Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Roland Jones posted:

I like Iida, he's the "smart guy" but he can also be kind of obtuse and miss obvious things and such; rather than the usual insufferable know-it-all, he comes off a bit more real. I know people like that.
I also like that he doesn't get mad or snippy when he misses something (or just thinks he's missed something).

I wasn't sure about this series for the first chapter or so, but this is pretty drat good so far and looks like it could be great over the long-haul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Fabricated posted:

If you want to get really pedantic on a "this is why this power is really ridiculous" level if she can remove the "gravity" from the air itself couldn't she turn the area you're in to 0 atmospheres of pressure and kill you?
I'm having trouble making the connection here. That doesn't seem like it follows even using goofy comic book physics.

EDIT: Seems like it might be a good way to create wind, though.

Zero_Tactility fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Nov 16, 2014

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
Digging Deku's goofy expressions in this chapter.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Twiddy posted:

Good job Todoroki.

Now all you have to do once you've surpassed All Might is go up to your father and say, "Now you're third best."
This would be such a goddamn slam-dunk.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
I loving love all of these characters. Seriously, it's great how they're all interesting and likeable in their own specific ways.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
I know that all the names were in all-caps, but "TETSU TETSU TETSU TETSU" is kind of perfect.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Bad Seafood posted:

Hmm, no, they changed it.

Seems to call him "Kid."
Booooooooooooo!

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Bad Seafood posted:

...Scruff McGruff? :stare:
Chicago, Illinois! 60652!

Also, loving hell Stain pulling his knife free.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Nah. He's a hot-headed, constantly angry rival that wants to be Nš1, has a grudge against the hero and a gigantic ego.

Bakugou is the most Vegeta character since Vegeta.
So, in My Hero Academia Abridged...
Ghost All-Might: "I'm haunting you, my boy!"

Zero_Tactility fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Oct 11, 2015

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
I would also be down for Captain Haddock swearing from Bakugou.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

ConanThe3rd posted:

Well next week we're getting his Evil Face so that'll probably set the bar for Iida shinanigins.
It's still one of my favorite moments in the manga, and the VA seems to be getting into it in the next episode preview, so it should be pretty good.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
The expressions for the bummed out suit cop at the beginning of the chapter are TOP NOTCH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Baal posted:

I really want that fuckin all might reaction as an av
That whole chapter was really good for Small Might having actual expressions and facially conveying emotion. I really liked that aspect.

Also, Tokoyami trying to block his door was my favorite bit this time around.