Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
They fixed the lovely typesetting if that was bothering you too, by the way. Also seems like they improved on the translation some and clarified what was going on with the One for All thing, though that might've just been me having poor reading comprehension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
And it still felt like we blitzed through it compared to every other Shonen series ever.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
It's also paced extremely well, something shonen has always been really terrible about. It's a breath of fresh air given shonen is typically slow as molasses and MHA is really really fast.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
The same top 7 but in a slightly different order. That's pretty neat.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Iida should be higher. :colbert:

Also, I don't know who Mei or Mina are.

Mei is the inventor girl and Mina is Pinky, the ant-looking one who secretes acid.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
i like frog's

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Mr. Fowl posted:

This series doesn't dawdle, and that's why I like it. The author spends only as much time as he needs on each thing before moving on. I have a feeling that he is conscious of the failings of other shonen comics in this respect--though he could stand to slow down just a bit. We actually do want to see more of how the other classmates overcame their challenges and so on.

The pacing of MHA is far-and-away its best quality. It's amazingly good at giving everyone the screentime they need and for things to take exactly as long as they need to. Reading a weekly shonen series has never felt so good.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Kaminari makes some excellent faces

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Hey we get to hear the characters from the Anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K5JkuRCJD0

Plus Ultra.

but what does the frog sound like... ... ....

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
They specifically wait for like a week after it shows up because they don't want to bump up against the official release. Mangastream on the other hand doesn't give a gently caress

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Normally I'm super against inserting swearing into translations since it's silly and pointless, but yeah with Bakugou I honestly think it works. I can totally see him dropping fuckword after fuckword.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Frogs...
are super cool.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
It's pretty telling that in this popularity poll they ran, our main overarching villain got only one vote, out of 40,000.

I like this series but god, its villains suck so much. I like a bunch of them individually, but they're all either complete losers or really boring, and there's basically no inbetween. The losers are fun, but also it feels like whenever they accomplish something it's super contrived, and the boring villains are... boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Mina at only 36 is unbelievable.