apr 11, 2007

Strudel Man posted:

Seems like not having any sign at all would accomplish that handily.

Consider the difference in psychological impact of the two approaches on your victim.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Doctor Butts posted:

However, if you ask me, they could do a lot of good to design and implement female specific fixtures from all of the horror stories I've heard of women trying to piss in the ladies room in a bar.

Asian style toilet would be ideal for that. Imagine a urinal set horizontally into the floor if you're not familiar with them.

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003

It's kinda nice to not have to watch dudes peeing, and it's actually pretty loving weird that men's rooms are set up so dudes can pee in public like that. So I'm gonna guess this comes out of having "any women whatsoever" involved in the decision to make the restroom gender-neutral.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I'd go and use the toilet because I'm not an insecure goon-lord.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Lyesh posted:

It's kinda nice to not have to watch dudes peeing, and it's actually pretty loving weird that men's rooms are set up so dudes can pee in public like that. So I'm gonna guess this comes out of having "any women whatsoever" involved in the decision to make the restroom gender-neutral.

Most dudes don't care where they pee and would probably happily just do it outside against a wall if that was the designated area to do so.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

ReidRansom posted:

Asian style toilet would be ideal for that. Imagine a urinal set horizontally into the floor if you're not familiar with them.

Yea but squatting over a piss covered floor doesn't sound fun.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
I imagine I would chuckle at the silly exuberance of youthful undergrad activism and then I'd go pee in the toilet because I don't have some kind of weird goony insecurity about SJWs.

I definitely wouldn't create a mess for some poor janitor by pissing on the ground or soil my hands by touching a plastic sheet that was just draped over a urinal.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

ReidRansom posted:

Asian style toilet would be ideal for that.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Volcott posted:

Are you at all offended? How do you proceed?

Hard reboot the urinal by holding the handle down for three to five seconds till a gurgling sound is heard. If it's still offline after that guess I call tech support.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

i would never leave the bathroom

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Doctor Butts posted:

Yea but squatting over a piss covered floor doesn't sound fun.

Assuming we're still talking separate mens and ladies rooms, if the women are missing that bad while squatting directly over the thing, well, they probably deserve to be standing in pee.

hey, those things own. I'd have in in my place if they weren't so damned expensive. That one looks pretty nasty though.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Helsing posted:

I imagine I would chuckle at the silly exuberance of youthful undergrad activism and then I'd go pee in the toilet because I don't have some kind of weird goony insecurity about SJWs.

I definitely wouldn't create a mess for some poor janitor by pissing on the ground or soil my hands by touching a plastic sheet that was just draped over a urinal.

I can't wrap my head around this sort of backlash against something so trivial. What do you people that can't live without a urinal for ten minutes do in your own homes? Did you all buy urinals for your bathrooms? What do you do when you find a men's room without a urinal at all? Do you piss on the wall while thinking, "heh, take that Tumblr!"?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

ReidRansom posted:

hey, those things own. I'd have in in my place if they weren't so damned expensive. That one looks pretty nasty though.
You can get them with hot air dryers and heated seats too. I saw one with a button labeled 'enema mode' though. I'm not sure if that's a translation error or a cultural thing, but I'm fairly sure the button should be under a safety cover or require a key.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Wait the button just plays sound?

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

Is this one of those stunts that on campus conservative groups like to pull in order to mock serious issues of gender equity?

Like, for example, that picture that was floating around of "holiday genderless ginger people" that people actually took as being some sort of campus SJW'ing taken too far when in actuality they were part of a bake sale put on by a conservative student group to mock those ideas?

If the urinals were covered up by campus facilities (doubt it) then it was a dumb idea.

If the urinals were covered up by an on-campus student organization to make some sort of weird straw man argument about gender equality then it was a dumb idea.

If the urinals were covered up to mock gender equity then it was a dumb idea.

But regardless, expect to see this picture posted everywhere as LOL DUMB LIBERALS.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

SedanChair posted:

Wait the button just plays sound?
Yeah, there are apparently a large number of people in Japan who don't like other people to hear them making bodily function sounds, so they were holding down the flush lever permanently throughout the whole process. This wastes a ton of water so they began to install flush sound generators either on the wall or built into the toilet.

I don't know if anyone has replaced them with shart sound generators as a prank yet, but they should.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

sitchensis posted:

Is this one of those stunts that on campus conservative groups like to pull in order to mock serious issues of gender equity?

Like, for example, that picture that was floating around of "holiday genderless ginger people" that people actually took as being some sort of campus SJW'ing taken too far when in actuality they were part of a bake sale put on by a conservative student group to mock those ideas?

If the urinals were covered up by campus facilities (doubt it) then it was a dumb idea.

