Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Ah, the ol' "War is like a chess game" trope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

There is no way his quirk is just gone forever. I bet Eri can use her quirk to nullify the ability of her own quirk or something. This would be the equivalent of Rock Lee ending up in a wheelchair for life after his Gaara fight. Wayyy too brutal for a shonen character.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Sarcophallus posted:

Why not? MHA already has a huge cast, and Mirio isn't even a main character. From a story telling perspective, this is a growth opportunity for Deku, and it would be squandered if everything just turns out hunky dory in the end. Not much different than Ingenium and Ida, IMO.

Also the manga is still about high schoolers. Doesn't really fit our classroom dynamic to have our senpais critically maimed.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I'm not a huge fan of explicit power levels, but MHA fills a niche for it. The story's done a good job with addressing Deku will die if he goes full ultra so seeing him 20% is actually pretty hype.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

So they took the power of rewinding events and made drugs that nullify quirks? In the first chapter the doctor told Deku not much is known about quirks, but Overhaul here is doing Dr. Robotnik tier experiments as a pastime when he's not busy being a mafia kingpin.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Her power is stronger than Dio and King Crimson from Jojo, and they were bad guys. The heroes can't have powers to revert the universe.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

Yes, but only certain ones.

A bit of checking, and a 1st Edition Blue Eyes White Dragon goes for about the same price as a 1st Edition Charizard.

Really? All the Kaiba starter decks had a Blue Eyes in them. How are they rare like Charizard?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

The oddest part of this arc is how dangerous a mission it is for students. Why would you send high school students into the HQ of the country's most dangerous mafia? Especially when you know the leader's quirk is to explode people by touching them. Where the hell is Endevour and the other pros? Why did it fall on a high school teacher and a PI with laser pens to take them on?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Chisaki's character is such a mess. How can he talk about the heroes' twisted side of justice but also explain his plan to double deal anti-quirk weapons for profit? Also his power is stupid OP and should just rip Deku apart.

However this is my favorite chapter of the arc because it's finally over.

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Oct 27, 2017

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Jesus Christ how horrifying.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Fun chapter and refreshing after last arc's death of teacher and child quirk-paralyzed for life.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Weird for the VA spy to be revealed by the narrative at the beginning of an arc. Does "That Day" refer to answering that math problem or something? Maybe Sparkles is secretly jealous of Deku taking the spotlight.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I like these villains a lot. A rogue YouTube star trying to sabotage a school festival is refreshing after last arc's Yakuza boss slashing up his niece and Deku's senpai getting quirk-crippled for life. Not to mention his joke-loving supervisor impaled to death by rock spikes. And the guy having his arms chopped off before being burned alive.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Dr Subterfuge posted:

I like the turnaround here between last arc and this. Last time he suspected something bad but (was) held back. This time he's going for it. Slightly different circumstances, but an obvious parallel.

My bold prediction is Deku wins, but not until it's down to the wire.

I appreciate that the ridiculous villain (who is great) is probably going to be brought down by an equally ridiculous setup.

I really hope the finishing move is the disco ball

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

This chapter was rad.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Bakugo needs to learn the power of teamwork, and Deku needs to learn the power of power. They compliment eachother nicely.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Is the liberation army the name of OFA's crew?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

No that's Destro's Crew.

Yah my bad, I misread it. Anyways, time for Todoroki and Bakugo to own the libs.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Is Shigaraki about to throw a One Piece style victory party

I was thinking the same thing. This is just like the end of OP's Dressrosa arc.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Rhonne posted:

Sero deeply respects "that one American hero that can shoot spider threads".

How have I never noticed Sero is essentially spiderman

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Hardest part is adjusting to a Sunday release. Gonna miss reading SJ releases Friday before work.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I was definitely expecting Deku to be a 3rd year before the city got blown up. Hard to have the high school setting in the middle of a full-blown civil war.

rannum posted:

I feel like this arc has to end with Shigaraki going into a "oops woke up too soon" coma.

