Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

what happens if someone accidentally eats Midoriya's hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

could AfO have given his ability to give quirks to another person?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I had assumed his dad had died or something, not that he was literally just never home like Jotaro's jazz musician father

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

I wonder what the significance of Deku's hand being the only solid part of his body in that dream/vision is.

All Might is wispy/smoky which I think speaks to that he's not dead yet and not fully part of the One For All collective. The other holders of OFA are fully solid and in clear view, and I don't remember where it was said but I'm pretty sure everyone prior to All Might is dead now. Deku's hand is the hand that he wrecked almost to the point of uselessness, so does that mean that the power from that hand is now fully integrated with the OFA collective?

OfA is a power based on the idea of its holder being a martyr who's willing to exhaust themselves for their ideals. Midoriya's hand is proof of his martyrdom

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I think Hagekure's inclusion is the worst Horny Inclusion in the comic tbh

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

quirks, no, Nen abilities, yes

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Mulderman posted:

So let´s all ignore every piece of evidence that Horikoshi is going to do better regarding this subject, and stay focused on something that isn´t even his fault.

I get it, series like Assassination Classroom exsist. But can we please stop pretending that´s the status quo and let the guy tell his story?

I'm not trying to tell people to get over their own hangups regarding Endeavor and his current portrayal. But let's be honest here. Fire rapist is going a bit far now isn't it.

"fire rapist" is an absolutely ridiculous thing to write, yes

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Begemot posted:

It's funny that the jiang-shi guy's power has nothing to do with them. I guess he just likes the aesthetic, which is fair, everyone needs a gimmick.

actually it makes me think of that Marvel vs Capcom character (maybe they're from Darkstalkers?) who shoots knives and other weapons from her long sleeves and this dude essentially shoots little blades from his sleeves, so maybe there's some kind of allusion we're not aware of

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

any time Hagakure is on screen I'm afraid the joke is gonna be she whips someone in the face with a titty or something dumb like that

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

chiasaur11 posted:

I heard a loud "gently caress YOU" from my audience when he showed up, which was amusing.

MHA fans are terrible

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I can't believe Manga's power is literally Echoes: Act 3

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

what if the Super Friends go into seclusion after a big victory for Shigaraki and that's a time skip

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I liked Mushroom Girl's look but her power isn't very well thought-out

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

is it a standard trope of manga to skip second year and go straight to third?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the difference between readms and jb this week has really cemented how bad jb's can be.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

how come the next chapter's on the 19th?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

That's a scanlation and the translation is, just as tradition, confusing :v:

Did Mirko kick clean through the doctor's arm?

I don't think Mocha's quirk is Twice's (this is possibly a translation issue) -- previous issues implied that Daruma gets the quirks from forcibly removing them from people's bodies -- but it's some sort of cloning/transposing quirk it seems. The doctor's arm seems to be damaged after Mocha got kicked into the next dimension and the armsleeve is torn off.

The female nomu's headpiece seems to be her skull rolled back. Gnarly.

Miruko doesn't know what's happening, she just saw people melting like has been observed with Twice clones

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

MHA is shaping up to be a Dragon Ball or Naruto style powerhouse franchise, there's no way the editors aren't pushing to keep this thing going as long as possible, including a timeskip like the aforementioned manga had where the protagonist grows into himself and the odds become more dire

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

Wait then how loving short is the Doctor and his Nomu?

I just looked it up and Miruko is meant to be 5'2 3/4" and Izuku's 5'5". she looks like a monster, how can this be

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

i would like for this arc to be a big shake up with the heroes of japan getting crushed but we'll see

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

As lovely a character as Mineta is, sugar man, Dr. Does Little and Hagakure are all characters I’d put on the chopping block first

would anyone even notice if hagakure died

pretty sure horikoshi will not ever be able to let go of "naked teenage girl but she's invisible" though

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Sindai posted:

Wait, did we know All For One could create copies of quirks instead of stealing them? I thought he had to lose one to give it to someone else.

