Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

That was great. And of course Aoyama wasn't the traitor, Ochaco is the one that needs the money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Nonexistence posted:

I want there to be a traitor so we can watch Nezu politely but effectively interrogate them

Why would Nezu interrogate himself?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Who do you think will be the next hero to be left quirkless? I'd be a bit disappointed if the League of Villains ends up wasting all the serum after that awesome theft chapter.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Lt. Lizard posted:

Deku is the true traitor. The whole narration setup is not him telling story about how he became the greatest hero to a rapt audience, it's him delivering after-action report about how he eliminated the entire Hero Society (becoming only and thus technically the greatest hero) to cackling All for One.

I feel like I've already read that fanfic.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

kidcoelacanth posted:

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/my-hero-academia/en/0/172/page/1

I'm glad Horikoshi has finally acknowledged Mina as the true main character

I think you meant to say Jiro. :colbert:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

and

are the exact representation of my attempts to learn guitar

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

kinda the opposite of how they describe her voice

Nothing that a lot of whisky and cigars can't solve.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Fabricated posted:

It's gonna be literally who and everyone knows it.

I only maintain an inkling of a feeling it'll be a 1-A student because it would leave an opening for Shinsou to join the class.

I hope it's Mineta.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Rhonne posted:

My prediction is the Deku wins, but ends up missing the classes performance.

That would make Eri sad and that's not allowed. :colbert:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Bobulus posted:

Am I remembering wrong, it was Deku planning to work on gaining a ranged attack next? Not sure how the gloves will accomplish that. Since he's been copying moves off other kids, maybe that's a clue?

He'll throw his hair at this enemies just like Mineta, hoping they have their mouths open and swallow it. Wait a couple of hours or days until they have to overexert themselves and calmly watch them explode. Shame it'd work only once.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Deku's such a good boy.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

JahRoo posted:

they'll be deku's team rocket

I'd love if they were just really ineffective but Deku tries to make them feel good by "beating" them every time they reappear.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

:thunk:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

what does this mean?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Rhonne posted:

I hope Gentle loses, but is so inspired by Deku's heart that he and La Brava start a Deku watching fan channel where they obsessively stalk him everywhere he goes, recording his exploits.

Maybe this entire arc is just setup for a future where La Brava will power up Deku against someone, getting 100% again (like the Eri loophole).

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I'm not sure Deku is acting wrong or overreacting, Gentle and La Brava are criminals. It's not like they are pranking people for their youtube channel, they're have filmed themselves committing crimes and have violently attacked normal people. We may be sympathetic to them because they have fun personalities but from Deku's point of view they are villains. It doesn't help that their plan is to infiltrate UA but even if they were simply walking around Deku would still be justified in trying to detain them.

lunar detritus fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Apr 6, 2018

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

bacon flaps posted:

He's probably only pushing 30 anyway. Anime old.

That's Gran Torino. Gentle is probably 21, anime middle age.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Now that we know about his past... I bet the next arc or the next after that one are going to bring Shinso into the spotlight again. There's no way the similarities with Gentle are a coincidence.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I'm sad because this is probably the last time Jirou will ever be anything close to a "main" character but that was amazing.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

At the speed everything's going, I doubt we'll see them going into second year until maybe 2030.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

how much time has been spent in the comic so far anyway

these kids are going to get ptsd from running into mortal peril every month

I was being snippy in my post but I'm honestly not sure. The training camp was 3 months into the school year then the rescue happens immediately after. Is the date mentioned anywhere in the overhaul arc?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

who's gonna be the piccolo to all might's goku in this driving license episode

Deku's mom, obviously.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Nonexistence posted:

Anime thread discussing who's the traitor :allears:

Well, we still don't know. :v:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

If not apparent, I love your avatar.

Me too, I couldn't resist. :3:

lunar detritus fucked around with this message at 20:38 on May 19, 2018

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

It's me, I'm the traitor, sorry guys.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Fabricated posted:

I only think it might be a 1-A student because it leaves an opening for Shinsou.

https://twitter.com/Floatzxs_/status/997239286222082048

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

The way the anime has been improving the already good manga chapters is giving me hope that they'll be able to improve Overhaul's. :pray:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Roland Jones posted:

On a tangent, USJ also had him canceling Shigaraki's power mid-disintegration, which is kind of weird if you think about it. It implies that, while Shigaraki just needs a touch to activate his power and not prolonged contact, something in him powers the destruction even after contact is broken, even though he can't turn it off himself. That, or Horikoshi didn't have everything worked out at that time.

I'm sure that if pressed Horikoshi can say that Shigaraki's disintegration is powered by microorganisms that die if his quirk is deactivated.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I'm liking the Endeavor arc but I'm reading MHA because of Deku and Class A. :negative:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Rhonne posted:

Speaking of the kids, the volume 19 cover is cute:

Let's talk about Momo's jazz hands.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

I mean, if you take things to their max power levels. You don't even have to stop there. Who's to say Eri can't rewind more than just things and people? Maybe she'll bring Nana and Nighteye back from the dead too.

But that's how you get spiral nemeses.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Rhonne posted:

I really want them to meet.

source

I can endure the current boring arc if it means next arc we'll get them meeting.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

This tweet reflects perfectly what I think about this arc and Endeavor
https://twitter.com/thatmightyheart/status/1009479706733735936

lunar detritus fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jun 20, 2018

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/Color_Division/status/1012534395922731008
https://twitter.com/Color_Division/status/1012542539247902720

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Hopeford posted:

Bakugou moon land now canon.

https://twitter.com/grovndzero/status/1013840683776475136

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochii/status/1013681981798825984

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Agronox posted:

Love that Gentle is the old man, washed up, total loser decrepit age of 32.

:same:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Vinylshadow posted:

MHA is a nice wholesome manga that everyone should read

oh my god my heart

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I really care about what's canon and what's not but maybe that's because the distinction is kinda important when everything ends up getting diluted in your brain after reading way too much fanfiction. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Scholtz posted:

Deku's gonna get shot by the quirk erasing bullet and he's gonna somehow give himself OfA, become his own successor, and grow even more powerful.

For some reason this feels both dumb and really plausible. Like it'd be a batman gambit moment where Deku says after the fact "I knew this could happen so I stored this hair"