Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not Katsura, I'm Captain Katsura!

Level Slide posted:

Class, we have a new student transferring in today. Introduce yourself, Hitler Hero Killer.

You know, if you leave out his middle name, Hitler Killer sounds like an actual hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

Gintama is still the best when it comes to good filler. Honestly, Gintama is best experienced in anime form because of the filler. The most memorable filler moment is when one of the characters decided to waste like 5 minutes giving a lecture on anime filler. He explained why it exists, and then he explained the different ways of doing it. It was incredibly educational. Everyone should just watch Gintama.

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

Jintor posted:

Re: villains Muscle Fibre said he was basically assigned to take out Deku, right? So are they all hard counters for specific groups of students/teachers? Did they also know who had split up into which groups and tracked them down, or was it just dumb luck Muscle Fibre ran into Deku? I think it was the latter if I'm recalling the dialogue correctly.

I believe the orders were assigned to everyone, not just Muscle Fiber. Anyone who encountered Deku was supposed to kill him, whoever encountered Bakugou was supposed to do whatever they had planned for him, etc. They probably had assigned locations, like for the forest trap, and there were probably assigned people for the teachers, but I doubt they could have known where each student would be since the students picked the pairs at random.

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

AtomikKrab posted:

People on the "steal back the quirk bit" for A4O forget that O4A cannot be forcibly taken, allmight even told deku to not worry, unless you intend to pass on the quirk someone else taking your dna does not work.

This only applies to passing OfA to someone else through DNA. All Might said nothing about how OfA would hold up to being stolen by a quirk.

CaptianKatsura fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 9, 2016

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Actually he has a point
Through all the time OfA has existed I cant believe that AfO hasnt tried.

I'm not saying he's wrong, just that we don't have any actual information regarding whether or not AfO can steal OfA.

And I'd say it is possible that AfO hasn't tried. I barely remember the story of OfA and AfO, but didn't AfO think that his brother was quirkless? If so, he would have no knowledge of OfA from his brother, and the only OfA wielder that we know has come into contact with AfO is All Might, if I'm remembering correctly. So whether or not AfO works on OfA is still a complete mystery.

I have a pretty lovely memory, though, so please point out anything that's wrong.

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

Say Nothing posted:

I'm guessing quirks started post WWII, which makes a lot of sense when you think about it.

Napoleon Bonaparte was considered a "hero." So unless a hero decided to name himself after Napoleon, quirks have been around for a very long time.

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

LostRook posted:

I think Present Mic quoted him near the beginning and referred to him as a hero, but I don't think he meant hero in quite that way. The first quirk manifesting in what appeared to be a fairly modern Chinese hospital discounts that theory for me.

Yeah, Mic during the entrance exam quotes Napoleon and calls him a hero. When I think Napoleon, "hero" is not the first thing that comes to mind, so I interpreted this as him having a quirk. I don't remember receiving any details about the glowing baby other than it being in China, hence the timeline being such a big unknown.

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

Nuebot posted:

So here's a question. Has the series ever shown us Bakugou's family at any point?

There was a panel of Bakugou talking to his mother, but neither of his parents have made a physical appearance (at least not that I remember).

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

Roland Jones posted:

In the discussion about her goals it's outright stated that Uraraka would need permission to use her quirk anywhere. It's also been stated elsewhere that quirk use is heavily regulated, but I can't remember exactly where it was said and don't feel like rereading the whole series again to find it. It was explicitly stated, though.

It was stated in the newest episode, so the beginning of USJ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

Brought To You By posted:

A group of a combined 100,000 members who are from all walks of life including law enforcement, backed by two captains of the tech industry, a politician, and a media director. All of whom have been planning to reenact the terrorist manifesto they subscribe to which previously plagued the country to a still unknown scale doesn't sound like a small thing to me.

Someone earlier in the thread pointed out that that 100,000 number was probably just Redestro being optimistic/an idiot. That number lines up with the number of copies the manifesto has sold, and seeing as how his assistant who thought the book was rubbish has read it, we can assume not every reader is a follower. So while the organization has a lot of political and financial power, we don't really have a concrete grasp on their true numbers.

It might be because I don't analyze things too closely, but I also didn't have any problems with the conclusion of this fight. I kind of wish it had gone longer, but long fights have never been Horikoshi's strength. But all I wanted from this fight was a cool win for Toga, and splatting a bunch of people is a very cool way for a villain to win in my book.

CaptianKatsura fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 26, 2019