Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
poo poo, if Deku is getting hosed up like that I think he might have to opt out of the rest of the tournament because his arms are hamburger meat. Didn't doctor granny say he gets injured too severely with such frequency that she can't just patch him up in a instant anymore?

Caidin fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Apr 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

NecroMonster posted:

Can someone provide a link to the chinese version or is this taboo for some reason?

http://www.mangamint.com/boku-no-hero-academia-38

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Roland Jones posted:

No kidding; I was checking this thread in the hopes of a translation, and instead walked right into some pretty major spoilers there. The hell.

Sorry, insomnia has me a bit scrambled.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Didn't one of Bakugou's profile pages mention that he can't generate explosions if he can't sweat? like in cold environments, for example?

I'm assuming this isn't going to go well for him.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

chumbler posted:

Ashido has some pretty bad fashion sense, though. That purple and teal animal print bodysuit is dreadful.

I keep wondering when Midoriya's weird mascot costume is gonna show up again myself.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm slightly disappointed Gran Torino doesn't look like cranky old Clint Eastwood.

I'm kinda disappointed they didn't mention Baron of Explodo-kills chosen office.

Also, Iida is gonna get hosed up isn't he?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Perhaps I'm just dense but I'm not really sure what Deku's epiphany was. Are they saying he needs to use it more passively then something he has to activate?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Prison Warden posted:

Deku is thinking of All for One as a special move, like a kamehameha or something, a special finishing technique. But a Quirk is part of your body and who you are, he should be incorporating it into everything he does, all the time. Like going Super Saiyan.

Okay yeah that makes sense, thank you.

that's a fairly logical issue for someone whose only actually had a quirk for a few months.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Fabricated posted:

One interesting thing though: All Might's sire is dead apparently, and Torino seemed bothered that All Might hadn't told Midoriya something. I kinda wonder if giving up One for All is actually fatal to the person who gives it up. I mean, you are passing on your own power that you've added to it; it could literally be your own life energy or something...which uh, is kinda super hosed up if he never told him that. "Oh yeah, when you pass on the power you wither away and die. So yeah, you literally have to choose your own death if you want to pass it on."

Well by that logic it's entirely possibly that nobody hosed All Might up to skeleton man levels, that kind of decay is just what happens to your body when you aren't using One for All.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Genocyber posted:

Eh, I thought it was decently explained away by All Might being a piss-poor teacher due to being able to use One For All effectively from the start. He didn't view Midoriya's inability to master it as an error in approach, and so never gave him the good advice Gran Torino gave last chapter.

Not really, given he was super hosed up before he started transferring his powers to Midoriya.

No that's what I meant. If One for All absorbs the life force of the dude holding it, then after awhile whenever you aren't using it your body is going to wither as it feeds off you.

Maybe, just a theory anyway.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Interesting stuff.... So what are the odds that older brother didn't know exactly what he was making when he gave little brother that quirk?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Why? The quirk that All for One's brother had just happened to be the ability to pass on a quirk as a way to explain how One for All has been getting passed on throughout the generations. He just wasn't aware of it since it's the sort of thing you wouldn't notice unless you already knew about it. In Deku's case, there's no real reason for him to have a quirk.

How did he find out about it? Someone ingesting your blood/hair/sweat while you hope really hard they get your super powers from it seems like a strange place to arrive at unless you already knew it would work.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
The way I see it is even if a Saitama grade swat to the face doesn't turn him into hamburger meat, Muscle Fibers Frank is still probably going to get hit hard enough to separate him from Deku, who is presently wrist deep in his sinew. One way or another we are about to see some arm annihilation.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Fabricated posted:

Korean/Chinese chapters are out.

E: Now with link to lovely website: http://www.mangaumaru.com/archives/610096

Also the color splashpage has as of yet unfeatured villains!

Very gnarly.