If the urinals were covered up by an on-campus student organization to make some sort of weird straw man argument about gender equality then it was a dumb idea.

If the urinals were covered up to mock gender equity then it was a dumb idea.

But regardless, expect to see this picture posted everywhere as LOL DUMB LIBERALS.
False flag operation, then?

Guavanaut posted:

You can get them with hot air dryers and heated seats too. I saw one with a button labeled 'enema mode' though. I'm not sure if that's a translation error or a cultural thing, but I'm fairly sure the button should be under a safety cover or require a key.
Maybe it meant bidet mode. I can see the confusion.

edit: Some interesting work on a related problem.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 12, 2014

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Guavanaut posted:

Yeah, there are apparently a large number of people in Japan who don't like other people to hear them making bodily function sounds, so they were holding down the flush lever permanently throughout the whole process. This wastes a ton of water so they began to install flush sound generators either on the wall or built into the toilet.
They really should stop making their walls out of paper.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Who What Now posted:

I can't wrap my head around this sort of backlash against something so trivial. What do you people that can't live without a urinal for ten minutes do in your own homes? Did you all buy urinals for your bathrooms? What do you do when you find a men's room without a urinal at all? Do you piss on the wall while thinking, "heh, take that Tumblr!"?

All mens rooms have urinals and if it doesn't don't touch the seat.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

ReidRansom posted:

Assuming we're still talking separate mens and ladies rooms, if the women are missing that bad while squatting directly over the thing, well, they probably deserve to be standing in pee.

In theory urinals are just as fool proof. But piss still gets everywhere somehow.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lyesh posted:

i used to go to a baseball stadium built during the 1960's in rural south carolina and the urinals there were oil drums cut in half longways, set on cinderblocks in the middle of the room, welded together at the ends to create a long trough, with one end lifted slightly and a garden hose clamped to the highest point

men do not care where they pee

Doctor Butts posted:

In theory urinals are just as fool proof. But piss still gets everywhere somehow.

if you piss to hard you cover your hands and pants with piss droplets

you have to chill to be sanitary

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
How does a urinal offend anyone though? The only thing I can think of is penis envy and honestly you girls just gotta get over that.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Like who cares that your peeing, you're in a bathroom. Don't look if it bothers you.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Shouldn't that sign read non-Sex specific? I mean what the gently caress does Gender have to do with the ability to piss standing up?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

drilldo squirt posted:

How does a urnal offend anyone though? The only thing I can think of is penis envy and honestly you girls just gotta get over that.

How does them being unavailable offend anybody? Yet here we are.

I mean I would have ripped that sign down and pißsed all over the urinals, the floor, the walls and myself just to show those stupid sjw who are behind everything I don't immediatly understand! Angry about peeing!

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Nov 12, 2014

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

katlington posted:

How does them being unavailable offend anybody? Yet here we are.

It's easier to pee in?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I'm sorry our body allows us to piss standing up and that that bothers you somehow.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
is this the part of the thread where people start softball trolling by accusing each other of being offended

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

drilldo squirt posted:

All mens rooms have urinals and if it doesn't don't touch the seat.

You can't get pregnant from a toilet seat, you know.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
You can also choose not to touch old piss.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Unless that's your thing, in which case, touch all the old piss you want buddy.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Smudgie Buggler posted:

I mean, the only argument against desegregated toilets that isn't bigoted or stupid comes from women who don't want to pee in the same room as men. It just so happens to be a pretty good argument. Is it actually that big a problem for women not to want a man and his penis in the bathroom stall next to them, given how many loving horrific things happen in bathrooms to women at the hands of men anyway? What is it with this small minority of (almost exclusively) young transwomen and overzealous allies who make this their pet issue and will make absolutely no concessions to the large number of women who would really rather not pee while sitting three feet away from a dude for quite obvious reasons?

That's not the only argument, wanting urinals because it makes the line go a ton faster seems pretty reasonable to me. And why would a man not wanting to pee next to a women be bigoted or stupid? Given we've had separated facilities since forever, I would hardly call a guy stupid and certainly not 'bigoted' for being uncomfortable with unisex bathrooms.

Who What Now posted:

I can't wrap my head around this sort of backlash against something so trivial.

it's probably because you are dumb or something idk.

I have no idea why women would want a bunch of guys pissing on their seat, seems pretty stupid to me.

Lyesh posted:

There's dividers and it's not really a big deal unless you are terrified of catching the gay.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The-Mole posted:

id tear the bag the gently caress down, no one getting between me and a urinal, jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

drilldo squirt posted:

You can also choose not to touch old piss.

Then wipe the seat and wash your hands when you're done you giant piss baby.

• Locked thread