Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Hey I'm only reading the collected volumes in english and have caught up (vol. 14), but I'd like to read the single stories in Jump, so I subscribed today. What issue of Jump should I try to look for to continue where the last collected volume ended off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Waffleman_ posted:

Issue 15 of 2017 is where you're gonna want to start.

E: Specifically, the first chapter after volume 14 is 129, which is in the March 13, 2017 issue. Also keep in mind that you'll probably have to separately buy past issues, I'm not quite sure how that works.

Ok thanks! I just found out vol 15 comes out early next month so I’ll find stuff from there, but now i have a jumping off point at least

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Mraagvpeine posted:

Good news: you can buy past issues here: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/section/38828/more

Bad news: unless I missed something, you can only buy up to 12 issues ago. So if you didn't buy them when they were available, you're sol.

drat

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I just wanted to say thank you to Shonen Jump for changing their subscription service so you can read all past chapters because I've finally caught up and daaaaaaaamn.

Edit: I look forward to Bakugo and Mirko's eventual meeting.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 19, 2018

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The One Piece stage production was an enormous hit from what I was told so this isn’t a terribly big surprise.

Lmbo at Mineta

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Luckily Midoria isn't as much of a piece of poo poo like Pilgrim was.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuck :psyduck:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Gyges posted:

Deku for Silver Age Superman.

*Grows giant brain in one episode*

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The traitor...

...is u

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lmao Bakugo is using Kirishima as the mallet to make mochi (also lol at Ochako making the mochi float while she eats it)

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

It's been a long time so I forget: is Deku's father A) Dead B) Deadbeat Divorcee C) Common anime trope of the dad who works abroad and you never loving see him for some reason D) Deku's mom had a virgin birth and Deku is Christ?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Ah ok. The "never around parent working abroad" theme is so loving tired to me at this point.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It'd legit just be better if Deku's mom was a single parent because it'd be the same without the dumb cliche.

:yeah:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Vengarr posted:

E) Is All For One

Ah, the "Snoke created Anakin" plan, which is kind of like D.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

RareAcumen posted:

A reverse Korra, as a comparison that makes sense to a dozen people in here.

lmao

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Lmbo if they honestly think anyone would have noticed let alone found a finger in the middle of a goddamned highway.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The fact that Jump is also cheap as hell is another bonus. The Vault makes it 100% worth it.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

These match ups are perfect

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Andrast posted:

On the other hand, gently caress them

:hmmyes:

Also, upcoming BNHA figures looking good.

https://hobby.dengeki.com/event/779024/2/

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Somehow I like Dabi's the best? It just needs a little more texture on the paint for his hosed up skin.

Yeah mass production figures can be really good but are rarely perfect, especially at that scale (I'm assuming that these are going to be around 1/12 scale like the SH Figuarts pieces more or less). The only way you get amazingly good is if they are around 1/6 like Hot Toys figures. Nonetheless I expect to eventually seen repainted ones by fans.

edit: Bandai has been making more and more inroads on realism to scale on some of their higher end stuff. I remember late last year or earlier this one them showing a new process where they make figures that have a red partial internal structure that creates realistic coloring when the slightly translucent skin overlay is put on top of it.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jun 8, 2019

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Dr Subterfuge posted:

And then I imagine them using hyperrealistic skin on an anime girl with anime girl proportions and I start giggling.

You hit the nail on the head with what they were showing it off with.

edit: found it: :nws: https://bandai-hobby.net/site/figurerise-labo/index.html :nws:

edit 2: English explanation and details (also mildly nws due to bikini anime girl figure) [url= https://soranews24.com/2018/03/30/n...ideo&%2312305;/]NWS[/url]

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 8, 2019

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

If it leads to a whole line of improved figures it's really cool but yeah 99% chance it will only be used for anime titties forever :sigh:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I mean, it would be loving amazing if they went the opposite direction and made a whole line of Fist of The North Star or Berserk figures using that technique but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for them.

OTOH they might do some Dragon Ball figures, but again the first ones will probably be Bullma.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Crain posted:

Nah, let me see what one of them Baki duders look like with this.

Actually no, never mind, it's probably terrifying.

lmao

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Re: Vigilantes- has there been any official color art of Queen Pop Step released?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Vinylshadow posted:

Her wiki page has colors for civvie and vigilante outfits
Plus the usual information about hair and eye color (pink and blue respectively, although she has pink contacts)

Oh I was speaking about her recent bout as a pawn of the Queen Bee parasite. Thanks though!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lmbo this is what I'm here for

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

So I guess 3 years has passed in the Vigilantes world since the series started I suppose (it was referenced as that amount of time passing since the characters started their work in that neighborhood) but when is it in the BNHA timeline? I'm kind of guessing that Vigilantes starts 4-5 years before BNHA chapter 1?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Ah good point on Miruko's age.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

PMush Perfect posted:

Steven Universe did it better, and even that ending I have serious problems with.

The ending of the series actually dealt with Steven's PTSD though.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

PMush Perfect posted:

Oh, it did. I'm specifically referring to the "just be friends with the fascists and everything will be okay" part.

Oh yeah that part was pure bullshit, agreed.

edit: it's a huge part of most shonen stories. and I can get it since forgiveness and redemption is a big part of Buddhist philosophy, but at the same time mental illness is incredibly stigmatized in Japan and a lot of times is seen as the person who has M.I.'s own fault. It makes me pretty loving angry.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Oct 30, 2020

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Mountaineer posted:

It turns out every nation on Earth is too busy dealing with their own Shigaraki equivalent to help Japan.

Shin Godzilla has appeared in America during the current happenings of BNHA.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Hogama posted:

From Endeavor's POV, it sounded like Rei was the one who wanted more children to begin with, and plural so she probably wasn't just thinking of stopping at Fuyumi.

Abusers never blame themselves but deflect the blame upon those they've abused. Endeavor his a huge piece of poo poo.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT LEMILLION!!!!! 😭

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

TheKingofSprings posted:

https://bokunoheroacademia.fandom.com/wiki/Popularity_Polls

You can see a lot of the old polls here, they’re sorta interesting to look at. When it comes to the big three characters both sides of the pond are pretty consistent about it, with Kirishima, Eraser and Hawks also being universally popular.

We mostly traded Endeavor for All Might and Tintin :v:

Just out of curiosity, have there been any Vigilantes popularity polls?

edit: gently caress me with spoilers I guess

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

gently caress bleach.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Electric Phantasm posted:

Vigilantes
Are we about to see the fight that gave All Might his injury?

oh god :psyduck:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

It just dawned upon me that Miriko and the others could potentially get back to 100% after all this if Eri can control her power enough to take them back a few days. She's potentially the most important healer in the entire series.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Kyte posted:

Eri's ain't rewinding poo poo.

6 months later she will be able to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Rhonne posted:

Cool, she can heal maybe 1 or 2 people ever 6 months. What about the other hundred or so crippled heroes?

So far from what we know the only real healer can MAYBE heal a broken arm or so, or kept All Might alive to the point where he won't be dying but all his powers are slowly leaving him because he doesn't have the strength to do anything anymore. Miriko lost a leg, but in 6 months will be able to get back to 100%. That isn't insignificant, regardless of the fact that at this point Eri can only do something like this a couple of times per year. Eri is also a child and still growing. Her powers most likely will also continue to grow.