Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I think he's guilty. I want to believe he's innocent. I don't think there's enough to pin it on him beyond all reasonable doubt. Jay is a sketchball but at the same time I don't think he did it. Mr S is awesome. I love this podcast. I can't wait to hear the next episode. What a weird and interesting case. Sarah Koerig is great. Good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I'm about to listen to the new episode but it is also kind of weird that I don't think we've even heard Adnan mention It being hosed up that Jay would frame him. I know it's 15 years later and he's seemingly come to terms with the fact he'll be stuck in prison for the rest of his life but I'm not sure I would ever stop holding a ton of resentment toward Jay. At one point he was like "I don't know why someone would say that stuff happened?" Instead of "why the gently caress would Jay point the finger at me? I didnt do it...maybe uh he loving killed her" if I didn't do it

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Jay seems cool as hell. Would love people to say I was Rodmanesque

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Adnan and Jay were secret gay lovers who didn't want anyone to know and embarrass the super conservative Muslim family so they killed Hae. Adnan called Jay pathetic at the trial for snitching on his boyfriend. Hth

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

PaganGoatPants posted:

Pretty sure that's Reddit's #1 theory.

Uhh I don't know I haven't seen it there and I've gone on the reddit a bit even though I'm too lazy to read the long theories. :cheeky:

My post is correct though

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

CoffeeBooze posted:

Giving someone a ride is a lot different from giving someone the keys to your car and your cell phone to use as they see fit while you aren't around.

Eh. I don't know. If I was in high school and an older friend asked to borrow my car for the day so they could get stuff done I'm not sure I'd really care other than making sure I got some gas money if they drove around a lot. Same with the cellphone.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I want Sarah Koenig to spend her time investigating the validity of the Loch Ness Monster

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Bonzo posted:

Did they ever discuss sex in detail? Maybe this was a case of rough sex gone wrong?

Sex between Adnan and Jay, gayly.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Blue Star Error posted:

I think this case is a strange example of a miscarriage of justice that happened to get the right guy.

+1

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

He's so innocent sounding I believe he has to be guilty. You are falling right into his sociopathic trap, I believe.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Someone killed Hae Lee and if you can't see that it was Adnan well he's pulling the sheep (no pun intended) over youre eyes folks

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

cams posted:

it's super convenient that the guy they completely lucked into locking up based on zero evidence or actual motive ended up being the supervillian mastermind that had been fooling every single person in his life

thank god that known liar and psychopath came forward and told the police the truth

i love when the system works

The lord works in mysterious ways sometimes things fall into your lap I don't know what to say

It's quite clear to anyone who has studied basic mental illnesses you can easily tell he is a psychopath, just as I have and continue to diagnose myself with various diseases

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

You are pathetically sensitive if you consider that in any way offensive

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

That Best Buy tweet is a bit like if the Arizona Ice tea company or the people who made skittles tried to tweet a clever joke about Trayvon Martin liking their product during the height of the Zimmerman trial.

This comparison is a billion times more offensive than anything Best Buy could have said you moron

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I wish Jay dropped J Cole from the label for that song

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

bad day posted:

Anyway, my best explanation for what happened is that Adnan bought some crack in downtown Baltimore the night before, finally reaching Hae on the way home. Who just got home from banging Don, flush with the thrill of infatuation. Her body is full of chemicals telling her she loves Don now. She says this much to Adnan, which makes him really hurt and angry.

The next day Adnan and Jay hang out and smoke crack, then drive back to downtown B-More to buy more. At some point Adnan goes back to school, full of urgency and sincerity. He meets Hae in the library parking lot. He's acting weird, she's not into him anymore, maybe he scares her. She says something and he slams her head into the dash. Maybe she's knocked out, he strangles her, stuffs her body down on the floorboards, and goes to look for Jay. Everything else proceeds like Jay's friends say.

I'm not saying this is true. It's just, to me, this is the only scenario that really makes sense. It also fits the erratic nature of the crime, inability to account for events, and why both Jay and Adnan are (were) lying.

I mean, they're not on junk. And 1990s B-More street dealers didn't sell anything more exotic than coke/dope/weed/rock. And it's not like a junkie on the nod is gonna go around murdering people.

So they were on crack. Probably the only drug people would never publicly fess up to, even though it's just cocaine really. If you are familiar with coke people, nothing about Jay or Adnan's behavior seems out of the ordinary.

This is my new favorite theory lmao

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Adnan smoked so much weed he forgot he killed Hae

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

It's not like Adnan was a frail dweeb either

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Adnan also does not go to jail if he doesn't kill his ex girl friend

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Why do you think Jay has to say anything to anyone? He was involved with something 15 years ago where he he plead guilty. He's not facing any charges now. Because Sarah Koenig is a reporter doing a podcast that means he should have to talk to her? I can't even imagine how disrupting this is to this guys life, 15 years later he's supposed to be answer everyone's questions so places like this and reddit (as much as you pretend they aren't the same they really are, we just pay to post here) can speculate WHAT REALLY HAPPENED?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Why cookie Rocket posted:

If he didn't want to deal with it, he could have simply told her to gently caress off. And again, this is a person who tried to help a murderer get away with it, and never served a day in jail, so a little optional disruption is no big deal. No matter how in the mood to whiteknight you guys are.

This is also a guy who put a murderer in jail for life. Goes both ways.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Kelly posted:

Yup. In every version he's told, he knew ahead of time.

Hearing a 17 year old saying their going to kill someone isn't knowing about a murder ahead of time. Just because Adnan did kill her doesn't really mean jay's at fault for not going to the cops the second he heard him say that. That's ridiculous.

Also so what Jay didn't serve any time in jail? He was found guilty of his charges and got probation. Is he supposed to request time in prison or something? I thought the Internet hated the very idea of American prisons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Jay should volunteer to go to prison SINCE HE NEVER SERVED A DAY OF TIME!!!!

• Locked thread