Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Nice doxx...not. Reported.

I really didn't want to engage on the topic but I can never stop myself from making horrible posts. For one, I'm not sure if that post was sincere or not, but yes, the meta functions on a completely different level. People play rough. Someday, I might be able to tell all about it, when this game is dust and we've moved on. There are battles going on that people never read or hear about. A battle of wits that I play every drat day, whether I want to or not because the meta doesn't ever shut off or take a downtime.

I won't go into too much about the Zoq-Fot-Pik/Prefuse thing. It happened, I apologized. There is a narrative that everyone likes and there is what happened. In either narrative, I made the mistake. It was a great game of chess and I literally picked up the chess board and threw it at my opponent after I had already won. Was Zoq-Fot-Pik in or out? To my knowledge, he wasn't in, but that didn't matter, because I went to Okcupid, picked out the unsecured profile that flagged on a Google search and waved it around. It took months to get him. Months. Picked up the case several times, sat it back down. Waited for data. It took coordination and it took saving every scrap of info I could find and then I had to wait for that Eureka moment, which doesn't come as easily as one would think. It was a massive amount work for not just me but many others. The decision to execute a Titan is not something we make lightly. It had to be sure and certain. It was and I won against an opponent that probably has more meta experience that most. I wanted people to know it and I'm pretty certain he understood that about me and that was my downfall to lead to such a mistake.

A wise man once told me that big dogs don't bark. I try not to these days. It sometimes sucks because people don't see the real victories very often. They also don't get to see the human side very often either. You think it's all google and ban lists? Try frantically trying to find a missing BBG after the Boston bombing. Or the random suicide watch that happens and people are desperate to find out if someone is okay. I won't even begin to talk about 2012 but let me say, I was as close to broken as one could ever be and we still managed to do good works through it all, as many senior SA mods can attest. And I still relive that night and the days that follow in my head. And the conversations before. And deal with a certain emptiness every morning while I have coffee before work.

I was asked by someone to keep Goons safe. It sounds silly because it's a video game but it's a video game where the strong survive, the weak crumble and where acting, lies, treachery and deceit are perfectly legal. Unfortunately, until that changes, there will some rear end in a top hat working that angle and someone like me there to try to catch it.

If you are worried about the meta, don't play it. If you are worried about your information, then don't post it on publically available services or participate in social networking. It's that simple. I'll do my best to not bark about it and the Manny thing wasn't the only lesson for me. I'm just like you, I struggle to grow and improve.

I don't have to peruse my journals to know that many of the posters in here are not real goons and I'm flattered that so many pages have been devoted to my space job. It gives me hope because if bitching about a incident that happened now ages ago is the only thing you have, I know Goonkind will be in space until Imp Zone sells out or crumbles to the ground.

And that's all you get and hopefully it fuels another 50 pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Widestancer posted:

I really didn't want to engage on the topic but I can never stop myself from making horrible posts. For one, I'm not sure if that post was sincere or not, but yes, the meta functions on a completely different level. People play rough. Someday, I might be able to tell all about it, when this game is dust and we've moved on. There are battles going on that people never read or hear about. A battle of wits that I play every drat day, whether I want to or not because the meta doesn't ever shut off or take a downtime.

I won't go into too much about the Zoq-Fot-Pik/Prefuse thing. It happened, I apologized. There is a narrative that everyone likes and there is what happened. In either narrative, I made the mistake. It was a great game of chess and I literally picked up the chess board and threw it at my opponent after I had already won. Was Zoq-Fot-Pik in or out? To my knowledge, he wasn't in, but that didn't matter, because I went to Okcupid, picked out the unsecured profile that flagged on a Google search and waved it around. It took months to get him. Months. Picked up the case several times, sat it back down. Waited for data. It took coordination and it took saving every scrap of info I could find and then I had to wait for that Eureka moment, which doesn't come as easily as one would think. It was a massive amount work for not just me but many others. The decision to execute a Titan is not something we make lightly. It had to be sure and certain. It was and I won against an opponent that probably has more meta experience that most. I wanted people to know it and I'm pretty certain he understood that about me and that was my downfall to lead to such a mistake.

A wise man once told me that big dogs don't bark. I try not to these days. It sometimes sucks because people don't see the real victories very often. They also don't get to see the human side very often either. You think it's all google and ban lists? Try frantically trying to find a missing BBG after the Boston bombing. Or the random suicide watch that happens and people are desperate to find out if someone is okay. I won't even begin to talk about 2012 but let me say, I was as close to broken as one could ever be and we still managed to do good works through it all, as many senior SA mods can attest. And I still relive that night and the days that follow in my head. And the conversations before. And deal with a certain emptiness every morning while I have coffee before work.

I was asked by someone to keep Goons safe. It sounds silly because it's a video game but it's a video game where the strong survive, the weak crumble and where acting, lies, treachery and deceit are perfectly legal. Unfortunately, until that changes, there will some rear end in a top hat working that angle and someone like me there to try to catch it.

If you are worried about the meta, don't play it. If you are worried about your information, then don't post it on publically available services or participate in social networking. It's that simple. I'll do my best to not bark about it and the Manny thing wasn't the only lesson for me. I'm just like you, I struggle to grow and improve.

I don't have to peruse my journals to know that many of the posters in here are not real goons and I'm flattered that so many pages have been devoted to my space job. It gives me hope because if bitching about a incident that happened now ages ago is the only thing you have, I know Goonkind will be in space until Imp Zone sells out or crumbles to the ground.

I read all this

Zodar
May 21, 2007

Where is this from

Dec 26, 2012

what lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Widestancer posted:

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Widestancer posted:

Where's the mmo lmao 2 thread because lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Zodar posted:

Where is this from

eve thread

i can confirm never reading that post because its too long tho

• Locked thread