Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Mystic Mongol posted:

Please don't tell me you really thought they were anal beads. They're sticky, the first one would adhere to the buttocks and block the rest of them from entering the anus. You wouldn't be able to insert them without shredding the flesh around the sphincter and covering the beads with them, which might be a good special attack but isn't particularly heroic.

do not kinkshame our friend mineta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Petiso posted:

I believe Horikoshi really likes'em superheroes.

this is some weird optical illusion where every time i look there are more venoms than the previous time

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

alot of mha's plot beats are generic, that doesn't stop it from being good and well-written

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Vengarr posted:

Except making a son that can surpass All Might doesn't really help Endeavor himself in any way. If all he wanted was to be #1, whatever the cost, he wouldn't have flipped out when All Might retired. He -IS- #1 now, but it appears to be a hollow achievement for him--which wouldn't be the case if he was just in it for the fame and fortune.

His motivations seem a little complex to me--as in, he has a little bit of a complex.

it's all just about endeavor's ego, which fame is a part of satisfying even if there's a distinction between the two

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

a big part about deku's character is that he was an unspecial nobody who started getting people's attention for no other reason than his desire to help other people to the best of his ability, making him closely related to anyone genuinely important would be real dumb

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Work Friend Keven posted:

That would be dumb, just like another guy I know. He's the village ninja dunce who only got anywhere thanks to his hard work, but also his parents were super good famous ninjas. His name? Naruto.

i actually wanted to bring up goku's dad who also happened to be the one not-dickhead saiyan and also happened to fight frieza and also happened to be a super saiyan

and didn't bleach do this too?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

tap my mountain posted:

Bardock never really fought him either, Frieza didn't have to leave his little car to kill him.

in fairness i've never actually watched the bardock stuff i just kinda absorbed it secondhand from games or wherever else but it all sounded really dumb

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i want to ignore bardock but i'm playing db fusions and he's my strongest unit rn so he's on my brain alot until i get someone to replace him

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

do we know for sure if this is gonna be 13 episodes again?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i basically never remember that deku isn't actually his name

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

this chapter's quality almost makes up for ochako only being #10 what the hell japan

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

She's barely done anything since the last poll.

Like, that doesn't mean much since Jirou's done less but it could partially account for the dropped ranks.

she should be coasting off of the bakugou fight for like, 3 years

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Fabricated posted:

Generally I don't think WSJ readers like the MC hooking up with anyone before the end unless they start out as a couple with somebody.

Really, I'll be happy so long as we don't get the "Everyone that can pair off in the main cast pairs off and has kids for some reason" ending. I hate that poo poo and it'd make even less sense in a series set in a world more like ours- most people don't hook up with their high-school sweethearts.

momo and mineta are gonna get married in the ending

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

I find it funny that Nejire's hero name is just her name with chan at the end.

the one character who notices her name doubles as a pun for her powerset

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

gnome7 posted:

At long last, a dad worse than Endeavor.

poor guy can't even be #1 in awful parenting

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Peel posted:

Nighteye being a Precure fan is extremely good.

a fatalist who always sees things coming could definitely benefit from the optimism and predictability of kid's shows

(that's my own excuse at least)

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Blackheart posted:

Imagine all the powers he'd get from eating hotdogs.

the rat and the pigeon could help for getaways but i'm not sure how the shoe would come into play

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

suneater really makes me want an mha fight game

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ojiro will get a big moment where he grows a second tail and learns to fly

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

getting a face full of explosion over and over isn't exactly kid gloves and deku's not exactly a great comparison because the amount of abuse he suffered was self-inflicted to show how far he still needs to go to control his power and not something we should be seeing from every character

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Kanos posted:

Deku ended the match blown into a wall and knocked unconscious and that was 100% all Todoroki's doing, not Deku's self-harm which is a separate issue. Todoroki was similarly blasted into an ice wall so hard by Bakugou that he blacked out.

so all three examples are where people took hits until they got knocked unconscious

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

gotta admit though, I Cannot Stop Perving rolls off the tongue pretty well

maybe mineta just needs a re-branding

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

The Lord of Hats posted:

What all goes in to achieving that look? I can tell there's white makeup on the edges of her eyelids, I'm pretty sure she has contacts in to make her irises bigger, and I *think* the upper line on the eyelashes helps exaggerate it further, but man the whole thing together is super convincing.

unless i'm getting it mixed up w/a different tsuyu cosplayer i saw on my dashboard a while ago i'm pretty sure her eyes are closed and that's actually her top eyelid painted really convincingly

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Kuros posted:

Prepare for incoming tumblr posts detailing the various gender identities and sexual orientations of every single character.

i'm waiting, when are they getting here

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Aurora posted:

"This manga is never having [x] be gay"

[manga has two trans characters]

the cat guy and who else?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

whoops, i forgot magne was even a character

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Terper posted:

Have you ever realized that Harry is actually the jock

He constantly breaks the rules for his own gain and has the rules broken for him, he becomes the best sportsman in the school in his first year, the only one in the school that doesn't like him is a greasy weirdo who hangs out in the cellar with his fat friends

he's also hella rich and wants to grow up to be a cop

basically harry sucks

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

It's all for the best, that makes it okay.

I should've known goons would get weird as soon as a little girl showed up as a character, tbh.

that's some weird unnecessary shade to throw

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i very much want to read the au where the VA trio are deku's classmates

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

No he said go on a date with me then called her a devil. As he contradicts himself.

lol @ this guy who wouldn't date a devil

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Fabricated posted:

There's a deeply shameful part of me that is seriously rooting for her to get lodged with the kids for a while so we can get a sickeningly saccharine SoL cooldown arc with the kids spoiling her.

this probably won't happen in the story but it's such a really obvious + cute idea i bet some good fanart of that idea will crop up sometime soon

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

hey guys here's an innocuous anime episode summary with nothing absurd or unbelievable in it PSYCHE APRIL FOOLS BICTH

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

mineta is a cartoon person

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

I forget, why is Iceman so broken again?

because bad comic book writers spend too much time thinking about how super powers would physically work if they happened in real life

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

tbh i find this treatment of endeavor far more interesting story-wise than if he just existed for todoroki to poo poo on about being a bad dad or whatever it is people mad enough to send death threats want; it's absolutely not a 'redemption' but it's a good look into his own point of view as the new number 1 in a post-all might world

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Galvanik posted:

I just think it's weird that nobody got this mad about Shoto forgiving his mother, the one who scalded off half his face.

it's easier for people to look past that because she was also being actively abused by endeavor at the time

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Fabricated posted:

Tsuyu was right

on the one hand this is true

on the other hand tsuyu is still kind of a boring character once you look past her cool character design

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

BioThermo posted:

Speaking of whom, the 4th popularity poll is open as of last week. Are we going to see Shinso once again break the top ten despite existing for a single panel during the gentle arc during the last 50 chapters?

Hopefully yes, or at least we see more of the guy. The way his powers line up against Shigaraki has potential.

the last popularity poll happened around the time shinso's episodes of the anime aired, that's why he got a huge spike out of nowhere

so going by that logic, someone like ms joke or tornado boy will do unusually well

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

shinso is a good early look at someone who current quirk society has failed, having to deal with unfair prejudices for something entirely out of his control

i dunno if there's much more to mine from that than what his first appearance already showed off, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

gmq posted:

On the bright side it's not the "the singularity is about time travel and the shadowed OfA users are literally Bakugo and Kirishima" theory that I've seen being talked about in twitter.

i think you found a homestuck fan