Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Kanos posted:

To expand the analogy, Superman is a demigod and is the most powerful person in most versions of the Justice League by a mile, but he can't be literally everywhere and solve literally everything on his own.

This is why I love the way AM is written. DC takes for granted that Superman can't be everywhere at once and then just has him accept that, whereas AM clearly never had Superman's need for a personal life - in Vigilantes we see him running out blatantly mid-dinner to do hero poo poo constantly; he's excited to make new close friends and confidants. You really get the sense that AM took his wildly OP powers and made himself the trolley problem incarnate, but it wasn't good for him and, as it turns out, may not have been good for everyone else either.

Spoilers for the leaks: Bakugou cops to not having understood Deku's impulse to self-sacrifice, which Deku blatantly shares with AM. I really enjoy how this series keeps addressing this intangible concept of what a hero is that AM and Deku seem to embody and everyone else just implicitly recognizes and doesn't know what to do with. Almost 300 chapters in and it remains shockingly consistently deft thematic writing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

The real winner is me, local #bakudeku fujo

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I read the spoilers but am pumped for an official translation.

Non-spoiler question: do you think anyone tries to mug All Might now that everyone knows what skinnymight looks like

Also can he lift anything heavy without snapping in half? Serious answers only

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Still waiting on that Stain and All Might interaction.

I'm also team "there's no spy, someone is just being surveiled". On the other hand, what's Cementoss up to lately? HMM?

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

One time I went on a double date to a magic show and the magician went to people's tables to chitchat before the show. He tried to sell us Bitcoin.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

MIGHT SENSE

Interesting that it's canon that he transformed pre-injury. It explains how he's been able to keep a secret identity all these years.

I seriously love All Might, he's the best boy

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

He's so silly. I would die for him.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Nothing but respect for my president

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I miss Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu, what's he been up to lately

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Endeavor rules. Like obviously he's a lovely guy but he's an excruciatingly well-written lovely guy and he rules. That's just what it is now

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Also having a lot of feelings about how All Might basically gave Japan what it was like to live with a benevolent god for 40 years, so of course everything is going to poo poo now

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

We're all ignoring the most significant detail here

All Might's sick loving whip

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

endeavor: i love all my children equally. deku, fuyumi (checks smudged writing on hand) shooter. nasty. The dead one

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

RIP All Might's sick whip

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Voting for All Might's sick whip in the next character poll, in memoriam

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

All Might named his car so we could all vote for it in the next character poll

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Whenever someone agrees with Stain it's because they realize on some level that the point of heroism isn't profit, personal gain or careerist aspirations. Stain is a kind of moral absolutist: the reason All Might is the only acceptable hero is because he had no apparent "self," and to whatever extent he did he sacrificed it to be the world's greatest hero. That's why Stain recognizes Deku in turn--because Deku is willing to blow himself up and die for literally any dipshit on the street.

Stain says there's no ethical heroism under capitalism and you know what, he's right

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

For a true believer like Stain, it doesn't matter if All Might makes bank - All Might's entire career is centered on making it absolutely clear his goal is to save lives, not challenge systemic issues. To my recollection he's never shown stopping common thieves or anyone whose crimes can possibly be attributed to a personal lack of resources. Dude is just out here to make sure people don't die in an earthquake or from a falling building. That's why things are so hosed after his retirement - Japan basically had an all-powerful benevolent god for like 30 years.

It seems very likely the commission formed completely independent of any precedent All Might set. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have a relationship with the organization pretty much at all.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

The car's back y'all

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Deku looking like Todd McFarlane's Venom and I kinda love it negl.

If this isn't building up to Bakugou slapping the poo poo out of him I'm gonna riot

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Sindai posted:

It really did. I'm going to think about Satan From Orbit on my deathbed

It makes me angry how stylish Bleach was in retrospect versus how bad it was. The volume poems and covers were dope as hell. Truly the definition of style over substance.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

The official translation confirms Deku/Mineta endgame. Pack it in lads

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Kanos posted:

What the hell is going on with his feet? Why are they so huge? :psyduck:

Dude has banana feet syndrome. It's a serious condition

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Powerfully sus that All Might hasn't been around for the conclusion of the bringing Midoriya home arc. He's totally been kidnapped by Stain

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

stuker posted:

i'm worried about all might :(

The death flags are back imo

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

He does have a lot of readily available blood.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I thought it was sweet when Mineta brought Deku a melon in the hospital. Really the start of their budding romance

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I love the confirmation that All Might is globally beloved. Because I love All Might. It's what he deserves

also dude needs to buy jeans that fit

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Shigaraki is just cool as hell lately. Our boy's come a long way from being bothered by his untreated eczema.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

The Awesomesaurus posted:

(329 spoilers)I have a feeling AFO is gonna accidentally say something bigoted about Spinner in the heat of the moment, and that’s gonna be Spinner’s crack-ping event that will cause him to defect.

AFO has a heated gamer moment

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

This is one of those arcs that will feel better in volume format, I think.

I do like that it further demonstrates All Might has had a significant worldwide impact outside of Japan. As the All Might fucker in this thread I like when they give my boy his flowers

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Shigaraki was at his best when he was like "that's how shogi works right" and everyone was like not even a little. Just at his best when he's a nerd.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

just goes to show you can't trust the French

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Fujo here to report that Endeavor/Hawks is real and my friend

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

As always All Might and Aizawa are my parents and have never disappointed me.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Grouchio posted:

That whole premise of Naruto's unhealthy rear end obsession with getting Sasuke back/forcing him to be his friend is based on Kishimoto's unhealthy obsession with getting his estranged brother (author of 666 Satan) back in his good graces. Which failed.

This is the kind of trivia I find very interesting, and sad if true.

I never got far into Naruto after the timeskip but I appreciate how Sasuke and Naruto so clearly laid the groundwork for the Bakugou and Midoriya relationship, which I find to be exceptionally well-written even outside of my fujo brain. Truly some paragons of shounen rivalry poo poo

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Love to see Amajiki, my depressed son.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

This is so disgraceful I'm honestly almost impressed

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

oh jay posted:

Spinner was the coolest guy.

:emptyquote:

Adbot