Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Fabricated posted:

If you want to get really pedantic on a "this is why this power is really ridiculous" level if she can remove the "gravity" from the air itself couldn't she turn the area you're in to 0 atmospheres of pressure and kill you?

There's a Jojo villain who does exactly this, it's pretty rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Ha ha, this series rules. I like how the fights are in the style of HunterxHunter, lots of strategy and cunning as well as power.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

I don't know if it's from the original or the translation, but Mineta's "The hero who gives a pluck" is inspired.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

hiddenriverninja posted:

I usually hate stories where a character's power is 'i have all the powers' or (i steal powers) (*ahem* Heroes) but I've enjoyed the trope in MHA. Go figure.

Usually those stories try to create nebulous and artificial tension/risk by explaining that their powers "detract from their lifespan" or "can take a toll on their bodies", which means nothing in the grand scheme of things, but this is the first time that this trope is used effectively. Deku is tremendously powerful but we can see that his powers are killing him and that at the end of all this he'll be permanently and irreversibly crippled.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Last Celebration posted:

Mirio/Lemillion in general was one of the best parts of the manga. Just a super positive helpful guy with one of the most out there applications of intangibility that also sold him being a super hard worker that tried harder than everyone around him to get too tier.

A lot of this manga is very forgettable but Mirio's "My quirk is strong because I made it strong" is one of the best moments in the series IMO.