I think the doctor copies them, right?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm just going to be mad if things go back to the status quo after this where they're going to school and poo poo, like "oh no! Shigaraki is out there somewhere with All for One! well, I'm running late to eleventh grade"

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Hornikoshi

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Something something, Bakugo produces nitroglycerine, a vasodilator, and if he relaxes too much, he could literally pass out and his heart stop so he uses the adrenaline from stress and anger to keep himself upright and aware, and it comes across as being extra and spastic instead.

That's the theory I read once, and considering Horikoshi's usual attention to detail with regard to quirks, it seems plausible.

i think that's wack and he should just be an angry boy, thematic with the explosive nature of his quirk in like a cartoon way because it's a manga for teens

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Ramadu posted:

he sucks you drat nerd!!!!

bakugo fuckin whips and is a natural hero if not super great at being nice

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Rand Brittain posted:

Yeah, this is it. Bakugo has established that he's an explosive jerk who has no concept of manners or softness but it's okay because "he says what needs to be said." This is a pretty common abuser profile.

People make fun of him but only in ways that don't actually force him to change. Has anybody actually confronted the fact that he's pretty much completely unfit to be a hero?

it's a comic and a cartoon, man. i know the teenage superheroes are basically cops but that doesn't mean they're hitting their wives like them

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Rhonne posted:

Deku's final quirk will be an attack similar to, but legally distinct from, the Kamehameha, which he will use to vaporize Shigaraki down to the last cell.

boy that's gonna make me mad when it definitely happens

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I still don't really know what the quirk singularity is supposed to be because of unofficial scans

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

Boy that guy Chad sure did have one humdinger of a character arc

that guy was sick. did he or the girl ever end up mattering in the long run or was it just the Quincy-Sasuke guy

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it's not being some kind of comics edgelord to want some stakes or maybe the ballooned cast the author has proven he can't juggle successfully pruned

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Kild posted:

you had this same exact argument 2 years ago

it's a dumbass argument too

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

handwringing over one piece just won't work in the thread for my hero academia, the one with momo

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Julias posted:

I like how the MHA thread constantly devolves into chatting about other shonen series instead :allears:

Anyways Orochimaru getting amnesty always read as all the kages admitting that if Orochinaru didn't resurrect the hokages, then Madara/Kaguya would have won, and thinking to themselves that if they killed him, he'd just revive himself via another bullshit backup scheme. I could also definitely see Naruto stepping in and saying "ehhh don't do human experiments anymore and we're fine" to go along with the theme of the Pain arc.

I assume the ninja CIA is all over Orochimaru's lab, even if he's aware of it and they're doing a little dance of mutual intelligence-gathering. we're all buds now

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

are you happy now, Arist

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Mulva posted:

The real pro move would be having Deku kill Shigaraki and become the new All for One. Just to completely loving rub All Might's face in it.

through an unknown function of the quirk he gave his brother

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

but wasn't it something about how the mangaka had some affiliation that was damning?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Onmi posted:

No? It's "Dot Pixis looks like some old Japanese war criminal" and "Hey he said comparing what Japan did to Korea to the Holocaust is... not comparable" At most he's nationalist, which was blown up to Imperialist, and that's it. No other damning connection as far as I can tell.

that's good, then, the way this had gotten to me was I thought it became known he had some love for that era or was one of those Japanese people who is into WW2 German stuff

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

can't help but think MHA is jumping the shark with this mental world where ghosts hang out stuff. imagine explaining that to the frog girl, whose quirk is that she's a frog.

"my quirk lets me talk to dead people in a special Naruto-like world." "oh... I have a long tongue, ribbit"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

A Single Sphink posted:

I mean, Mirko's quirk is "I'm a rabbit," and she hurricanrana'd a Nomu's head clean off.

yeah and if you explained it to her, she would say, "what the gently caress? I'm just rabbity. you get a spirit world?"