Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

My Hero Academia Manga Thread: Midoriya's One True Love: the hospital bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

After going 0/4 on satisfying manga endings (Naruto, Bleach, Shokugeki No Soma, and Attack on Titan) I'm hoping MHA will break my streak.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

It's great that in the MHA universe you can be born with a washing machine for a head and everyone's like totally cool with it

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I've gotten halfway through Vigilantes and it is awesome. Koichi has that Peter Parker everyman vibe, and watching him develop new applications for his quirk is neat. Supporting cast is good too.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

having the number/name pun arbitrarily switch from Japanese to English is weird.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Kithkar posted:

Given how both their bodies are handling the quirks separately, and that OFA gets stronger when its passed on, I legit expect a fairly possible endgame for an unredeemable Shigaraki scenario is Deku giving up his quirk willingly and then Shigaraki just loving exploding when he tries to do something.

"I am Tetsuo Tomura."

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

ImpAtom posted:

I feel like there have to be a reasonable number of heroes who are basically just Batman but in certain situations they can turn cats into dogs or something.

One of the cast of Vigilantes is quirkless but still swings around on a grappling hook and punches dudes to get a good look at their tongue

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Vinylshadow posted:

That two-page spread with Koichi boosting though

I hope Koichi appears in the main series as a cameo sometime.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

hatty posted:

So she’s a cooler Momo?

momo organism designed only for killing

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I usually hate stories where a character's power is 'i have all the powers' or (i steal powers) (*ahem* Heroes) but I've enjoyed the trope in MHA. Go figure.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

AFO dropping an excellent wrestling promo

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

girl dick energy posted:

Kouichi is such a good boy.

Calling the shot. Koichi saw Two O'Clock outside, and abandoned the plan to come down to try to talk him down peacefully. That's going to fail, because the dude is loving nuts, and it's going to look like Koichi hosed everything up... except he thirty-five minutes ago'd it, and he already found a clever way to get the word out to All Might.

speculation: shooty go blam skywriting or morse code

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Mraagvpeine posted:

"Former Hideout of the Creature Rejection Clan (The Hate Group against Heteromorphs)"

What's a Heteromorph?

different + form/shape?

probably what they call people with quirks or metahumans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Rhonne posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cBYUfAno-0

A new trailer for the movie just dropped. Shows that students other than Deku/Bakugou/Todoroki will show up.

Wow, it's been a minute since I've heard Asian Kung Fu Generation