Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I thought it was funny that he was tricked by the vantablack guy hiding inside Dark Shadow, which is the most obvious move he could have done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Re-Destro already ditched his big goofy wheelchair. That thing looked fun.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I have also heard that Toriyama is not passionate at all about making manga and just sees it as a job.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

The rumour that Goku is real and strong and my friend is true, though

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I suddenly realize that I might have read the "Toriyama just does manga to pay the bills" thing in this very thread and it may have spawned this exact conversation. I'm getting like 3 separate feelings of deja vu all at once.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Compress has a fun power and a goofy aesthetic and I want him to actually do something cool in the dang story for once.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I guess I'm just disappointed because he seems like a character who should have something wacky up his sleeve (like, literally up his sleeve) whenever it's time for villain antics.
It's a powerful quirk that could be used very creatively!

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

He could have had a career as the "before" model for skin care products. Alas.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

It would be pretty good if Deku unlocked his natural quirk and it's the ability to attract fire to himself like some horrible burn magnet.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I dunno, Mirio is a glitchy bethesda game character so it's absolutely possible that he will suddenly become aggressive and murderous for no reason.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I like how it's been slowly unfolding over several sketch pages now. It's my favourite plotline.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Twice's quirk is completely absurd but it is balanced by the fact that it belongs to Twice.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Professorjuggalo posted:

i said it forever ago but anyone who wears a ski mask under their normal mask as casual attire HAS to be super hosed up

Personally hoping that he wears a domino mask under his ski mask.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

He conjured up a bunch of clones of his buddies while he was rescuing Giran, some of them were pretty confused about it.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

His deal is that he's a very good boy.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Listen, I am prepared for character deaths, but that was too far.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

It is funny that having no quirk is seen as a big deal when the people of this universe have access to crazy technology that honestly surpasses a lot of quirks.
A quirkless person who learns to use a fancy Aizawa battle-scarf is still more powerful than a person with a lame or even mid-level quirk.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Right, but most characters in the spotlight are people with good quirks suitable for being a hero/villain, while I get the impression that the "average" quirk is something like the ability to manipulate gravy or the power to insert a USB device the right side up every time or possibly the power to resemble a walrus.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

At one point All for One gained the world's most powerful quirk, which allows him to spawn Protagonists.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Isn't froppy's hero name and triangle mouth already a reference to keroppi? We've come full circle.

(Also All Might was obviously based on Hello Kitty to begin with but that's obvious enough that it doesn't need to be said)

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Hopefully an additional leg can be grafted onto her arm stump.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Hagakure looks so much taller than that! I call BS!

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

We haven't even encountered the titular "hero macadamia" yet

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

My prediction for the superhero comic is that the character named Dabi will set someone on fire while being very edgy.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Have none of you been applying lemon juice to your manga pages? Hagakure's been basically carrying this comic with her physical comedy and hilarious facial expressions this whole time. You can really tell when an artist has a favourite character to draw.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I forget, did Toga lose her nice coat?
If so, this is just tragedy after tragedy for her.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

If Magne had survived and Dabi had died, we'd get much wackier action scenes instead of "now there is fire" and I'm sad about that.

That said, I am warming up (<- hilarious joke) to Dabi because he sucks. He is exactly a teenager's edgy anime boy OC except without the mary sue-esque talent and unparalleled success. He's terrible on multiple levels and it kind of rules, actually.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Let's stop dancing around it and discuss what everyone's really thinking about: do you think Dabi's rear end is all burnt, purple and wrinkly or pale and pristine but held on by staples?

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I think the froppy fight used the onomatopoeia "froppy froppy" for her hopping, which is pretty good.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

It's true, one of the worst and most dangerous things you can do in a manga is mock or deride the concept of friendship. It's like gluing a giant fist magnet to your face.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Twice is infinte, so he is both infinitely great and infinitely bad. I am an expert on numbers and this is my accurate mathematical assessment.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

It is funny to imagine the tragic decline of the magician business as quirks became more commonplace. Everything has a price.

Now I'm really hoping that's Compress's entire story and motivation.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

What do you wear under your wacky masks, captain judgmental?

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Explosions are legal because everyone agrees that the are extremely cool.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I was going to jump in and defend Momo but then I realized that I had the names mixed up and thought the pink acid girl was Momo.
True Momo is the one that I always forget exists.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

That's been explained. He thought that growing to an incredibly inconvenient size would be a problematic power for a main character and difficult to write scenes around, so Ochako got a new quirk.

And eventually got relegated to side character anyway.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I would like Superman a lot more if he were called Clarky.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Yeah. We never reached a consensus on Dabi's rear end. Smooth and pale or crispy and purple? Pick a side and explain your reasoning. I won't rest until we get to the bottom of this (<- I made a hilarious pun and joke here but I'm serious about this discussion)

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

See I would also argue that he has skin grafts on all the parts of the body that you would want to look smooth and pristine. Personally, I would include the rear end in that category.
Of course Dabi is a twisted killer, and his opinions on the matter may differ strongly from mine! Perhaps in the mind of an evil criminal, a nasty rear end is best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Yeah obviously the washing machine is a suit, don't be ridiculous. His true form is a pile of wet clothes.