Midoriya throws his body away to presumably put this guy down for the count. The first 100% hurts him but he soaked most of it with his muscle mass, the second gets stopped by the same muscle mass, then Midoriya in a bit of hyperbole throws a "1,000,000%" punch and flattens the guy into the side of the cliff. His arm is obviously in complete tatters- like literally; like strips of flesh hanging off the bone in areas.

I wonder if we've hit the limit of what tiny doctor lady can heal with this one, those arms are looking gnarly.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Fabricated posted:

And Horikoshi answers one of my remaining obvious questions, which was, "Uh, if the villains hate the loving students that much now and attacking them at school functions isn't working why not get them at home?"

Yeah but now the question becomes will they attack the parents? Doing it even once could crater the schools application numbers even if they don't succeed.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Fabricated posted:

Well, in the real world UA would be well hosed.

If you let the kids stay home, you can have a heartrending system-destroying disaster where the villains could attack one of the kids at home and massacre their whole family. If I was the Villain Alliance it's what I'd do; if attacking them in the presence of pros keeps loving everything up just ambush the kids themselves on the way to/from school or at home.

If you put them all in the dorms, you've effectively gathered them all in one spot for another attack. All Might can't fight anymore, and unless they plan on having cameras in the kids rooms and have them live in a loving creepy surveillance state you've just put painted a target on a single building.

Even then, they have a dude who knows their campus and can teleport. Shigaraki could round up another big group of retarded mooks and port them in on a suicide mission with instructions to just gently caress everything up and even if no one gets hurt UA is finished because another campus attack happened.

The consolidating the students in the dorms strategy has me expecting the school is going unveil some ridiculous new security system to hand wave any further attacks in the immediate future. They have money and the gadget designers for a suitably bullshit superheroic defense system.

Plus then you can have it "malfunction" at a good dramatic moment whenever we arrive at dealing with the villains mole on campus.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Deku hasn't been viscerally injured lately, maybe he'll regret blowing his leg off when he jostled the guy made of explosions too hard.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Red Mike posted:

Oh lord, that makes sense. Now obviously Bakugou is going to go 'You were holding back last time we fought' and instant Sasuke, because that's literally what it looks like.

He already put it together that Deku has All-Mights quirk before the fight even started, Bakugou understands exactly the scale that Deku can operate on because he was as least as big a fan of the number 1. He knows the same thing that broke Endeavor back in the day, and that is that One For All is an completely utterly insane power boost that no one can approach with resorting to poo poo like All For One stacking every physical enhancement quirk he could find. Running completely on the final fumes of his quirk and secretly cripplingly injured All-Might crossed a city in seconds and slugged it out with a dude who can annihilate a couple city blocks in a blink.

100% Deku would move like a DBZ character, and Bakugou would have to blow poo poo up like one to stand a chance as an actual rival. It's one of the things that makes me root for him, because Deku hasn't genuinely felt like the underdog since chapter 2.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Every Villain meet up must be some super tense poo poo when nobody knows what the other side of the room can do. Shig's team is still amateur hour.

What I want to know is if that quirk stopper dart is a product of someones quirk or something any of team bird could have on hand.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

c'mon son, they're plague doctor masks!

They're Yakuza, why are they dressed like plague docters!? And what does a name like overhaul have to do with anything about that guy other the how fast he can give something a new paintjob!?

The thematic cohesion is dropping like a stone with these punks.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
When Stain first made his rounds in the manga yonks ago I figured he looked like that because he was a burn victim courtesy of Endeavor, maybe as collateral or something and it was covered up, and thats where the insane crusade started. Pure natural edgelord combined with several thousand bats worth of guano works too I guess.

Knuckledusters "No one said I couldn't cross the line" bit was a fantastic summery of the character.

