Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Episode 3 of the anime is out and the dub for Season 5 appears to have started up as well now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I’m wondering what the pace for each battle is going to be like. Can’t be more than the bulk of one to finish the battle and the last few minutes to start the next one

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I've been wrestling with the very likely possibility that the entirety of season 6 is probably gonna just be the big raid.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

75% of season six is new scenes of Mirko kicking rear end.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I've been wrestling with the very likely possibility that the entirety of season 6 is probably gonna just be the big raid.

Probably. This season is likely going to last until right before the raid starts. Ending season 6 on Deku's depressed 'It's a giant villain...' would be the ideal cliffhanger.

Carlosologist posted:

I’m wondering what the pace for each battle is going to be like. Can’t be more than the bulk of one to finish the battle and the last few minutes to start the next one

Perfectly paced to allow them to replay the start of each fight at the start of the next episode!

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Apr 10, 2021

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

That's what I figured with Deku staring down at the city and it saying that he left the academy as the final shot.

Edit: should read the thread

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Actually I forget, are there any other arcs after My Villain Academia or is everything from then on basically just the raid?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Larryb posted:

Actually I forget, are there any other arcs after My Villain Academia or is everything from then on basically just the raid?

There's the second internship with Endeavor and the Todoroki family drama.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Larryb posted:

The Endeavor Internship arc is right before the war.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ah, I’m guessing that Season 6 will be the Internship arc and the assault on the doctor’s lab in that case (unless I’m forgetting something that happens in between)

Depending on how much is left in the manga at this point I’m guessing the anime will wind up being about 8 or 9 seasons in total (maybe 10 at most)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Apr 10, 2021

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Based on how they've paced seasons thus far I would expect Season 5 to end with the Endeavor internship arc. It's a good stopping point that lands right around their usual chapter budget for a season. That and you could absolutely start Season 6 with a My Villain Academia gimmick, like just present it as it's own series with its own OP even.

For reference, over four seasons they covered 190-some chapters, but Seasons 2-4 covered 170 of those. If this season covers 60 chapters again it'll end right before the MLA arc.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Shere posted:

Based on how they've paced seasons thus far I would expect Season 5 to end with the Endeavor internship arc. It's a good stopping point that lands right around their usual chapter budget for a season. That and you could absolutely start Season 6 with a My Villain Academia gimmick, like just present it as it's own series with its own OP even.

For reference, over four seasons they covered 190-some chapters, but Seasons 2-4 covered 170 of those. If this season covers 60 chapters again it'll end right before the MLA arc.

You mean the War arc, right? The MLA arc is chapters 218-240.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I would also expect the Endeavor Internship to be covered by the last handful of episodes this season, at least most of it. I don't recall it being very long and I assume they don't want to end the season on the villains without going back to "here's what the kids have been up to." I'd guess the Joint Training Arc takes maybe a third of the season, then MVA, then probably about half the Endeavor Internship arc, finishing that up at the start of the next season and moving into the whole raid for all of season 6 because I can't imagine how they'd split that up.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-308/chapter/22326

Official release is up, much easier to follow this time

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Yeah that is far cleaner and more coherent, going to be a fun fight to see animated.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
“You overdid it”

“I know”

“Didn’t I say this could happen?”

“I know

“You really need to be more careful”

“I KNOW!”

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Geez, Muscular's lines to Midoriya while putting the concrete into his eye socket are so much more coherent now that it's not even funny. I don't even know if what was there in the speed scans was English.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Speed scans bad, we’ve been over this.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

christmas boots posted:

“You overdid it”

“I know”

“Didn’t I say this could happen?”

“I know

“You really need to be more careful”

“I KNOW!”

Deku McGinnis and his seven ghost Bruce Waynes+one living Clark Kent

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Superman has acquired Spider-Man and Batman.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Sometimes the speedscans are legible enough to get a gist for the plot, but the drawing is way cleaner on the official release

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I'm really curious to know how deku healed up after what seemed to be a career ending amount of injuries.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Flesnolk posted:

Speed scans bad, we’ve been over this.

