Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Why is the nice person who was telling us fun stuff about each chapter leaving? Not that I begrudge anyone leaving Twitter.

People think he's rewriting lines about Endeavor because he once said he didn't like Endeavor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
What I gather from the 4chan cesspit is that people are mad about a possibly mistranslated line in a Volume release where Shoto insults Endeavor calling him a rotten No. 1

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Boo, the trivia was one of my favourite things. I mean, all social media is trash so I get why he'd quit but that really blows.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Twitter is the true Touchy McDusty

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
ngl it is very funny that Endeavor stans were whinging about the character's reputation being besmirched the week before Hori released the "btw I didn't forget Endeavor beat his wife" chapter.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

hatty posted:

What I gather from the 4chan cesspit is that people are mad about a possibly mistranslated line in a Volume release where Shoto insults Endeavor calling him a rotten No. 1

I think it came up earlier in the thread but IIRC the volume release has a line that’s changed to be a lot harsher than it was originally and harsher than it was translated in other languages which would have been a decision made farther up than Caleb regardless.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
In his final trivia thread he says that the line "Once toya was gone you got worse and worse" had the bit "once toya was gone" removed from the official Japanese version

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Lol that they can’t just politely ask the guy when this kind of poo poo comes up, but also I hope Caleb’s doing okay. :(

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Last Celebration posted:

Lol that they can’t just politely ask the guy when this kind of poo poo comes up, but also I hope Caleb’s doing okay. :(

They don't want to politely ask the guy.

They want to be mad.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

hatty posted:

Caleb seems to think it was some fan account complaining that, indeed, Endeavor didn't say the word 'dammit' (or as somebody funnier than me put it 'man can get down with domestic abuse but not swearing') which sicced that weird group of fans who are against anything official on him.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So spoilers are out and some of it is trending on Twitter, so avoid that if you care about spoilers. Not really sure why though, this isn't a big chapter IMO.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RatHat posted:

So spoilers are out and some of it is trending on Twitter, so avoid that if you care about spoilers. Not really sure why though, this isn't a big chapter IMO.

It feels like the past few chapters and their spoilers end up trending on twitter.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Well if you care to read some spoilers apparently

quote:

Japan has been asking other countries to send heroes and rescue teams to help them, but due to the suspension of public security, the procedure for dispatching heroes has been delayed — (The double spread with this text shows a silhouette of the hero Electoplant, who we saw briefly in the Two Heroes movie when All Might was working in America).
Lol loving finally. Even if they basically do the movie thing of "My phone is dead!" in regards to the effectiveness of international aid it was getting a little ridiculous what with major cities being wiped off the map and attacked by kaijus.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

RatHat posted:

From what little I saw, the people that ship Midoriya and Bakugo are overblowing the fact that he's upset about Midoriya still being unconscious.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

From what little I saw, the people that ship Midoriya and Bakugo are overblowing the fact that he's upset about Midoriya still being unconscious.
A funny gag would be Making Bakugou's impalement injuries be permanent enough that he just coughs up blood randomly like All Might from here on out.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Fabricated posted:

A funny gag would be Making Bakugou's impalement injuries be permanent enough that he just coughs up blood randomly like All Might from here on out.

He does cough up blood in the chapter! No telling if that's going to be a permanent thing, though.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
NEW VIGILANTES!

Looks like next chapter will be Crawler vs Ingenium :ohdear:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rhonne posted:

NEW VIGILANTES!

Looks like next chapter will be Crawler vs Ingenium :ohdear:

drat the one time they get his name right

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Regular MHA

Looks like OfA is finally getting exposed at least a bit. It's about time, imo

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

christmas boots posted:

Regular MHA

Looks like OfA is finally getting exposed at least a bit. It's about time, imo

Wait, is the new chapter of the main series out too? If so, got a link?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
It’s ok to link fan translations, right?

This is where I read it

https://w21.readheroacademia.com/manga/boku-no-hero-academia-chapter-303/

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Finally some mention of requesting international hero assistance.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

christmas boots posted:

This is where I read it

Yeah, we do it all the time in this thread. Thanks

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

christmas boots posted:

This is where I read it

Hawks probably has it all figured out now. Or a good deal of it.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It might just be the bad scans but the silhouette of that front international hero looks kind of sinister. What are the chances some of these guys coming from overseas turn out to be assholes?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Hawks: well, we already eavesdropped so gently caress it. Gimme aaaaaaaaaall the chisme

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Hawks probably has it all figured out now. Or a good deal of it.

Yeah All Might of all people being there definitely struck him as odd. I figure Hawks is going to be asking him some perceptive questions about One For All.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
*Todoroki storms into Deku’s hospital room* “Are you really All for One’s secret love child or something?”

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Vigilantes - Crawler's powers are kind of objectively superior to Ingenium's (even much earlier in the series, before Crawler expanded his ability-set, Crawler's abilities were already "like Ingenium, except he can stop/turn much more easily"), so I imagine Ingenium is going to need to be using his support heroes and/or fancy gear.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

ochako/iida is a strange ship

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Vigilantes - Crawler's powers are kind of objectively superior to Ingenium's (even much earlier in the series, before Crawler expanded his ability-set, Crawler's abilities were already "like Ingenium, except he can stop/turn much more easily"), so I imagine Ingenium is going to need to be using his support heroes and/or fancy gear.

It's going to be an interesting battle because Ingenium has the experience, technological, and numbers advantage, but Koichi has been showing a lot of natural talent recent. Even in this chapter he effortlessly jumped through the air across rooftops without realizing it. Plus, you gotta wonder how much Tensei even wants to capture his friend.

Whatever happens, I'm really excited for the next Vigilantes chapter.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Aurora posted:

ochako/iida is a strange ship

My guess it that's the point. Bait to get people into their discord server.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr Subterfuge posted:

My guess it that's the point. Bait to get people into their discord server.

My thought is they wanted to pair Deku and Tsuyu, then went from there; either they already had ships for Bakugo and/or Todoroki as well and matched up who they had left over, or decided that since Ochako and Iida are the other two from the "original" main three they should be together.

Or maybe they see something we aren't seeing. I'm pretty sure the DekuxTsuyu part came first, though.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/animetv_jp/status/1365587616066920451

I know a lot of people have problems with this arc(myself included), but at least the action is going to look nice.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rhonne posted:

https://twitter.com/animetv_jp/status/1365587616066920451

I know a lot of people have problems with this arc(myself included), but at least the action is going to look nice.

This season is likely also going to give us My Villain Academia as well, which I’m really looking forward to seeing animated.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Hopefully the weakest arc is improved in the anime. What I really want is MVA.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Joint Training was essentially written to be animated, anyway.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I just hope they don't blow the budget on the Joint Training

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Honestly the Joint Training arc is completely redeemable. Its easy to forget it, but the first match was actually pretty hype, Bakugo stomping everyone was ok, and so was the final match. It was the third, and especially the second match that poo poo the bed and completely overshadowed everything. Tone down the way everyone was trigger-happy about using lethal force and make certain characters less pathetic and you could end up with a perfectly average eye-candy breather, before the poo poo hits the fan with My Villain Academia. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
aw hell yeah, Iida is getting a Nakamura cut