Caidin fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Aug 22, 2017

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
The symbol of rest in peace.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Jerkface posted:

wasn't that one panel of Hawks about to get chumped through the head by the bad guys tentacle spike thing? or was that the back of one of his feathers. to me the panel read like Hawks giving all his support to endeavor as the no 1 hero and leaving himself open

I think that's almost definitely what happened, Hawks attacked bad dude while him and Endeavor were about to air joust as a distraction and left himself vulnerable to speed up Endeavor. By the time NotVenom looked back he was about to get a napalm punch to noggin.

Does anyone else get the impression that Hawks is/was an Endeavor fanboy?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Is it strange that Iida having literal naturally developed car engines in his legs is my number one That Makes No Sense power in this series whenever I remember they exist?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I mean yeah obviously they don't make sense or anything... But this just bugs me. Like the Crawler can have repulser limbs or whatever is going on there and I just nod my head but this is the one that always makes me slow down and blink for a second.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
So what did he do with the old mufflers? Send them home to be put on a shelf or something? Sold to a parts shop? Did they uh, start to rot maybe?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I feel like the school is on shakey enough ground in the public's eyes that you maybe shouldn't let your students play I Bet You Can't Melt Me.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Rhonne posted:

There’s going to be nothing left of the arena by the time we get to Deku's match.

It's okay, the school has a dozen empty massive urban and industrial zones the kids can level.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I mean like, yeah everyone has to up their game with the league actively gunning for them. But a losing consciousness Muddy and Tetsu pushed a building on top of Iida and Todoroki for the honor of a mock battle. I feel like this is a bit much.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Endeavor has finally surpassed All Might.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

FartingBedpost posted:

Fortunately it makes sense here, even if it didn’t in some of the other fights. But I do think it’s gotten stale too.

I’m just hoping it’s not a “Bakugo powers through because he’s better than all these chumps” situation next chapter.

On the other hand, Bakugo is very good and should drive Class Bums into the ground like a loving railroad spike.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
If Aizawa shut her quirk off while in use would that be lethal? What if he could only see a few parts of her?

Maybe best not to think about it.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
All in all I think that was a good showing from class BEATEN! LIKE A DRUM!!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
One thing in the action I didn't quite follow, Okay so Baron Explodo Kill gave the rest of the team some ordenace and at the end Sero had taped a grenade to one of Lizard Girls bits to detonate when she rejoined I thought. But then Bakugo just boosted over and hit her with a point blank and wasted her?

Did the grenade do anything?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Gee willikers Class B sure did get lucky with their teams synergy this time, I couldn't have imagined them getting the drop on Class A right off like that. For the fifth time in a row.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
The description of Twin Impact I'm reading off mangastream is weird.

"In any place where there is damage from an impact, he can trigger a second impact with random timing! And the second impact will be several times more powerful than the first!"

And I guess he doesn't have to actually see the thing he's affecting to trigger it because they only figured out Class A's location in general from the barrage. The random timing bit seems kinda concerning too, how random are we talking in here? It has to be with in a small enough interval for practical use or he wouldn't be here.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Bakugo must never stop yelling, every sentence a deeper and more reviberating boom as he explodes ever further into greatness.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Zomborgon posted:

I wonder if they would have counted points for him if he'd mind-controlled people into fighting for him.

Hmm, a sketchy move like that is something a villain would do.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Xarbala posted:

Something about how Iceman's mastery of ice isn't just "ice," since ice is sufficiently cold water and cold isn't technically a force itself, but rather just the absence of heat. Or thermal energy. Which means he actually has both fine-tuned and yet profoundly vast control over thermal energy as a whole. He is theoretically a one man planet-killing weapon, and that's not even the most creative potential use of his power.

If only he were smart enough to realize this, or something.

When you have a god-tier power limited by its user being a ding doofus, that's when you're Iceman-ing it.

I feel like this is one of those things where somebody realized super powers tend to not make sense when you think about them very hard and eventually broke it down until a characters real ability was manipulating the fabric of reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Neo_Crimson posted:

Is someone going to post goesfast.txt now?

I don't know what your referring to so please.