Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The more serious injuries the main cast gets the bigger the chance this ends with a time travel retcon ending that eliminates all quirks and then Deku and Bakugo are cops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Is it true Shonen Jump tells series to start wrapping it up if they go on for too long to avoid another situation of Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach just being mainstays for several years?

Why would they? When a series gets popular like that it just prints money

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't think we're supposed to post spoilers until at least the early translation comes out

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nessus posted:

Vegeta certainly won his fight against that entire village of Namekians

Did those villagers actually ever get revived? Last I remember them being mentioned was when they revived everyone Frieza killed and Vegeta came out all smugly saying “Haha but that village I killed didn’t get resurrected”

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I still don’t quite understand how you make a plasma cannon out of organic animal parts.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If we didn’t already know this was the final arc I’d say this was going to end in a loss for the heroes and timeskip. Only thing I can think of to save this is the international heroes will show up(hopefully with The Crawler) to give the heroes some time to regroup

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Sindai posted:

It makes exactly as much sense as "filling himself with tiny explosions has given him super physical abilities" so I'm not counting it out.

Didn’t the official translation just say he was emitting explosions from anywhere on his body? That makes way more sense(and works well as a power up for Bakugo).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Woozie66 posted:

I still appreciate that One Piece never made Luffy the son of Roger. That seemed like it was always going to be the reveal, especially because they hinted at his grandpa before his father. So the story focusing on inherited will, not direct bloodlines, is way more interesting that way.

I mean he's still the son of the Revolutionary leader and grandson of a legendary marine.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
She already had a face reveal though

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If they can make clothes that Mineta’s balls won’t stick to you’d think they’d be able to make clothing that goes invisible with Hagakure.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Being able to use invisible tools would definitely give her a power up that she desperately needs. Too late for that at this point

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Could you imagine if this arc just suddenly had a Mineta chapter?

I can’t even remember what battlefield he’s on

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I didn’t really understand what happened this chapter, just like when Fajin was introduced. I’m sure it’ll be explained next chapter

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Eggplant Squire posted:

It's Spinner's time to shine!!!!

Honestly though I don't remember what was going on with Spinner now. Why was he looking all muscled out and drooling?

AFO gave him some extra quirks before the battle, which presumably doesn’t give him much longer to live.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I like how big lady still doesn’t get a name

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Was Toga’s role in this just to transform into Twice?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

FireWorksWell posted:

The only way it turns out worse is that it's all a ruse and Toga secretly got turned to the hero side with an offscreen speech.

God this is what will happen isnt it

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nephthys posted:

Another thing about early Bleach that got dropped was that one friend of Ichigo's who was inexplicably some kind of super spy.

I assume you mean Mizuiro though I'm not sure why you think he was some sort of spy

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Delphisage posted:

Or he finds Overhaul and finally steals his quirk after leaving it one of the biggest plotholes in this story.

Not really a plot hole, AfO prefers quirks that don't require much training to use and Overhaul's seems quite complicated to use effectively

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Maybe he just doesn’t consider it worth the time to train

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nephthys posted:

You can see him fighting in his prime in one of the movie one-shots that showed him fighting Nana. He still used the dark lightning but combined it with some crazy body-horror and final fantasy crystal quirks:

I think the mouth made of individual rows of teeth is my favorite.

If you can emit quirks from any part of your body I guess it would make sense to just cover as much of the battlefield in your "body" as possible

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don’t think Aizawa’s quirk is any weaker, it’s just harder to use effectively with only 1 eye.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Sadly no chapter this week.

No official translation this week but the chapter that is supposed to drop on the 7th got leaked so we should get speedscans soon.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So “Rei” is Shoto right? It doesn’t make sense for Rei herself to be there and Endeavor’s having tons of hallucinations

EDIT: Oh wait the Todoroki family was in the evacuation block that stopped moving near Dabi. I guess it could actually be her then.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 02:21 on May 8, 2023

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Vinylshadow posted:

https://twitter.com/wsj_manga/status/1663422036927021057

Who knew all those "Koichi is Spider-Man" jokes would finally land

Honestly for Spider-man this isn't that weird

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Okay fine, he survived. But after this if Dabi isn’t like mostly cyborg after most of his flesh is charcoal I’m calling bullshit.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Imagine your quirk awakening and it just lets you change your blood type. I guess you’d be a hero at the blood donation bank.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So this is explicitly confirming that Bakugo and the 2nd are unrelated, no dumb time travel theory.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Are we gonna see Bakugo punch a baby next chapter? An evil baby, but still

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Sudden break this week btw

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Valentin posted:

he's gonna end up left with one, probably blackwhip which is very obviously horikoshi's favorite and which he already has used for a form of pseudo super strength. that cleanly resolves the "more than one quirk is maybe bad for your body" non-issue to boot.

That didn’t need resolving, it was never a problem for Deku because he was quirkless

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It’s probably too strong at this point to be transferred to anyone anymore, even someone quirkless

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah there are two issues with OFA:
- Having more than one quirk(all the quirks inside OFA count as a single quirk) is bad for your body so anyone with an existing quirk who receives OFA has their lifespan reduced
- OFA becomes stronger over time which puts a bigger strain on the user’s body(and also makes the previous issue worse)

Deku is effectively the last user because it’s now too strong to safely pass on, even to someone quirkless(they’ll just blow up their limbs when they first activate it) and if it’s passed to someone with an existing quirk they probably wouldn’t last a month anyway

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I suppose passing it to someone with super regeneration could work but it’d be a bit awkward to blow up your arm everytime you punch

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well he had it for like 5 minutes tops so he’ll probably be fine

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

"What was the point of (cliffhanger that didn't go anywhere)?" is a question I've been asking a lot ever since the final arc started. Remember the zoom-in on the Invisible Girl being the traitor?

You mean the fake-out that was solved literally the next chapter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It'll inexplicably continue after this arc with the next school year