Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Real good poo poo.
He's going to get ridiculed For his blatant fanboy costume, isnt he?

drat good costume design in this series, art is top notch.
And I want a Kamui pez dispenser now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Deku is double jointed in his toe.
Deku also has no 'quirk', ie no superpower.

He's a rarity in both the real world and the manga's.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Goddamnit the toes not a superpower.
It's your average everyday real-life weird thing.

It's why the joke is funny.
Damnit.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hnnng the designs are all so damned good.
Everyone is just the perfect representation of their own power.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hah I just noticed Iida's face.

Did anyone ever look so satisfied?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I'm pretty sure that Bakugou wont go evil.
He'll still be a surly hot head who doesn't get along with Deku (understatement) but he wont go full villain.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Darth Walrus posted:

So we've got a guy who can give himself super-speed by turning his leg muscles into rocket engines that run on orange juice. I think we can officially stop looking for rational superpower explanations now.

Whoever was looking for any in the first place is a fool.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I see why Asui jumped in popularity.
Im relieved that it isnt for entirely too creepy reasons.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

HiveCommander posted:

"Perchance, has something been altered?"
Such the elegant gentleman, for a villain :allears:
As much as I like vice prez, Tsuyu is pretty drat amazing.

I fully expect Iida and NavelLasers to get into impassioned debate with him.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

What's Abe from Hellboy doing there?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Long Island Tearful Reunion!
San Fran Iron Hand!

It's actually a breath of fresh air when the things they shout don't have meaning behind them, or are puns.

Mindblast posted:

I loved him pointing at the problem and just crying to make his case instead of outright stating it. Fantastic little detail and more subtle than a lot of the humor you read in a manga.

It's so common in things that aren't anime/manga that I just glossed over it's inclusion.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

All might :allears:
Couldnt wait so I read 19.
I love this loving manga.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fabricated posted:

I wonder if Midoriya will have a superswole transformation mode because it'd be weird to have him get All Might huge permanently or even on a regular basis.

It would also give the whole game away because :crossarms: hmmm super strength, state/city themed smash attacks, and a superswole body? I can't imagine the other students would find out the truth about his quirk THIS early.

As far as they would know a one-in-a-million/billion thing happened and they have the same quirk.
But not literally the same quirk, mind.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Haha Yes.
Thats what it reminded me of.

"All for one, son."

But thats kind of weird, before he was built super muscular but still cut a lean figure.
In that panel he looked more like a concrete wall.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Aside from the references habds guy likes using game terms. Its his speech gimmick.

having that many hands probably makes you great at the arcades.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well he talks all in game terms soooo

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Heroes being great for public morale is the difference.

There probably are people with strong quirks on the force but I imagine all the stuff that comes secondary with being a policeman is a big turn off for most folk, along with the public adoration and glory that comes from being just called a hero.

I imagine the aign up rate for heroes are much higher than for the police.

Also heroes do not do paperwork.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Somehow i dont think policemen are even allowed to use their quirks unrestricted on the job. Seeing hoe they have laws against non-hero quirk use.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

A Bystander posted:

At the very least, he looks like he just connected the dots with Deku and All Might.

Not exactly I think.
He's probably going to think Midoriya is being groomed by All might as the next biggest hero.

Because Quirk transfer? pff who would believe that?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

kidcoelacanth posted:

I checked the raws, the head is obscured by text in the original so it's likely just the redrawer not knowing what to do

They have the Quirk: Dullahan.

That must have been a terrifying quirk to manifest though.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh man that was great.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Chilly Lava is OP.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Tollymain posted:

Also, what the heck is Tail Guy's power, other than having a big and possibly fluffy tail?

Kickass Frieza cosplay.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fabricated posted:

I dig All Might but making him weaken so incredibly fast after passing his power on is kind of a bummer since it means his secret is going to have to be made known to the students at least sooner rather than later. I'm kinda hoping his power isn't somehow keeping him alive too because that's kind of a hosed up thing to pull on your successor without telling them first.

Naw he was pretty explicit in it.
Venom chainsaw ripped out of most of his chest and he's living on borrowed time.
He's probably going to use his last minute of buffed up All Might time to announce his retirement and successor or as a last ditch sacrifice to save someone.

Probably the latter.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Eh.
Fits better than Mangastream's One piece.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

JosephWongKS posted:

Prince Zuko, or Son burn himself during training due to being pushed too hard by Dad?

