Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Ohhh snapples, things just got real. Villains just showed up, and they're going to attack the kids! Also, the design for every one of the characters is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ottumon
Dec 20, 2012
:byodood:
All Might is the best character. Actually, no, every character is best character.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
Quincruxed quirks! That chapter came out fast. At this rate we'll be up to par in no time flat. And yeah, that's one spread of villians.

In addition to the ones before I spy the local version of Poison Ivy, a modern day Wizro, The Great Leon, one that's either Pestilence or the 10,000 Volt Ghost,somebody whose nozzle fingers will surely shoot something vicious, and ... guy that I can't tell if he's got a mask on or no face.

What can these guys do that makes them confidant enough to take on a guy that can turn off powers, a black hole maker, and All Might?

FH_Meta fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Mar 2, 2018

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
http://bato.to/read/_/286698/boku-no-hero-academia_ch13_by_fallen-angels And a link to the new chapter, for anyone who follows this thread for those.

That full page spread was the stuff of nightmares.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

gnome7 posted:

http://bato.to/read/_/286698/boku-no-hero-academia_ch13_by_fallen-angels And a link to the new chapter, for anyone who follows this thread for those.

That full page spread was the stuff of nightmares.

Oh my god, Urraka's giddy enthusiasm is so adorable!! Just look at her, she's so into that helpful spaceman! :kimchi:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's going to suck when we catch up and no longer get a chapter a day, because this just keeps getting better and better.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Ahaha, Kacchan getting torn up by the girls. :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

COME ON AND SLAM, AND WELCOME TO THE ULTIMATE SPACE FOR JAMS!

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

COME ON AND SLAM, AND WELCOME TO THE ULTIMATE SPACE FOR JAMS!

I love whoever is translating this. Unless that what it was in the original and in that case the author of this is amazing.

Rivers
Jan 19, 2007
Does anyone know what chapter the series is on currently?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Rivers posted:

Does anyone know what chapter the series is on currently?

19 is as far as the raws go.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Asui has captured my heart already with just a couple of speaking lines in this chapter.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Rocky what happened to you? Where's Bullwinkle? :ohdear:

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

JosephWongKS posted:

Asui has captured my heart already with just a couple of speaking lines in this chapter.

I am reading all of her lines in the voice of the band geek girl from Kill La Kill and it is perfect.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Speaking of, anyone else feel like Trigger would do great if this did indeed become one of the Big Three and got an animated series?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

tlarn posted:

Speaking of, anyone else feel like Trigger would do great if this did indeed become one of the Big Three and got an animated series?

Please don't make me imagine something so wonderful because I don't believe it could ever be.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
I'd rather have IG or Madhouse do it at least five years from now.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

tlarn posted:

BHA is a spastic westernized manga, Trigger likes spastic animes and westernized animes, it'd work out pretty well.

Assuming they had the budget, that is.

E: I mean spastic in a good way and I should probably find a better adjective but right now nothing's coming up.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Nov 23, 2014

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
TRIGGER should do it after they complete that long-awaited Lucifer & Biscuit Hammer anime. If only...!:sigh:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I see why Asui jumped in popularity.
Im relieved that it isnt for entirely too creepy reasons.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Creepy hand guy's entrance was pretty cool. Also you would think more heroes would be on call for something like this?

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Fabricated posted:

Creepy hand guy's entrance was pretty cool. Also you would think more heroes would be on call for something like this?

All Might was supposed to be there, so I expect they weren't worried about anything like this happening. With two strong teachers teaming up with the strongest hero of all time, what would there have been to worry about?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Fabricated posted:

For a training exercise led by 3 high-ranking heroes? No, not at all.

Plus the other teachers have other grades to take care of.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

I admit I had to look up the word "apodictic" for this chapter. I don't know what the original Japanese was for that sentence, but it had to be a dozy. I wonder how the translator worked that.

I wondered if hand-guy's name might be "Migi" but if you look at the hands, there are both left and right hands on his body. Are the holes for breaking? It really does look like a nose.

All the villains look pretty creepy except for the girl in the front who looks like she has dreadlocks. I guess dreadlocks might be considered creepy by some folks, though....

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Dan7el posted:

I admit I had to look up the word "apodictic" for this chapter. I don't know what the original Japanese was for that sentence, but it had to be a dozy. I wonder how the translator worked that.

I wondered if hand-guy's name might be "Migi" but if you look at the hands, there are both left and right hands on his body. Are the holes for breaking? It really does look like a nose.

All the villains look pretty creepy except for the girl in the front who looks like she has dreadlocks. I guess dreadlocks might be considered creepy by some folks, though....

Whatever his name is, to me he will always be the Handyman.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Mr. Fowl posted:

Whatever his name is, to me he will always be the Handyman.
He will always be Facepalm-man to me.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fabricated posted:

Between hand-man being a creepy, creepy dude and Tsuyu being great, this is a really good chapter. "Bakugou's always fuming, so he won't be very popular." "You bitch! I'll be popular, too!" "See?" You're the best, frog girl. Roly-poly astronaut is pretty great too, really. Lot of good things this chapter.

Also, got a better look at the villains emerging from the portal shot; the portal is the weird smokey bartender dude from before. You can see his eyes at the top and stuff.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 23, 2014

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

Dan7el posted:

Dreadlocks gal was the one I called the local Poison Ivy. She looked plant-y to me.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I was thinking about how far the translation group has come in 14 chapters. I mean, their original translation of the first chapter was near-unreadable, and now they're actually localizing jokes! It's good to see. :unsmith:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Now we just need the DUWANG translation.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Kyte posted:

The problem is that despite what Batman has tricked people into thinking this is simply not a practical thing. All Might put it pretty clearly, heroics is a dangerous job and if you don't have something you're gonna end up SOL very quick.

That's true of course. It just seemed like the first bit focused so much on people saying "you'll never be a hero without a quirk" that I was surprised they were all right the whole time.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well, he's still not fully in control of his quirk yet, so a lot of what he's doing IS still him without his powers, and one of the themes of the series seems to be that just having a quirk doesn't make you a hero, what with the entrance exam and the Bakugou rivalry.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Ethiser posted:

I love whoever is translating this. Unless that what it was in the original and in that case the author of this is amazing.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
sorry guys but my heart lies with navelgun

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I want to know what Antgirl's deal is.

Navelgun guy is a great example of a super power that is absurd but the comic allows him to rock it with total confidence.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Have we seen Invisi-Girl yet? Or has she remained invisible in all the chapters so far?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Radish posted:

I want to know what Antgirl's deal is.

Navelgun guy is a great example of a super power that is absurd but the comic allows him to rock it with total confidence.

That look on his face when his weakness gets called out is great. All Might does that too and those are my favorite panels I think.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

JosephWongKS posted:

Have we seen Invisi-Girl yet? Or has she remained invisible in all the chapters so far?

And how did she get get past the first test? Invisibility doesn't make you much stronger.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Soylentbits posted:

And how did she get get past the first test? Invisibility doesn't make you much stronger.

I imagine she was able to run faster than Deku in the sprint, thanks to Deku being useless in every test basically.

The real answer is to not think about it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Samba De Amigo posted:

I imagine she was able to run faster than Deku in the sprint, thanks to Deku being useless in every test basically.

The real answer is to not think about it though.

I think they meant the qualifier.