Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

I noticed she's got a good deal of fan art, so it seems she's popular among the Japanese readerbase as well.

That can't be good. :stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah, it would create a gust of wind proportionate to the amount of air getting displaced.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

So if he were to talk into sauna or something he would just explode on the spot? :v:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

SirKibbles posted:

Well duh, but it's how you do it. Compare Naruto to say One Piece who does the power of friendship thing better.

They could go the route of the original Yugioh manga where every villain gets handicapped, tortured or outright killed. :v:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

A Bystander posted:

I'm wondering if Grapeboy can turn off his Quirk at will once the balls are detached. He's already mentioned the longest they can last is a day if he is as healthy as he can be, but I'm curious if he's got to be smarter where he places those things if he can't turn them off.

I'd assume that what actually happens when he touches them isn't that they simply don't stick but rather that they get nullified.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Serious Frolicking posted:

Since everyone has powers and the heroes keep the villains in check, their society is presumably based on wealth. What's more, being a hero is apparently quite lucrative and being a villain appears to suck, which just further emphasizes the role of money. So, the people with strong quirks have large incentives to become heroes. In other words, it is all designed around keeping the people on top on top as usual.

All Might is a symbol of peace in that his existence makes being a villain seem even crappier than it would be otherwise.

All Might is the symbol of capitalism that dissuades the proletariat from rebelling against their super-powered oppressors. :ussr:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

JosephWongKS posted:

Ferguson Riots.

New York Crash.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Todoroki's team is made up of some goddamn hard hitters. You've got the 2 scholarship students with broken rear end powers, a dude who electrifies anyone who touches him, and a guy built for speed. On the other hand, Todoroki's powers open him up to accidental teamkilling, and lightning guy's desperation attack zaps everyone around him and turns him stupid. Wonder how that's gonna work.

Not at all for comedic purposes would be my guess.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Roland Jones posted:

It might just be him being pissed off at his father or wanting to prove he's better than him or something; his dad is the No. 2 hero around and a fire-based hero and all. Surpass his father in a way that shows that he's not the same, etc.

He's doing it in the lamest way possible though. He could be combining his fire and ice to conjure up storms and poo poo.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

fadam posted:

Some guy at my local comic store recommended this to me because it was "japan's take on superheroes." I'm only nine issues in so far, but it definitely seems to be more like the few episodes of Naruto I watched when I was a kid than any western superhero comic I'm familiar with. Does it ever get less shounen-y?

Your guy was wrong, japan's take on superheroes is Tiger & Bunny. :colbert:

VVVVVVV: We have a winner.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jul 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

I'll drop it, I get it. I prefer different art than you. This doesn't mean I want to gently caress/marry 15 year old imaginary characters though; what the gently caress is going on in your head that that's the first thing you thought of?

:aatrek:

It's not like there isn't a precedent. :v: