Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

tlarn posted:

Throw me into the pile of people that got into the series because of the frog girl and and are now following it because it's pretty cool. :getin:

Also yeah, gravity powers are loving terrifying when you realize that mass and density stays the same when all you're doing is modulating how much force gravity has on something, and thus how much it weighs. Swing around a thick block of lead like it's nothing and you can do some serious damage.

Yeah gravity girl has a ridiculous power. She only has to touch a person once and they're basically hosed and can't fight anymore(unless they can fly). Most of the powers we've seen so far are pretty good actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't think she can make stuff heavier(yet), just make stuff lighter.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

FH_Meta posted:

I hope not; after all, Zeppeli did a number on the last thing that frog was on.

(More on topic, I want to see what gets sent to the school to take on All Might. With a group of villains like that, it's gotta be interesting looking.)

I figure he'll get sent on a fake errand right before the attack or something.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Personal_Nirvana posted:

Well yeah, i hope you're right otherwise we will get Naruto 2.0. :tinfoil:

You realize a protagonist going bad doesn't automatically make a bad story right? Naruto just handled it really poorly.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Samba De Amigo posted:

I imagine she was able to run faster than Deku in the sprint, thanks to Deku being useless in every test basically.

The real answer is to not think about it though.

I think they meant the qualifier.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Maybe she can turn certain materials invisible with her? If she had a weapon of some sort it wouldn't be too hard to disable robots after sneaking up on them.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mr. Fowl posted:

Well, they did say you could take WHATEVER you wanted into the qualifier with you. Maybe she's handy with traps.

EDIT: Or, no one noticed that she didn't pass and she just appeared in homeroom.

The thing is it looks like she can only make herself invisible. So the robots would see traps floating around and know where she is.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's not supposed to be fair, the school is for the elite.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How does Grapeboy's hat even work? It's like Jotaro's hat.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's probably the translation.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Chapter 17

Does Noumu negate all physical attacks maybe? That would sure be a hard counter to All Might.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Dec 6, 2014

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
There are rough translations of Chapter 19, Chapter 20, and Chapter 21 out. The grammar isn't great, and they were translated from the Portuguese version, but it's better than nothing.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mercury Hat posted:

I read the other chapters and while they were perfectly understandable, I hope there's a better English translation coming than "but the eyeballs were completely crushed, this can cause serious damage to his eyes".

Yeah I laughed at that too. Fallen Angels has 19 and 20 already translated, they're just waiting for them to be cleaned. Apparently this series is a bitch to clean.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah even if they knew that Midoriya and All Might had a connection, the logical conclusion to that would be All Might chose an apprentice with a super strength quirk like him, not that he transferred his quirk.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Dec 12, 2014

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well yeah, that's probably one of the reason All Might wants his quirk kept secret.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm waiting for an attack name that is unintentionally hilarious/offensive, like New Orleans Hurricane or something.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

kidcoelacanth posted:

I checked the raws, the head is obscured by text in the original so it's likely just the redrawer not knowing what to do

That's amazing.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Didn't All Might already say that he was born quirk-less? I'm pretty sure he told Deku as much in the second chapter or so. It's likely All For One can only be used by quirkless people.

All Might was originally going to look for All For One candidates in the school so I kinda doubt it can only be used by quirkless people. And no, he never said he was quirkless.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

dordreff posted:

Deep-Fried Ice Cream Lad talked about his dad briefly, I'm expecting this to figure in a flashback sequence where we see exactly why he's so rude, crude, and full of 'tude.

I think his flashback will probably focus on the burn on his face, and why his hero suit covers his fire side with ice.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I hope invisible girl wins the race because no one was paying attention to her.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
^^^ The raw for 25 came out a few days ago but other than that we're caught up.

Now that you mention it, Eraserhead could probably wreck All Might since his power is a transformation/strength enhance. Unless there's some limit to how much "power" he can erase or something.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think the idea is he managed to catch up because everyone was forced to slow way down for the minefield.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
She was wrecking robots left and right in the entrance exam wasn't she? I think she just makes them float in the air and then drops them. Even a 5 foot drop would be devastating to a robot that big.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Woops, wrong one. She boosts the body's own abilities to heal, maybe she can do other things too.

If she really is a pure support power then she probably didn't apply for the hero exam like the other departments.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah unless you have some super regeneration power his ice is basically an instant win if it hits you.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Say Nothing posted:

Oh geez, Sticky Mouse. Did you pull Momo's shirt open on purpose?

She pulled it open near the start to make a cannon. She seems to be the fanservice character but at least she has a reason for it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The next events will just ramp up the point values more and more, making the previous events pointless.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Say Nothing posted:

I wonder if the headless character (not invisigirl) is a jibe at the translator who accidentally removed a character's head when moving word bubbles around?

Uh, I hope you mean the cleaner/translator.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Waffleman_ posted:

All Might losing his powers sucks. Also, why did they have to look for the Dragon Balls every time? Why not just put them in one place and use them like whenever?

The Dragon Balls scattered over the Earth every time a wish was made.

:goonsay:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Grape boy's grapes don't stick to himself. Tape guy could probably tape it around his forehead though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Emzedoh posted:

If Grapes can't stick grapes to himself, how did he manage to hitch a ride on class rep girl last chapter? He can switch it on and off.

So yeah, his quirk is absurdly well suited to this challenge.

I'm just going by what the character said.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Gyges posted:

Is it a burn scar? I thought it shrunk and increased relative to how much ice or fire quirk he was using. I'm pretty sure that when he was fighting the villain invasion it got tiny when he froze everything.

Nope.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Fabricated posted:

If All Might is going to die it's gonna happen soonish if they plan on killing him off in muscleguy form because in the space of two weeks he's dropped from 2-3 hours of herotime to barely 50 minutes and it's only decreasing faster. He eventually won't be able to transform, so unless he's going to die in twerp form we got maybe this arc and another.

It only decreased that fast because of the injuries he got from Noumu.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Waffleman_ posted:

What if the power transfer only works if the one being transferred to doesn't have a quirk? I wonder how many other toebones there are out there.

This is pretty doubtful since All Might as originally going to look for a successor in the Academy.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I like that her body is weird and she's not just a supermodel with a frog face like some other series might do it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm really interested to see how he's going to beat a mind control quirk in a one-on-one fight.

Also tape guy gonna get wrecked.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think we're gonna see a huge upset from at least one of these fights.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Also Momo can probably just make a bunch of flashbangs to make his shadow useless.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Say Nothing posted:

Shinsou being described as "A normal student without anything special" makes me wonder if his 'ability' is actually a quirk, or does he just have an extremely good grasp of psychology, which he uses to control people?

Are you serious? The people he's mind controlled are shown being really confused after being let out of it, with presumably no memories of what happened. That and apparently all you need to do to get caught in it is reply to his words.

Anyway I think Midoriya is way too smart to get immediately caught by Shinshou's quirk after being warned about it from tail-boy. I think this is some sort of trick; tape recorder maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Bad Seafood posted:

Nah, they definitely tidied-up the One For All bit. Comes off as less of a deus ex machina now since Deku actually saves himself, One For All just stalls him long enough to realize what he has to do.

You mean the translation on batoto? Because that definitely reads like One-For-All saved him.