Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure
It really sounds a LOT to me like Jay had more involvement than he said he did and that he cut a huge deal to give all his anti-Adnan testimony. I don't know who did it but his changing story and the hours(!!) of coaching he got before each interview is just insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure
A Serial quality and length look at UFOs would be The Best Thing And If You Think Otherwise You Are Wrong

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

Polish Avenger posted:

Maybe I've been tainted by way too many wrongfully convicted docs (Central Park Five, anyone?) but I would hang a jury on this case.

There is no way I've been shown beyond a reasonable doubt that Adnan Sayed killed Hae. Jay's testimony is just noise. We know he is at least an accessory because he knew where Hae's car is. That pollutes his motives and from that point it is simple to see how he could be minimizing his role/another person's role by fingering the most convenient person as the killer, Adnan. Plus he's getting mega-favors from the prosecution since he is the ONLY way they convict Adnan. Combine that with his inconsistencies on record and I give his testimony no credit at all. This is an easy "not guilty" for me.

I can't show how Adnan could not kill Hae but that's not what is supposed to put people in jail. Yet, in fact it seems like that is exactly what happened to Adnan Sayed.

(I'm not calling out anyone here trying to figure out their own theories for their own sake, I just take the point of view of a juror looking for reasonable doubt on stuff like this)

This is exactly where I'm at. Like, literally the only two hard facts in the whole case are that Hae was murdered and that Jay knew where the car was.

Every shred of evidence against Adnan, as damning as they may seem taken together, are circumstantial at best.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

ninjahedgehog posted:

http://serialpodcast.org/posts/2014/11/weather-report

Basically, her memory of talking to Adnan in the library is specifically tied to the fact that it snowed that night, because her boyfriend was mad at her for doing so and she was then trapped in the house with him all night, which was awkward or something. Problem is, it didn't actually snow that night. School was cancelled the next day due to ice, not snow, and that didn't even start until 4:30 AM on the 14th.

While this doesn't disprove her story, it does, like outlier just said, make it more unreliable because the fact that the weather was different than what she said makes it possible that she's remembering a completely different day. On the other hand, ice and snow aren't really all that different (to me, at least :ca:) especially as she's remembering it 6 weeks and then 14 years after the fact, so it could be nothing.

Not even close to as unreliable as Jay saying he saw Hae's body at the strip, or at best buy, or ???.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure
To a goon there is no greater injustice than the affront of being forced to speak to another human being, face to face.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

GaussianCopula posted:

Well, I'm sorry to shatter your worldview but the majority of reporting does not tell you "the whole story" but rather a certain narrative that the producers decided would be interesting to their audience, because telling "the whole story" would be super confusing and boring at the same time.

This x1000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure
Conclusive evidence that he's a murderer if I ever heard it.

• Locked thread