Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

I don't feel like this setup with Endeavor/Hawks/Best Jeanist/All Might/Deku going out to find Shigaraki is going to just immediately yield the final battle. There's just too many open threads involving the actual badguys here to just slam straight into it. Toga's still out there on her own, so are the PLA lieutenants and 200-ish well-trained members who killed Midnight, the rest of the escapees from Tatarus (including the ones with name tags like Stain and Moonfish), Overhaul, Mystery Woman from Tartarus, whatever they're needing to do to get the rest of the kids involved in the final battle, etc etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xarbala
Feb 13, 2011

hiddenriverninja posted:

After going 0/4 on satisfying manga endings (Naruto, Bleach, Shokugeki No Soma, and Attack on Titan) I'm hoping MHA will break my streak.

Three of those are shonen jump, just to point out the obvious.

Meanwhile Fullmetal Alchemist had a fantastic ending.

I wonder how much is the fault of editorial pressures and how much of it is just authors not managing to stick the landing.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Fabricated posted:

I don't feel like this setup with Endeavor/Hawks/Best Jeanist/All Might/Deku going out to find Shigaraki is going to just immediately yield the final battle. There's just too many open threads involving the actual badguys here to just slam straight into it. Toga's still out there on her own, so are the PLA lieutenants and 200-ish well-trained members who killed Midnight, the rest of the escapees from Tatarus (including the ones with name tags like Stain and Moonfish), Overhaul, Mystery Woman from Tartarus, whatever they're needing to do to get the rest of the kids involved in the final battle, etc etc.

Yeah I think people are jumping the gun here. Considering how many times MHA was swerved the plot I'm not going to assume we're in the endgame just because Deku wants to go punch Shigaraki now. If the plot was that simple Shigaraki would have killed All Might like 250 chapters ago.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

Yare yare daze...

Yeah the pace recently has been really whackadoo. Just doublechecked and Deku first 'uses' Blackwhip in chapter 210 and then uses Float in 283. Now in less than half that time he's gained and is familiar with 2 to possibly all 4 of the rest of them. Also him half-assedly writing everyone in the school a Dear John/Plot Synopsis over the course of 2 panels was incredibly half-assed and felt super rushed. Wonder what's going on behind the scenes.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Old school? New school?
Shit, I didn't go to school

Ryaomon posted:

Yeah the pace recently has been really whackadoo. Just doublechecked and Deku first 'uses' Blackwhip in chapter 210 and then uses Float in 283. Now in less than half that time he's gained and is familiar with 2 to possibly all 4 of the rest of them. Also him half-assedly writing everyone in the school a Dear John/Plot Synopsis over the course of 2 panels was incredibly half-assed and felt super rushed. Wonder what's going on behind the scenes.

the entire bit explaining One For All and Deku's importance to Inko feels so truncated and like it should be a much bigger deal for her to learn that her son is basically the most important and most powerful teenager in Japan, if not the world

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

grieving for Gandalf posted:

the entire bit explaining One For All and Deku's importance to Inko feels so truncated and like it should be a much bigger deal for her to learn that her son is basically the most important and most powerful teenager in Japan, if not the world
Writing it out I imagine is something an editor would declare a no-no since you're reiterating information the the audience already has. Same deal with the note to the class.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs of siren songs
To oohs to ahhs to big applause
With all of my anger I scream and shout
America, I love you but you're freaking me out

Biscuit Hider

Plus we already had the big "Inko isn't cool with her son's limbs constantly exploding" scene.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Fabricated posted:

Writing it out I imagine is something an editor would declare a no-no since you're reiterating information the the audience already has. Same deal with the note to the class.

While that's a good general rule to follow, I think sometimes this can result in situations where writers skip scenes the audience is actually interested in seeing, since characters' possible reactions to that information has been a driving reason for it to be withheld up to that point of the story.

I'm hoping that skipping ahead a bit so Deku can start running around with the top three won't entirely moot the tension that was floating around the story before regarding Deku's big secret. Maybe if we check back in with Deku's mom or his friends in a bit and see some more fallout from this revelation, it'll help balance out the pace of things a bit.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs of siren songs
To oohs to ahhs to big applause
With all of my anger I scream and shout
America, I love you but you're freaking me out

Biscuit Hider

To be honest I was kind of hoping Deku overlooking the city would be the last we see of him for a while. Imagine if after that we'd cut to Bakugo or Uraraka or something for a little bit and see how they deal with the aftermath of everything for that timeskip period and then we finally see Deku again after a real-world month or two when he chumps Muscular

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Larryb posted:

Plot Twist: Her idiot son's reckless behavior finally causes Inko to snap and become a villain, taking over as the final boss of the series.
The massive glut of fanfiction that has Midoriya becoming the Joker comes true, but in a way nobody thought of.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Imagine Inko just ripping people's heads off with her mind powers.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Old school? New school?
Shit, I didn't go to school

Fabricated posted:

yeah sure but I want to at least see more of her grappling with it. for that matter, I know it's the old joke at this point, but I want to see the scene where someone contacts his dad and tells him he's the most important teenager in the world

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Midoriya's dad was killed by All for One from a certain point of view/is a famous jazz musician who supports his family from afar/is a Pokémon Trainer/(other).

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

THERE'S FASCISM IN MY GIANT ROBOT ANIMES

Arist posted:

I'm a little annoyed with this for the simple reason that the story's been yelling at Izuku from minute one that he can't keep breaking his loving limbs, to the point we were on his last chance for reals no takesies-backsies, and then he turns his arms into chunky salsa and it gets conveniently waved away.

the jump editorial board told horikoshi that "destroying yourself for capital society is bad and will hurt your loved ones" was a message unbecoming a professional mangaka

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Midoriya's dad was killed by All for One from a certain point of view/is a famous jazz musician who supports his family from afar/is a Pokémon Trainer/(other).
Deku's Pokemon team specializes in Reckless recoil moves because he's trying to mimic the power of All Might's Sheer Force team, until he realizes he needs to find his own identity, and starts specializing in priority moves instead.

One For All Full Coverage: Mach Style!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Deku's dad should never show up, but during the final battle All For One should start breathing fire everywhere just before he dies and no one comments on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Looks like the animation budget is finally back for this week’s episode (also Tsu finally gets to do something significant for the first time in a while)