Aww poo poo.
Now thay youve mentioned it the resemblace is uncanny.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

tlarn posted:

Man, thinking about it, Copy's a huge double-edged sword in this setting. Many quirks have pretty big limitations or drawbacks that the users themselves are familiar with, but someone with Copy may not know them instinctively. Sure, some quirks are pretty straightforward in their use, or simply toggle between on and off, but something like Deku's quirk could kill him if he doesn't know that you can't push it. :stare:

Welllll All might said that depended on your physiology.
But yeah he might try to super charge his entire body and end up as a bowl of jelly orbiting the earth.

But what if he mixed Eijirou's(hardening) and Midoriya's?

Ytlaya posted:

Is Copy guy also the guy who was going around stealing everyone's stuff without them knowing?

Yup.
Look at his smug face, he cant not be.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

At the beginning Midoriya and Bakugou were both heavily, incredibly representive of their respective shonen tropes, Shy boy protagonist and overconfident brat rival, So I can see the concern over either, though concern over midoriya might be misplaced since its plenty obvious hes not going to stay the same.

But Bakugou has already started to slowly break that mold. Hes always going to be an ambitious, egoistic hothead because that is a cornerstone of his personality but the way he interacts with the world and others is definitely going to change.

Pre-yuuei Bakugou would definitely not have worked as well as he does now in the horse match.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Feb 10, 2015

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fabricated posted:

You'd think that All Might would maybe try to train Midoriya a bit more in-person since very slightly loving up with the use of his power leads to death and dismemberment but then I think it's been like...a month, month and a half since school even started?

He can't because if he spends more time with him he'd be seen as favoring Midoriya, and someone might either target Mido to get to All-might or connect the dots.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

chumbler posted:

Todoroki looks terrifying in that last page. Sorry Deku, but I want to see him going up against Bakugou.

Todoroki can't smile to save his life can he?

Also Dickbag Dad is loving this poo poo SO HARD.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

tsob posted:

Well now I kinda hope that UA has an end of year dance or something, seems like it could be comedy gold. Just think about anyone asking Bakugou out, or him asking anyone else out. Who would Mineta end up going with? And how many times would Yoyarozou have to turn him down? Would anyone remember to ask the invisible girl out? And would she be disappointed she can't get a picture of herself in a really pretty dress?

She puts on makeup and no one recognizes her.
Not even the person who asked her out.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

pnumoman posted:

No. Everyone around the world knows about them via movies and tv shows, however, so I wouldn't put it past an ambitious student government to try and throw one at some point.

Mineta finds his life's true calling.
School dances.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

DrSunshine posted:

Man, that Bakugou kid really has anger problems. He'd better get that under control or he'll have a stroke or heart attack when he's older.

No chance of that
Nitroglycerin is good for the heart.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Astro Nut posted:

That'd be even more tragic, honestly. People screaming out, asking where All Might is, and you just see the dejected face of an old skeleton of a man who can't even lift himself from his bed, or some such.

One of the strengths of the setting is that it really does feel committed to superheroics as a generational thing. Probably helped that it's a manga series and thus the whole thing is primarily about a single overarching story, rather than a multitude of concurrent stories about characters so 'iconic' they're no longer allowed to properly develop. But either way, I do genuinely feel for whenever All Might is gonna be forced into retirement, rather than expect it to be undone in two chapters.

It's already inevitable, as he already said.
It's gonna be a slow process and the threat is legitimately always there, and I believe the writer could pretty much do it at any moment.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fabricated posted:

The trick is how the class, then the world finds out that Midoriya is All Might's successor.

Don't they already kinda know?
The real secret is One for All.

I'd like it though if Mido did something spectacular that All Might would be 'Yeah kid's got it pretty much in the bag I'll just go die/retire quietly'.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Bad Seafood posted:

My point exactly.

Yeah he's exactly as strong as Bakugou when not using AfO.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Astro Nut posted:

Well, Todoroki's name DOES have characters for 'burned' and 'freezing', so I wouldn't be surprised if all his siblings share the same name, but with different readings.

Since he's an rear end in a top hat (the biggest) he probably quirk-screened all of them.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Bakugou's leer when Midoriya claimed Deku.

Wow that kid is 99% grudge.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah It's a thing Bakugou did because he started learning more advanced Japanese characters (i forget which kind is more complicated) before the other kids, and Midoriya written in those characters can be read as Deku.
It doesn't really have a direct analogue in English.

The closest thing would be letter replacement. Like Clancy->Fancy, or maybe name shortening like Richard->Dick,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Darth Walrus posted:

Uraraka's hair in coloured panels always throws me off. The black and white art always makes her look blonde, when it's apparently quite a dark brown instead.

I always thought Ashido was green.
Weird.

I guess it all comes down to convention.