Same. Also this is a great time for Deku to unlock Nana's levitate quirk.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I think he's inherited the original AfO's obsession with destroying OfA, and he's hearing his master's voice ring in his head. Kinda like how Deku hears all the previous OfA users.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Hard to see Endeavor de-quirked or killed since he's the only one who can fight super nomu or even engage Shigaraki right now, and it's too early for Deku and Bakugo to take them on. More likely this ends with all the top heroes in hospital, and Shigaraki makes his debut to the world as the new symbol of terror. Arc ends with everyone in panic but not full-blown civil war yet.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I'm surprised All for One didn't kill Ragdoll since her last moments with her quirk would've been her seeing AfO's weakness: friendship.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Doesn't the giant dude they recruited last arc have multiple quirks?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

oh jay posted:

As I recall, that was a classic Mangastream mistranslation. Though I can't find the official Viz translation right now.

Ah gotcha. Another perk of reading the official.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

RatHat posted:

Maybe Momo almost does it but gets backstabbed by the traitor.

Is the traitor mentioned from season 1 still at large? I assumed the traitor turned out to be the LoV teleporting quirk guy. They got into UA undetected because he was the corpse of an alumni who wouldve had permission to teleport inside.

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jul 18, 2020

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

This makes a lot of sense. But what about the schedules and the summer camp?

Which schedules exactly? Been a long time since I read the earlier arcs. I felt since teleport guy was captured the League has had no info on UA, but this was also the same time AfO was captured and LoV lost all their resources.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Monoma copies AfO, uses it to steal AfO then deletes it. World is saved; Deku explodes from the singularity thing.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

These internships sure have increased in danger exponentially.

1st Internship: Patrol the streets.
2nd: Take down the Yakuza.
3rd: Frontline soldier of a civil war.

Were not even into Year 2 yet!

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I'm gonna assume the beak's a beak and disregard the hair. He's a bird and definitely not some noseless Voldemort dude.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

tbp posted:

ENDEAVOR STOP TALKING poo poo JUST KILL HIM THIS IS ONE OF THOSE FEW TIMES I THINK WE WILL ALL LOOK THE OTHER WAY

Seriously. The 2nd Eraserhead blinks he will rapidly heal and nuke the town.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Kanos posted:

Remember when Iida and Ochako were Deku's best friends and important characters?

I don't think they have a future in the hero business now that the average criminal is no longer some city punks. Year 2 will begin Iida, Ochako and all other students without lethal combat quirks getting transferred to a safer school. This will get rid of all the Krillin/Yamcha/etc distractions so we can fully focus on Deku and Vegeta. The others will still visit for beach and Christmas filler arcs tho.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I do like the idea of Deku gaining multiple quirks from OfA. It'll be a good parallel to AfO where Deku's been entrusted with all his quirks while Shiggy's using a stolen collection.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

I read the original Yugioh manga a couple years ago and man, that's a fun time. Mai is like actually a main character in Duelist Kingdom.

I was shocked reading the OG Yugioh chapters after only watching the 4Kids stuff on tv. How did the 4Kids execs read Kaiba's murder mansion and think this could be adapted into a kids show?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Don't panic, just swiftly and rationally chop off your leg. No way Gigantomachia actually just offscreen defeated all the heroes and students.

e: holy poo poo completely missed that Shiggy scratched out Aizawa's eyes. Or is that hair?

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Aug 28, 2020

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Fabricated posted:

Horikoshi's art style gets murdered by scanlators anyway, so the official release is still a treat to me.

Particularly this arc with all the fireblasts, airblasts, explosions and dust clouds. Every 2nd panel is a grey smear on the scans

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

One Piece has been great the last couple arcs. Don't agree at all there's been a quality decline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

What are the chances Aizawa's eyes can be fixed? Looks like they've been completely gouged out by Shiggy, atleast the right eye