Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mirko doesn't need arms to whoop rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

If Mirko has both legs, she is at full power

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
virgin endeavour barely solo kills a high end with hawks help. chad mirko gets jumped by 3, kills one, and still finishes her mission breaking shiggy’s tank down half her limbs. I almost feel it was done on purpose with how she was low key introduced as the new 5th hero (and stays 5th after all might dies cause edgeshot becomes the new 4th) but ends up doing more than everyone ranked higher than her

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Her quirk is also just being a rabbit. Froppy(whose quirk is just being a frog I remind you) should really start hitting the gym.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I love the names of the cities in Machia's path and how many Star Wars references Hori stuffs in there

Synara City's interesting since that's a character from Star Wars: Resistance

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

For someone who designs so many awesome female characters, Horikoshi kind of treats them like poo poo.

This is a trademark of Shonen series unfortunately with some notable exceptions

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Shout-out to Food Wars, which despite being about a real-world thing men and women compete in equally all the time and making the most skilled and powerful character in it’s setting a woman made sure only the guys tended to get any focus or agency

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
woman respecter oda

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You know the SBSes are largely jokes, right? I have some problems with the way Oda draws women but come on

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Arist posted:

You know the SBSes are largely jokes, right? I have some problems with the way Oda draws women but come on

i think the joke sucks, and is bad.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

handwringing over one piece just won't work in the thread for my hero academia, the one with momo

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Speaking of which I should get my single probation removed for when I made a bad joke that there was gonna be a fantasy AU spin-off with momo and mirko after this

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/my-hero-academia-controversy-fantasy-momo-manga-anime/

Its bullshit now that I think about it and the wording on the probation makes it seem like I was condoning it

Edit: I’ll even keep the probate just change the text blurb to make me not seem like a future sex offender

Professorjuggalo fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Aug 29, 2020

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

What are the chances Aizawa's eyes can be fixed? Looks like they've been completely gouged out by Shiggy, atleast the right eye

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Sub Harrison posted:

What are the chances Aizawa's eyes can be fixed? Looks like they've been completely gouged out by Shiggy, atleast the right eye

Also, wouldn’t that essentially render him Quirkless?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Larryb posted:

Also, wouldn’t that essentially render him Quirkless?

yea sort of like Overhaul having his arms ripped off

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I think he just has blood in his eyes from Shigaraki digging his fingers in his forehead.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Fabricated posted:

I wouldn't call 99% of the paneling in One Piece from the last several years good tbh

If you want something actually good to compare it to- try Jujutsu Kaisen, which has a rougher art style while still being incredibly readable.

i find the action really easy to follow in one piece fights

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

this is getting ludicrously loving brutal btw i hope shiggy turns off the batteries soon jeez!!!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I love how Aizawa cuts off his own leg and Shiggy is like "Alright, that's pretty metal."

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Good showing by Deku this time too. He looks like a demon when he's punching Shiggy.

Shiggy HAS to fall over at some point as a result of not being at 100%. Japan is loving wrecked already as it is.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the way it's drawn makes it look like Deku is punching Shigaraki through the mouth as opposed to him biting down on his arm

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I love how Aizawa cuts off his own leg and Shiggy is like "Alright, that's pretty metal."

Hilariously, if Shiggy has some kind of redemption at the end, I could totally see Aizawa taking him under his wing. Aizawa loves himself some strays. and Shiggy always thinks he's cool when they meet.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Sub Harrison posted:

One Piece has been great the last couple arcs. Don't agree at all there's been a quality decline.
Inclined to agree. Fishman Island was a bit rough because it had a lot of weight to carry in terms of reestablishing characters and narrative momentum. Since Punk Hazard? Good as always.

To the people who feel it's declined, I'd be interested to know if they're primarily anime watchers? If so, then yeah... quality has declined.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Professor Wayne posted:

Hilariously, if Shiggy has some kind of redemption at the end, I could totally see Aizawa taking him under his wing. Aizawa loves himself some strays. and Shiggy always thinks he's cool when they meet.

Shiggy has murdered someone on screen so that means the only redemption he can get will be in death. Sorry, thems the rules.

Alternatively it’ll go the Naruto route, he’ll say “My bad”, and all will be forgiven.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The one person Sasuke actually killed was evil so that comparison doesn't fly here

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RatHat posted:

Shiggy has murdered someone on screen so that means the only redemption he can get will be in death. Sorry, thems the rules.

I'd bring up Vegeta, but to be fair, he did die.

