Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Throw me into the pile of people that got into the series because of the frog girl and and are now following it because it's pretty cool. :getin:

Also yeah, gravity powers are loving terrifying when you realize that mass and density stays the same when all you're doing is modulating how much force gravity has on something, and thus how much it weighs. Swing around a thick block of lead like it's nothing and you can do some serious damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Speaking of, anyone else feel like Trigger would do great if this did indeed become one of the Big Three and got an animated series?

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Now we just need the DUWANG translation.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

Mindblast posted:

After seeing Bakugou flip the gently caress out multiple times I can safely say this author really digs drawing teeth.

It's even more striking when everyone else is rocking the tooth-bar.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

Waffleman_ posted:

I just had the worst thought about a future anime adaptation. If it had come out in a time when 4Kids could license it, they'd probably make Tsuyu French, being a frog.

:krakken: "I said sayonaraaa!"
:frog: "Au revoir."

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Kyouka's power is that her bassline is her baseline, Denki's is static power that turns him into the Fonz when he overloads, and Yaoyorozu's power is a straight-up lesser Gold Experience. :allears:

Also I was waiting to see when someone got hoisted by their own quirk-pitard, :rip: #13.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
I just like when people take the time to explain the Kanji for Japanese names, still think it's neat that you can write names and words in different ways for different meanings

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Texas Death Sentence.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Vanilla Ice sure is something else.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

Annointed posted:

How exactly does that work? You can perfectly decipher anyone's intent?

That was my guess at least, hypervigilance for small details and tells. That or he's psychic. :shrug:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
"He just looks like a weirdly jolly old man." And I like All Might even more. :allears:

edit: Also now All-Might's eyes becoming visible when he gets serious makes a lot of sense now when they're supposed to represent his own heroic pride coming through, instead of just doing what he usually does.

tlarn fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jan 2, 2015

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Oh no, I think Navel Lazer caved his stomach in. :ohdear:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

Mraagvpeine posted:

Can you elaborate?

He can cover himself in stick balls so that people grab that instead of his bandana, since his own balls don't stick to himself. After that it snowballs since his balls will just continue to stick to other stuff as people make contact with each other.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

Say Nothing posted:

I guess no-head is just a random character then.
And number 37 looks like something out of mlp.

I want to believe that's a moth-girl because that's an adorable idea. :3:

Actually there's quite a few bug-themed mutant heroes, huh?

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Man, thinking about it, Copy's a huge double-edged sword in this setting. Many quirks have pretty big limitations or drawbacks that the users themselves are familiar with, but someone with Copy may not know them instinctively. Sure, some quirks are pretty straightforward in their use, or simply toggle between on and off, but something like Deku's quirk could kill him if he doesn't know that you can't push it. :stare:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

HellCopter posted:

Is this building up to a Batman moment where a villain gets his hands on these notes and uses the info to wreck everyone?

The animated movie Justice League: Doom is literally this and it's great. I hope it happens in Academia.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

Rand Brittain posted:

Apparently she needs to become a hero to be allowed to use her quirk to support the family business. It seems like quirk restrictions are a thing, although I'm not sure how much. It could be something mildly dystopian, or it could just be that the building code doesn't permit the use of antigrav tech without an insane amount of licensing fees but will waive all that if you're a superhero and thus presumptively responsible.

I think it was more her parents want their daughter to do more with her life than do menial work for their sake

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

Mr. Fowl posted:

My favorite panel was Deku's mom, sitting in a pile of tissues :3:

There was a panel in an earlier chapter where she was flipping out from worry/hype that I loved too. His mom's the best. :kimchi:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Fumikage is legit cool and I hope his backstory is he's just a humble dude who became cool because he has a quirk that can be difficult to control when it gets to be a huge shadow.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Bakugou's still gnawing on the medal's strap in the classroom, I love it

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
I got ten bucks on him being a salaryman

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
The class no-selling Grapeboy's. :allears:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
I like her weird costume

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Gran Torino's like a teeny old Mega Man. :3:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
There are things I like about this chapter but the old man's Mega-Man design for his superhero suit is still overtaking everything for me. :3:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Invisible Girl's favorite WWE wrestler is John Cena.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
The one that's just a lower jaw and a brain is my favorite. Less is more. :allears:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Man I didn't know you could get Skullface to join you in Metal Gear Solid 5

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
I love this comic so much. Stain is so good. The police chief is somehow better.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

Green Intern posted:

I hope All Might is animated as if he was living within comic panels, i.e. Very little interstitial movement between poses.

Exactly like the Marvel cartoons in the 60's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EvNYaeDdQU

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

pandaK posted:

Imagine how hard it would be to operate on invisigirl

Nah, invisible just means you can't be seen on that spectrum of light usually; other ranges of light, she'd probably be as easy to see as anyone else. That's the general trope with invisible superheroes and how they get beaten, at least. I'm sure this universe has doctors that have super-vision that includes "can see along the broad spectrum of light".

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Injuring a protagonist is a really easy way to designate who the underdog is in a fight

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
I can't wait for Birdboy to have his own Guts-in-black-armor arc, they grow up so fast

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
I just hope we learn more about everyone's family life in side content.

I wanna see if Ashido has an Actual Xenomorph as one of or both of her parents. :allears: