Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Yesterday at 5pm, I reread No. 57 of the manga, the issue where the characters discuss the aftermath of the fight with Stain.

Yesterday at 9pm, I was at the emergency room, getting stitches in my left thumb after accidentally cutting myself preparing dinner. I may need surgery in order to reattach a nerve and regain feeling.

In other words, the curse of the Handcrusher is real!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

I will accept 30 new students in class A if it gets me another Ochako focus chapter that isn’t implicitly about her crush on the protagonist.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Was the traitor not Hawks? I always thought the traitor was Hawks. It’s been awhile since I read that stuff though so I assume there’s a good reason he has been ruled out.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Uraraka vs Bakugo should have been 8 chapters and ended with Ochako winning

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

"Spiderman has to team up with the Punisher!" is a classic superhero story, and I wouldn't be surprised if Horikoshi was just as drawn to it as every Western writer.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Arist posted:

The main series of MHA goes bigger, sure, but the personal stakes always feel like such an afterthought. Both the war arc and this last Vigilantes chapter are the culminations of years worth of setup in the manga, but Vigilantes is really the only one utilizing all that groundwork to create intimate personal drama (though, ironically for me, the Bakugo stuff in the war arc is some of the only stuff that actually did kind of do that). I feel Koichi's conflict in this last chapter much deeper than I ever have Deku's.

The panel where Bakugo takes the hit and knocks Deku out of the way legitimately gave me chills in a way I haven’t felt about MHA since, like, maybe even All Might versus All for One. A perfect moment. I definitely agree that stuff was the strongest moment of the war arc, at least on the side of the heroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Maybe he can get physical therapy from the rear end Hero, Donkey Hote.