Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

I just started reading this and my grin only keeps getting bigger

send help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

All Might is the best

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

I just got caught up on this and it's really great.

If All Might is voiced by anybody other than Jamieson Price in the dub it'll be a goddamn crime.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Vengarr posted:

It's the best currently publishing IMO, although I won't argue with people who say One Piece.

Besides One Piece, the competition is not particularly fierce.

I think having recently caught up with both I like Shokugeki more, but MHA is really good and definitely the higher quality series overall (hits it's stride way, way earlier too).

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Looper posted:

It's definitely not as bad as it used to be, but ONE's art is so awful I could never consider it the best of anything in a visual medium (don't bring up composition, that's just one element of art)

Ignoring your moving of the goalposts within your own post,

whether or not it looks "good" relative to another work says little about the quality of art.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Dec 5, 2016

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

what chapter is that, because the art in the earlier chapters is so godawful I could not keep reading it.

Chapter 52.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ChronoReverse posted:

Unless Deku outright killed Bakugou, I don't see how it'll be crippling considering OFA's blowback damage has been way worse. And I doubt 8% is enough to instagib Bakugou when 5% isn't. Looking forward to next week now, this week was intense and excellent action though.

Yeah, considering the sheer poo poo Deku's arm has taken while remaining fixable I think Bakugou has a bit of a buffer (don't think he's even been seriously injured)?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

A guy who sweats nitroglycerin must be a real hit in additional screening at the airport

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Isn't the arc they're in right now actually about growing their powers so they can do crazier stuff with them?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Honestly, it's pretty ridiculous that Deku can be such a badass at fighting (to the point where he can take on Bakugou) with less than a year of combat training.

Bakugou is to Char as Deku is to early Amuro.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Generally I don't think WSJ readers like the MC hooking up with anyone before the end unless they start out as a couple with somebody.

Really, I'll be happy so long as we don't get the "Everyone that can pair off in the main cast pairs off and has kids for some reason" ending. I hate that poo poo and it'd make even less sense in a series set in a world more like ours- most people don't hook up with their high-school sweethearts.

I think the way it keeps coming up is a good sign that Horikoshi is interested in running with it as more than just an end of series thing, but it's never going to be the focus or anything like that, this isn't that kind of manga.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

both MHA and one piece had unbelievably good chapters this week, like some of the best they've had in ages, yay!

It was a good day for Shonen Jump manga all around, really.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Nothing is actually going to happen with Overhaul, it's a hook to kick off the arc and it'll probably come up later when Overhaul recognizes Deku.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

No chapter this week.

Apparently the absence is unannounced which is unusual, there's speculation it's either due to work on the anime or just simple overwork as Horikoshi doesn't take many absences from drawing this.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Perhaps Midorya's class will become the new symbol of peace, showing that it's not just an individual, but a result of a group coming together and using all their skills to best use collectively.

What I'm saying is we're watching the early stages of the Anime Justice League getting formed.

Except the Grape Kid. He died on the way back to his home planet.

Someone needs to be The Flash in the anime Justice League

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Really like that panel with Mirio and Deku realizing just what happened about halfway through

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Fabricated posted:

ratings/bluray sales not being up to snuff.

e: thanks phone

Blu-ray sales for Shonen are pretty much always dogshit, it's all about the advertising

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Hori and Tataba's cover swaps for Jump Giga finally showed up.

I would expect nothing less than rear end from the Black Clover guy

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

Horikoshi is a really loving good artist, y'all

Except for his shading

Everyone looks like they're out of a Pixar cartoon and it doesn't work for me, he rounds the edges of his shadows off too much

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The author's so good at choosing when not to use a background

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Mirio being Nighteye's mentor makes a lot of sense given what we know about both characters powers.

Mirio's power is really useful but there are aspects of it that are pretty big downsides, requiring it to be used with a lot of discretion and precision.

And even when Nighteye's power is used well it can still absolutely suck.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

I'm pouring one out for Todoroki on this day

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

Hopefully this one misses his face

Lay off, he's been burned enough already

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Mikl posted:

I really like this.

Makes me think of Eureka Seven

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Blackheart posted:

Imagine all the powers he'd get from eating hotdogs.

I don't know that becoming Tetsuo would be a very effective power

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Having Hagakure be the traitor and turn off her invisibility at the point of the reveal would make for some good poo poo

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, doesn't this mean she was in contact with the guy the theory suggested was in contact with Kirishima?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

People are very mad about Mineta

Also I'm loling @ the one guy in the thread going to bat for him who wished death on the blonde tsundere in SnS for being annoying

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

For real for both this and Food Wars I would watch an entire season that was nothing but internships

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The VA is totally intending to sabotage the hell out of these losers, first by getting the floormaster to snap and get himself caught. You know if Overhaul just exists to give contrast to the new Shigaraki who has learnt of the power of evil friendship and evil trust i'd be ok with that I think.

This arc better end with Shigaraki disintegrating Overhaul, it kinda feels like the most appropriate thing.

I sort of think Shigaraki will get AfO or already has it, and he's going to blow Overhaul away and nick his power in one go

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Sure but most likely he has to activate it which gives Mirio the advantage of knowing when he'll be tangible. Or if it's like Shigraki's where only his hand can activate his ability he wouldn't even be able to time when Mirio punches him from behind or wherever.

He's completely blind when he does it afaik, all it takes is Overhaul doing one unexpected thing and he'll go to pieces

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Vengarr posted:

"He won't run away anymore!"

Now we can accept this arc is about overcoming mental weaknesses?

Can't run away if you're splattered all over a wall

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Phantom Menace was a phenomenal attack and also attack name

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Slime posted:

Or maybe he can in fact hand over AfO just like he can with other quirks, and he did so with Shigaraki because he saw his defeat coming. Deku is All Might's successor and got his quirk, Shigaraki is AfO's successor and it would be odd for a character that's meant to mirror Deku not to inherit a quirk too.

It's all but guaranteed to be inherited by Shigaraki because the imagery of him disintegrating a hero so that all that remains is their power that he now owns is too good not to use

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

One (dick) for All

It's a really loving good thing All Might was a prodigy with his power

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

I want Ochako to get really good at Kung-Fu

I don't know how she can combine that with her gravity powers to make a finisher though

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Man that is a really sweet power Shigaraki is going to jack

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Could Deku potentially be immune to quirk cancelling bullets?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

Eraserhead could cancel his power, so there's no reason the bullets wouldn't work.

I thought they made a point of very explicitly stating Eraserhead worked differently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Chisaki's fatal mistake was failing to make a drug that could cancel punches