This is universally true, but sometimes they're bad in the "low quality scans with a slightly janky translation with unclear wording" way, and sometimes they're bad in the "the dialogue is actually incoherent and reads like it was passed through google translate a couple of times" way.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Apr 11, 2021

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Kingtheninja posted:

I'm really curious to know how deku healed up after what seemed to be a career ending amount of injuries.

The power of Horikoshi wanting to end this series.

Also this seems about the level of counseling Toga got for her reinfeld syndrome. Just with more(?) punching.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Scholtz posted:

You mean the War arc, right? The MLA arc is chapters 218-240.

Yes you're right, the war arc would be what I expect to kick off Season 6.

Kingtheninja posted:

He specifically recalled the doctor telling him he would lose arm function if he kept it up during his fight with Shigaraki so I don't think it will be glossed over. My expectation is that he didn't entirely and his new arm wraps are some sort of support.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kingtheninja posted:

When Deku's friends find him, Bakugo will dramatically roll down Deku's sleeve to reveal that his arm is five times more broken than normal before the cast launches into a speech about how he should stop martyring himself.

Or something like that.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I'm just going to assume any combination of

1. The doc said Deku would lose function if he hosed up his arms like in the Muscular fight about 2 or 3 times and the war fight only counts as one

2. That was a Deku that could only safely handle about 5-8% (Deku only realized his limit had increased when fighting Bakugo but we don't know exactly when that happened) and by the war arc he could go up to 40% for short increments so possibly it didn't do as much damage as it would have earlier on

3. Eri

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Kanos posted:

This is universally true, but sometimes they're bad in the "low quality scans with a slightly janky translation with unclear wording" way, and sometimes they're bad in the "the dialogue is actually incoherent and reads like it was passed through google translate a couple of times" way.

The speedscans can have some gems. Deku making a pun about the property damage being 'through the roof' after Muscular throws a roof got me to chuckle and whatsherface speaking like a gamer is more memorable than she is in the official translations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The turtle girl is kinda like Camie in that she apparently speaks in a lot of slang, so I imagine in some ways the speedscans are probably closer to HOW she talks even if to the letter the official translation is better.

I feel like the official scan kinda didn't get across that Shindou's vibrations actually damaged Muscular's...muscles, which is why he started falling apart at the end.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Fabricated posted:

The turtle girl is kinda like Camie in that she apparently speaks in a lot of slang, so I imagine in some ways the speedscans are probably closer to HOW she talks even if to the letter the official translation is better.

I feel like the official scan kinda didn't get across that Shindou's vibrations actually damaged Muscular's...muscles, which is why he started falling apart at the end.

I didn't read the speedscans, and I got it that it was Shindo.

The only time I read speedscans is when I go back through all y'all's blackbar posts after reading the official, and the comments are comically far off from what actually happened.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Maybe instead of relitigating speedscans we can talk about Muscular getting fisted

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Maybe instead of relitigating speedscans we can talk about Muscular getting fisted

Deku kicked the poo poo out of him. I liked that he beat him by fighting smart and not just punching harder.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Deku beating him by being smart, limiting Muscular's ability to do damage and not clashing head on really does demonstrate the difference in skill compared to their first fight.

Smokescreen is an interesting quirk for him to get. It's another 'un-heroic' quirk that pairs well with float, blackwhip and especially danger sense. It's also another way for him to be able to fight Shigaraki indirectly, although it might be rendered irrelevant due to Ragdoll's Search I suppose.

Deku looks sick as hell right now btw. The shredded mask and mouthguard are such an anti-hero look, especially with all the smoke and blackwhip making him look more and more like a demon.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 11, 2021

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wait Deku can float, has long tendrils, and can create a smokescreen. Is Deku a squid now?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Wait Deku can float, has long tendrils, and can create a smokescreen. Is Deku a squid now?

Turns out his dad was Octodad all along.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Doc Oc we now spiderman

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Electric Phantasm posted:

The true weakness of All for One is cthulhu ftaghn

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
With the better image quality in the official version I noticed with his mask on Deku always has that "eye floating in shadow" look All Might got at times. Nice touch.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Also I like how Turtle Girl keeps wondering who this mysterious stranger whose voice she recognizes is while Muscular keeps screaming "Midoriya" at the top of his lungs.

:iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean she met him a grand total of once.