So I'll bring up Andy in Undead Unluck instead. That dude's killed a lot of people for a Shonen Jump protagonist. Especially one whose series has only been running for a bit over half a year, and he literally can't die.

(Still less determinedly murderous than Eren Yeager, though. That kid just started killing at nine and kept going from there. Shonen Jump probably wouldn't have a patricidal protagonist without him blazing a trail.)

I'm not saying Shiggy's going to be redeemed, but that rule's pretty much not a thing these days.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Amante posted:

Inclined to agree. Fishman Island was a bit rough because it had a lot of weight to carry in terms of reestablishing characters and narrative momentum. Since Punk Hazard? Good as always.

To the people who feel it's declined, I'd be interested to know if they're primarily anime watchers? If so, then yeah... quality has declined.

I’m a loyal fan since like 2009, haven’t watched the anime since freaking Skypeia or so and I think the series has declined but isn’t on the whole worse than, like an 8/10.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Blockhouse posted:

The one person Sasuke actually killed was evil so that comparison doesn't fly here

Sasuke still got away with attempted assassination of the world leaders and joining at least two different terrorist organizations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

Orochimaru is redeemed lol. So was Kabuto and he started the world war and he gets to run an orphanage.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Sasuke still got away with attempted assassination of the world leaders and joining at least two different terrorist organizations.

what i still dont get about this though is that those world leaders were revealed to be, on average, fairly genocidal, duplicitous, treacherous, etc. like he was proven pretty correct... the ninja world was corrupt to its core, and the only named character sasuke ever ended up killing orchestrated the mass murder of his clan. naruto had a vague idea about what it wanted to say but botched the execution left right and center

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Kild posted:

Orochimaru is redeemed lol. So was Kabuto and he started the world war and he gets to run an orphanage.

Orochi was always the best to me, he went from having captive human experiments in the thousands, mass murder, and assassinating the hokage to a whacky uncle figure and I don't think there was even a redemption arc?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

wasn't there a worldwide amnesty at the end of naruto to help stop the constant wars? it's just baffling that people like orochimaru would be on friendly terms with anyone at this point

Nonexistence posted:

Orochi was always the best to me, he went from having captive human experiments in the thousands, mass murder, and assassinating the hokage to a whacky uncle figure and I don't think there was even a redemption arc?

yea there was no arc, he just went from dead to not dead and at some point in there he decided to help out

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
He specifically sacrificed 2 children to kill the hokage

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There's no indication that Orochimaru ever stopped his weird experiments, and those losers who followed Sasuke around joined up with him for some reason.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
We know from Yamato Orochimaru did an experiment that resulted in the deaths of 99 babies, with Yamato being the only survivor baby.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I bet sasuke's loser friends joined up with orochimaru because they were also experiments of his and the author didn't know what to do with them after the series ended

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

I bet sasuke's loser friends joined up with orochimaru because they were also experiments of his and the author didn't know what to do with them after the series ended

this is definitely it btw. after the timeskip he went "alright so i went "symmetry everywhere" so we need equal groups on both sides but i dont feel like actually building character arcs or depth to all these guys so whatever"

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

MonsterEnvy posted:

We know from Yamato Orochimaru did an experiment that resulted in the deaths of 99 babies, with Yamato being the only survivor baby.
Sure, that's true, but on the other hand, him being Mitsuki's cool nonbinary parent is the best part of Boruto, so it pretty much evens out.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I like how the MHA thread constantly devolves into chatting about other shonen series instead :allears:

Anyways Orochimaru getting amnesty always read as all the kages admitting that if Orochinaru didn't resurrect the hokages, then Madara/Kaguya would have won, and thinking to themselves that if they killed him, he'd just revive himself via another bullshit backup scheme. I could also definitely see Naruto stepping in and saying "ehhh don't do human experiments anymore and we're fine" to go along with the theme of the Pain arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Julias posted:

I like how the MHA thread constantly devolves into chatting about other shonen series instead :allears:

Anyways Orochimaru getting amnesty always read as all the kages admitting that if Orochinaru didn't resurrect the hokages, then Madara/Kaguya would have won, and thinking to themselves that if they killed him, he'd just revive himself via another bullshit backup scheme. I could also definitely see Naruto stepping in and saying "ehhh don't do human experiments anymore and we're fine" to go along with the theme of the Pain arc.

the funny thing about no more human experiments is like, Mitsuki :v: but I guess it doesn't count if it's a clone of yourself?

waiting for the official release is always the hardest part of Sunday